logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:41:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 24 Early Preview (24.0.0.34 Beta) is here!

Super Disclaimer: This is an early release for those who are interested in what we have worked on so far with vMix 24! There will still be some bugs, so it should not be used in productions.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, please report any bugs or issues in this thread.
Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead.

Download Links

vMix
https://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix24preview.exe

New Features and Changes

* Instant Replay revamp!
Eight channel continuous recording of up to eight camera inputs including 4 channel audio.
Added support for high frame rates for capture input and replay, up to 240fps.
Recordings are high quality vMix AVI 4:2:2 files with resolution support up to 4K and Progressive and Interlaced support.
Audio is recorded as uncompressed 48khz 4 channel 32Bit Float.
Two output playback channels that can be controlled independently or in sync and have any camera angle assigned to each.
Twenty (20) Events lists are available that can each include an unlimited number of Mark In and Mark Out points that can be added on the fly and changed at any time.
Events tabs can have custom names applied.
Export events to separate video files on the fly, or use the recordings straight away in your favourite video editor without conversion in MP4 or AVI format.
Dedicated Replay MultiView output with two playback channels alongside eight live camera previews which can be optionally enabled.
Support for two replay controllers simultaneously (JLCooper and ShuttlePro v2) to control each channel independently.
Many new replay functions added including to switch audio source in real time and delete/duplicate events.

* More Stingers and GT Stingers
Two new Stinger channels added.
GT title templates can be used with stingers automatically, where TransitionIn and TransitionOut are used with cut occurring between them.

* Basic Borders for Input Layers
The border feature on Overlay channels can now also be applied to Input Layers.

* NDI 4.5

* Alerts
New alerts manager to flash on screen if there is low audio or FTB enabled.

* Everything is FEIM
New "Faulty Encoder Isolation Mode" for NDI separates each input into its own background application, so if an encoder causes a crash it will not impact.
Note, this mode will increase CPU and memory usage, so will not allow as many NDI inputs.
This can be enabled in Settings -> Performance with Advanced Settings checked.

* Other
Input MultiView renamed Input Layers to make it easier for new users. New shortcut names added as well, with old shortcuts kept for backwards compatibility.
New SRT indicator at top right of vMix main window. Red when connected, amber when no-connection or error.
Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Values supported. Whatever is set with these functions can be recalled by typing in "DynamicValue1-4" as the Value field, or selecting the Dynamic options in the Input dropdown.
Dynamic activators to see which inputs are selected in 1 of 4 dynamic input channels.
Audio channel matrix presets
Tally Lights now follow main input when using virtual PTZ presets.
Added right click menu to vMix Calls under Advanced to show blank frame when call disconnects.
Added OnCallDisconnected/Connected triggers
Data source pausing support with shortcut functions.
Support for focus control on most PTZ Optics camera models (excluding ZCam) when latest firmware installed.

Documentation

http://help.vmix.com/24/

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 30 users thanked admin for this useful post.
raugert on 10/14/2020(UTC), KJ4AWR on 10/14/2020(UTC), MickeyMJJ on 10/14/2020(UTC), doggy on 10/14/2020(UTC), Roi on 10/14/2020(UTC), MycroBeat99 on 10/14/2020(UTC), Oaktown on 10/14/2020(UTC), monamiga on 10/14/2020(UTC), Castaway Studios on 10/14/2020(UTC), sinc747 on 10/14/2020(UTC), greggibson on 10/14/2020(UTC), AVStream on 10/14/2020(UTC), stigaard on 10/14/2020(UTC), guidogast on 10/14/2020(UTC), bgbenni on 10/14/2020(UTC), rudyengels on 10/14/2020(UTC), cdarbro on 10/15/2020(UTC), ask on 10/15/2020(UTC), DWAM on 10/16/2020(UTC), Gunnar on 10/16/2020(UTC), dmwkr on 10/16/2020(UTC), ClementN on 10/18/2020(UTC), QuiapoChurch on 10/20/2020(UTC), AUSVIDE on 10/25/2020(UTC), Ario on 10/30/2020(UTC), Narcogen on 11/23/2020(UTC), Jeffry_Ghost on 11/27/2020(UTC), RobLambert on 11/27/2020(UTC), Stavlin on 11/28/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 12/19/2020(UTC)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 11:44:37 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Pitty

no doubling of IR camera inputs in 4K like in Pro
no ondisconnect SRT input Trigger
geofhill  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:08:10 PM(UTC)
geofhill

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does 24 include more mix inputs? I could sure use 8 or more mix inputs. very very handy they are!
RichDanby  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:32:53 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Looking good and some useful improvements. Thank you. Here are a few things I've noticed from a quick play - apologies if any are user error.

Replay
Opening a previous preset, going into replay settings and choosing to 'Delete All' recordings resulted in an 'Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow' error (details is just Unhandled). After that the slider at the bottom of the instant replay window shows as a red cross on a white background.

I have exported event clips inside the replay folder if that could be a factor.

In the settings it says "this folder was created in an older version of vMix. to use the new replay features, create a new empty session." but there seems no straightforward way to do that with the Browse button disabled. I assume you need to remove and re-add an instant replay input or maybe choose 'change' in the input settings of the existing one. If doing that could break some shortcuts, activators, etc maybe there could be an easier way to change the folder?

When adding a new Instant replay input the dropdowns for cameras 2-7 are disabled.

Ampersands in event names cause the following character to be underlined. Ok, that was me looking for a bug, but it also happens in input names and I thought that was fixed in the past (maybe I just stopped noticing it). It also affects tags/labels for individual events.

Input layer borders
The border doesn't match if the input is cropped
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:41:35 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
In the settings it says "this folder was created in an older version of vMix.

Confirm

Quote:
The border doesn't match if the input is cropped

Confirm
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:48:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

You will need to create a new replay input to a new folder, it is not possible to convert or change
an old replay session input.
This was a natural consequence of the big changes made to replay.

Input borders are currently assigned to the entire video frame and won't reduce in size to match a crop at this time
due to technical limitations.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
doggy on 10/14/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 12/19/2020(UTC)
RichDanby  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6:41:02 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
You will need to create a new replay input to a new folder, it is not possible to convert or change an old replay session input.
This was a natural consequence of the big changes made to replay.

I think losing the replay settings is sort of expected but by having to delete the input and re-add it you lose all triggers, layers, etc. If there was a smoother way to reset the folder it would be a bit more user friendly.

e.g. if you try to change a instant replay input you get the warning "Instant Replay is already in use. Only one session can be open at a time" Rather than blocking the process it would be better if it could give the option to replace the existing input, while keeping the input configuration (not replay config) intact.

There seems to be an issue with the above checking around changing an instant replay input. I can't find a consistent pattern but sometimes that warning doesn't show but the changes seem to be accepted. But after that the Channel B input has been removed. If you then go into replay settings and OK back out of them you get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" - Replay_Configure

admin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 7:19:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

This is a reminder not to post feature requests here, these should go to the Feature Requests forum.
Any further requests here will be removed.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
doggy on 10/14/2020(UTC), sinc747 on 3/1/2021(UTC)
tkachuk.alex  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 7:34:04 PM(UTC)
tkachuk.alex

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What about license? How much? ;)
Rinsky  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 2:42:42 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Can someone please explain me this:

"Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Values supported. Whatever is set with these functions can be recalled by typing in "DynamicValue1-4" as the Value field, or selecting the Dynamic options in the Input dropdown.
Dynamic activators to see which inputs are selected in 1 of 4 dynamic input channels."
MycroBeat99  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 2:56:27 AM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Two output playback channels that can be controlled independently or in sync and have any camera angle assigned to each.

Also, can you explain how we can use this?
Rinsky  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 3:30:50 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: MycroBeat99 Go to Quoted Post

Also, can you explain how we can use this?

I can explain this:

There are 3 buttons now "A/B", "A" and "B", if you click "A/B" then you control it like you used to and output A and B is always in sync

If you click "A" or "B" you will only play out your events in this channel. You can play different events on A and B.

Just test it by creating events -> press A -> start an event -> press B -> start a different event.

thanks 1 user thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
MycroBeat99 on 10/15/2020(UTC)
jvphobic  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 7:39:55 AM(UTC)
jvphobic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What is the approximate size comparisons in the old IR codec vs the Vmix codec? I want to get a general idea of HDD size I should be prepping for.

Thanks.
doggy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:12:24 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Custom XAML ???

Warning: The following API is deprecated as of vMix 24 and may be removed in a future update.
dasmedienatelier  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:56:28 PM(UTC)
dasmedienatelier

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks for this long awaited update!

I have a few questions concerning high frame rates:

- What camera / capture card did you check?

- Does the overall performance decrease?

- Can you mix hi/normal frame rates in the same project or does the entire project need to be set to i.e. 120fps?

Thanks,

Knut
dasmedienatelier  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:57:45 PM(UTC)
dasmedienatelier

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Can I install vmix 24 for testing and 23 for production at the same time?
doggy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 7:26:47 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

quick test in IR with a build in webcam.

camera view is upside down for replay
kricher1964  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:57:43 PM(UTC)
kricher1964

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
quick test in IR with a build in webcam.

camera view is upside down for replay

same for me
Rinsky  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 10:36:31 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Originally Posted by: dasmedienatelier Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this long awaited update!

I have a few questions concerning high frame rates:

- What camera / capture card did you check?

- Does the overall performance decrease?

- Can you mix hi/normal frame rates in the same project or does the entire project need to be set to i.e. 120fps?

Thanks,

Knut

I think that...

...they used the Marshall CV506-H12 or something similar to test the high framerates

...the performance is better than it was with the old codec (from what I've tested so far)

...you can set your project framerate and resolution different from your IR framerate and resolution. If you can have a 4 camera 1080p120 instant replay input in a 1080p60 production, but all instant replay inputs will be recorded in the same framerate and resolution, even if the input is just 720p50. You can combine different resolutions and progressive framerates, but I think that interlaced inputs can't be combined with progressive ones (would really love to see that working as well)
thanks 1 user thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
dasmedienatelier on 10/27/2020(UTC)
Oaktown  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 5:08:48 AM(UTC)
Oaktown

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
New SRT indicator at top right of vMix main window. Red when connected, amber when no-connection or error.

This is a great addition but it would be nice if this new SRT indicator had the status for each of the SRT outputs (1, 2, 3, 4)