logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dnfeal  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 2:52:41 AM(UTC)
dnfeal

Groups: Registered

I see that the Blackmagic Intensity shuttle thunderbolt is on the supported hardware list. Is there some reason why the Intensity shuttle USB3.0 is not on the list that would preclude me from purchasing and using that capture device?

Thanks,
David
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 3:13:38 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi David

We are using BM Shuttle USB3 on different machines, no problems in our case. But you have to be careful because the BM Shuttle does not work with certain chipsets. I guess this is the reason why USB3-Shuttle is not on the list of supported hardware. It is not guaranteed that Shuttle will work. But this is independant from vMix, it belongs to USB-standards and technology. If Shuttle works with your machine in general then it will also work with vMix.

About two years ago we had many problems with BM Shuttle because only NEC/Renesas chipsets where supported (and only few of them). Today situation is much better and it is very likely that it will work on almost all new machines with USB3. But as mentioned before, no guarantees because of different technology by chipset suppliers. And of course it is a must that you update BM-Shuttle and USB drivers to the very latest version provided by manufacturers website.

It might be best to ask at BM support whether your USB3 controller is supported.

Regards
Karsten
thanks 1 user thanked Innomedia for this useful post.
dnfeal on 2/14/2014(UTC)