logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SKYGIF  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:11:49 AM(UTC)
SKYGIF

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Users would like a little guidance on which video card does vMix recommend. Saying, "any modern fairly new card" is somewhat confusing. We want vMix's recommendation based on years of testing. I've listed the cards that Adobe recommends for optimal performance in Premiere Pro. My thought is if its good enough for Premiere Pro then it should run vMix just fine. Is this a fair assessment? Do you see a card on this list that you really like or dislike?

Adobe - Supported AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards for GPU acceleration

Windows CUDA:
GeForce GT 650M
GeForce GT 750M
GeForce GTX 285
GeForce GTX 470
GeForce GTX 570
GeForce GTX 580
GeForce GTX 675MX
GeForce GTX 680
GeForce GTX 680MX
GeForce GTX 690
GeForce GTX 770
GeForce GTX 780
GeForce GTX TITAN
Quadro CX
Quadro FX 3700M
Quadro FX 3800
Quadro FX 3800M
Quadro FX 4800
Quadro FX 5800
Quadro 2000
Quadro 2000D
Quadro 2000M
Quadro 3000M
Quadro 4000
Quadro 4000M
Quadro 5000
Quadro 5000M
Quadro 5010M
Quadro 6000
Quadro K1100M
Quadro K2000
Quadro K2100M
Quadro K2000M
Quadro K3000M
Quadro K4000
Quadro K4100M
Quadro K4000M
Quadro K5000
Quadro K5000M
Quadro K6000
Tesla C2050
Tesla C2070
Tesla C2075
Tesla M2050
Tesla M2070
Tesla K10

Mac CUDA:
GeForce GTX 285
GeForce GTX 675MX
GeForce GTX 680
GeForce GTX 680MX
GeForce GT 650M
GeForce GT 750M
Quadro CX
Quadro FX 4800
Quadro 4000
Quadro K5000
Charssay  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:32:39 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Dear SKYGIF

Going always in the way of what is the best card recommendation is not the good approach
First of all, the development of Vmix gives us all the "requirement" hardware to work smoothly. I emphasize on Requirement because it was really tested with it, but many user using Vmix do not use exactly what it is recommended and have a best experience with this software.

http://www.vmix.com.au/supported-hardware.aspx

It's not possible actually to test all hardware (Graphic card, Motherboard, Laptop, capture card, etc ...) and notice that depending on such or such configuration (Self-Build or not) one or other add-on hardware could be the best or the worst.

See before the recommendation, any other card having this hardware capabilty in that requirement or better could be used.
After then see what you want to do with vmix, check your budget and the hardware you are building for any compatibility issue and choose the card that respond to it.

This is my Opinion

Rgds

C.
SKYGIF  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:48:48 PM(UTC)
SKYGIF

Man

Thanks Charssay

I actually overlooked the page you linked to. That's a great start into figuring out where to start when building a system around vMix. The budget isn't a problem for me as long as I know what I'm buying. Ideally I want a graphics card that is great for vMix and Premiere Pro. I really wish vMix would sell "Ready To Go" racks that had everything you need for a 2, 4, or 8, camera shoot. (Excluding Cameras) I know it's software based but I must be missing something because I can't seem to get my webcam to activate inside vMix when Skype is occupying the cam. Seems like I need a piece of hardware. If you use vMix with Skype, how do you have it hooked in?
Charssay  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:31:15 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Dear SkyGif

I Build personal unit for decade now, always according to what my customer need to do with it. And since I discover Vmix, I try to update those who need new set for recording In Live when they want to look at their cost (specialy chuch community), and whatever the software they will use. The best card your Adobe premiere will use, Vmix will deal with it. For Skype, I don't know, because I do not use it. Wait for someone in the forum that have done something, maybe it will help you

If you want a System already set, there is this seller, http://streambreeze.net/ , You can try it if you want ...

Rgds

C.
thanks 1 user thanked Charssay for this useful post.
Egriswold on 2/5/2014(UTC)
Egriswold  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:12:14 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Thank you Charssay for the mention.
SkyGif, for vMix to see webcam change skype input to "vMix video" then webcam should be available to vMix as input.
Also don't waist money on big powerful video card for Adobe PP the end results aren't that great.
rather invest in a matrox I/O or BlackMagic Intensity I/O. These will give you much higher quality and faster rendering.
If you are interested in a turnkey system that's proven to work please feel free to contact me. I have dozens of these that we have built for clients in the U.S. and Europe.
BR
Ed Griswold
www.streambreeze.net
SKYGIF  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 2:28:28 AM(UTC)
SKYGIF

Man

Thanks for the input! I use Premiere Pro more than vMix so I may have to buy a few extra CUDA cores. Thanks for the link. I will keep it in mind while I'm putting together a system that can edit 4k video smoothly, stream hd smoothly, and can capture program feeds smoothly. The computer isn't everything but its the hub. I want a solid hub then branch out with nice cameras and Black Magic gear.

My video card is old. Radeon 4890 and I haven't had a single problem with vMix. It's silky smooth. In Premiere Pro it's kinda glitchy on playback. I know there are a bunch of other factors but still the card is so old -2009- Windows 8 upgrade took 2 days of finagling.