logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ranz  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 12:19:22 PM(UTC)
ranz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi this is great :)
Now you guys are starting to make use of the Chrome and WebRT APIs more!

I did a video testing it out yesterday - and I did notice a couple of things which I'll list below the video:

1) When you click from screen share back to webcam, there seems to be an increase in video lag.
2) You have to reconnect to get the screen sharing window popup (it seems you can only select one sharing option, and that remains for the connection)
3) Once you "STOP SHARING" you can't seem to restart it without reconnecting the call.
4) Once you dismiss (or hide) the STOP SHARING bar - you can't get it back - it's gone forever unless you reconnect the call

it would also be nice to add:

1) MIDI via Web (there's a few other screensharing type platforms out there that enable MIDI) - this could be handy for various controlling options
2) an option to change the video frame rate (screen sharing can be quite pixel-ly)
3) an option to control the audio bitrate (whilst we are doing BETA stuff with vmixcall) - this is something I've wanted for a while now - and the codec allows for this.

a few things I liked:

1) how the sharing video freezes when you STOP SHARING until you go back to re-enable your webcam - this is great for privacy
2) how the application and web tab options don't show OS dropdown menus and title bars - great again for privacy
admin  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:47:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

vMix Call Website Beta has been updated so that the screen sharing button will prompt
for what to capture again if you click stop sharing in Chrome.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
elvis55 on 5/26/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 6/19/2020(UTC)
nowski  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:35:44 PM(UTC)
nowski

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Ok done some testing and it does work in stereo (hooray), though I was getting some audio glitching - breaks in transmission, periodically every few seconds in both default (autogain, echo cancellation checked) and also unchecked and force stereo selected. I can confirm that the stereo was working (aside from the glitching).
Tried two different remote audio input devices so its not that. In the same session also tested zoom with stereo audio enabled, quality not as good, but no glitches.

Also noticed that the video quality was a little less than usual and we both have high bandwidth and we've connected regularly using Vmixcall before.

But if we can get rid of the glitching, then this will be great - and thanks for listening and acting on our requests. Much appreciated.

Happy to do more testing as I really want this to work!
Buenos Aires Streaming  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:33:42 AM(UTC)
Buenos Aires Streaming

Argentina

Originally Posted by: santa Go to Quoted Post
are the 2 sources (camera and desktop) available at the same time so the director can choose when to show the cam and when the desktop (like skype and ndi)?

It would be very important that you can work as Skype and allow us to see the camera and the presentation at the same time
lem120  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:40:56 PM(UTC)
lem120

Italy

Hi,
and thank you in advance for this new vmix call!

I'm tryig some screen tests and the only audio i can receive is from microphones instead the screen i'm sharing.

Is that right or is there something i'm missing for?

EDIT: for now i'm solving with Loopback, an app to virtually routing the audio from applications.
Sherwin  
#26 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 3:14:40 AM(UTC)
Sherwin

India

Add a feature in vmixcall so that the producer can remotely control the ptz camera of the guest.this is available in Zoom . Refer things such as UVC protocol and Rocosoft ptzjoy software.
MJM  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:59:55 PM(UTC)
MJM

United Kingdom

This is a fantastic development when will it be out of BETA as I could definitley use this now with a few clients. Thank you :-)
Streamlab  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 10:31:24 PM(UTC)
Streamlab

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: santa Go to Quoted Post
are the 2 sources (camera and desktop) available at the same time so the director can choose when to show the cam and when the desktop (like skype and ndi)?

No, for that you would need two browser tabs and two call passwords/inputs.
Note that you will need twice the bandwidth for this setup. (approximately 4mbps total for the guest)

Just tested beta.vmixcall.com

Screensharing works, but it would be very nice to have the option to share both camera and screen as picture in picture! Can this please be implemented in the final version?
thanks 1 user thanked Streamlab for this useful post.
Divide on 6/6/2020(UTC)
Maximus  
#29 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 6:28:40 AM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

vMix Call Website Beta has been updated so that the screen sharing button will prompt
for what to capture again if you click stop sharing in Chrome.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi, I have tried this on 2 computers and I am not getting the option to choose what to share when I stop and restart sharing. I am using the latest version of Chrome Browser. Has anyone else had success with this?

Maxi

M7 Eventos  
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 5:02:41 AM(UTC)
M7 Eventos

Brazil

Good morning everyone. I ran a test with the beta version and really the screen sharing was a great implementation. It would be very good if it were possible to insert an option to change the resolution of the camera in the configuration. Because when we perform this configuration on Vmix and send the access link to a guest what prevails is the configuration of the camera on his cell phone or computer. Even changing to 360p, we still receive the image in 720p as the resolution of the guest's camera. So when the guest has low internet, the image arrives distorted, checkered. Would it be possible to improve this? thank you.
quadstar  
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 7:06:34 AM(UTC)
quadstar

From iPhone8-iOS 13.3-Safari
In the Beta version there is no audio received in Vmix, whereas in the Release version the audio works fine.

From Honor 7S-Android 8.1.0-Chrome
The audio works fine in both the Beta and Release version.
quadstar  
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:18:08 AM(UTC)
quadstar

Sorry for piggybacking a bit, but it might be something to consider while Vmix Call is being upgraded atm.

Initially Vmix Call was developed to add remote guests to the production.
The concept however opens a lot more opportunities, but is missing some features for it.

°Remote Reporter (mobile device):
-Swapping front/back needs to be possible during the call, in a one-button way and without interrupting the connection.
-In back-camera mode the main screen frame needs to be the camera view, the return feed can be in the PIP frame.
-Tally in the display
-Being able to use the camera zoom function would be a big plus

in fact it would be the camera features of the Larix broadcaster app integrated with the current features of Vmix Call (return video & audio feed)
Maybe it would be an idea to create a dedicated Remote Reporter app rather than using a browser. This also would allow to record everything on the mobile device as well. When the connection drops, all footage is still available for editing in a round-up after the live.

°Remote commentator(s)
The features of an announcer box in the browser:
-a cough button
-a talk-back button
-a 'private' button that allows the PbP and Color to talk to eachother in private. (In on site productions where they are sitting next to eachother, they use the cough button for that)
-audio mixer: useful for the PbP and Color to adjust the volume in their headphones of the PGM or ambient sound independent of the volume of hearing their colleague.
thanks 1 user thanked quadstar for this useful post.
mburel1980 on 6/11/2020(UTC)
lestra  
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 4:58:55 PM(UTC)
lestra

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is it possible to get automatic switch to audio only (with still image)when connection quality goes bad?
chrisv_s  
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:04:30 AM(UTC)
chrisv_s

United Kingdom

The settings function to select different microphones and cameras make this far easier to use for our clients. Are you able to provide an estimated date for when this version will be released? We are nervous about using it for events while still in beta.
avcomguy  
#35 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 1:22:29 AM(UTC)
avcomguy

Man
Ireland

May or may not be the correct place for this but ....

Being able to do a multi layer - remote presenter and remote media on same screen.

We just tried this idea (two tabs - one showing camera - one showing presentation) - it's something our clients would require -
- worked really well .. we could show in the room using NDI signals to our venue show controller (etc etc) audio perfect ...

That was before lunch ...

Reconnected to take some screen grabs for possible client instructions and it didn't work so well ..
caller (me) receiving constant echo of myself - which makes sense - the system doesn't know that the two calls are on one computer - so why would it want to mute one entirely.
Question was - nothing changed setup-wise - why did it work before and not after

After to-ing and fro-ing for a while we figured the only way to do it successfully was to use current version vmixcall for camera and beta version for screen sharing and mute that sites audio in the tab settings.

So - in conclusion
I shouldn't have had lunch !!

OR we require two separate sites all the time (?)

But the idea is sound - and required.
avcomguy  
#36 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 6:08:41 PM(UTC)
avcomguy

Man
Ireland

Sorry guys (and gals)

Just read over what I posted and it's maybe not clear what we were doing

Guest presenter/caller computer - two tabs open - one dialling in on vmixcall - one dialling in on beta - on two separate channels

Thereby allowing what I described previously

We initially did it all on two beta calls - and worked well
Then - for whatever reason - it didnt
Solution - as above.

Obviously when screen sharing comes out of beta we're in trouble again
We could do it using another platform for media but We'd like to keep it all in the one place.
Is there a way that we can disable audio being routed to callers from other callers ?? dont think it's just a simple case of muting mics - we got loop audio no matter which tab we muted at the caller end.

Even still - it's a great essential development - well done Martin and team 👍👍👍👍
admin  
#37 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 6:36:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
You can right click a call in vMix and set the Audio source to an audio bus enabled (in Settings -> Audio Outputs) but not being used, thus essentially sending silence.
This is to avoid sending two audio streams to the two separate Chrome tabs.
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
avcomguy on 7/3/2020(UTC), eduardocfs on 7/6/2020(UTC)
RogerBlu  
#38 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:41:22 PM(UTC)
RogerBlu

Italy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It would be very useful to be able to send the camera switch command to screen feed also directly from VMix.
Couldn't it be interesting for everyone?
Speakers immersed in the explanation of their slides often forget to do simple actions such as the switch on the camera ...
santofilme  
#39 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:59:29 AM(UTC)
santofilme

Brazil

We often receive the speaker plus the powerpoint and add both in a multiview.
Should be nice if the speaker could share the powerpoint and continue sending the camera, so we can compose both.
thanks 1 user thanked santofilme for this useful post.
Divide on 7/11/2020(UTC)
avcomguy  
#40 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 9:48:58 PM(UTC)
avcomguy

Man
Ireland

See above
You can - with two tabs on a browser - using two separate dial ins - one set always to camera - one set always to screen share.
We have found the best way to do it is with a laptop with an extended monitor - so you have powerpoint on one monitor, browser on the other monitor.
Set powerpoint to show mode only on one monitor (not presenter view) - share that screen.
The only downside (if you will) is that you're halving your available dial ins
Hope that makes sense

Pete