logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Animatic  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 5:28:07 AM(UTC)
Animatic

Groups: Registered

Great start... now we need you to add more then 8 inputs. 16 would be a good start. 24 perfect.

especially if people are going to take 2 calls up each.

Anyone Agree?

Thanks vMixx,,, long needed!
ranz  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 12:19:22 PM(UTC)
ranz

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi this is great :)
Now you guys are starting to make use of the Chrome and WebRT APIs more!

I did a video testing it out yesterday - and I did notice a couple of things which I'll list below the video:

1) When you click from screen share back to webcam, there seems to be an increase in video lag.
2) You have to reconnect to get the screen sharing window popup (it seems you can only select one sharing option, and that remains for the connection)
3) Once you "STOP SHARING" you can't seem to restart it without reconnecting the call.
4) Once you dismiss (or hide) the STOP SHARING bar - you can't get it back - it's gone forever unless you reconnect the call

it would also be nice to add:

1) MIDI via Web (there's a few other screensharing type platforms out there that enable MIDI) - this could be handy for various controlling options
2) an option to change the video frame rate (screen sharing can be quite pixel-ly)
3) an option to control the audio bitrate (whilst we are doing BETA stuff with vmixcall) - this is something I've wanted for a while now - and the codec allows for this.

a few things I liked:

1) how the sharing video freezes when you STOP SHARING until you go back to re-enable your webcam - this is great for privacy
2) how the application and web tab options don't show OS dropdown menus and title bars - great again for privacy
admin  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 2:47:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 2634 time(s) in 1117 post(s)
Hi,

vMix Call Website Beta has been updated so that the screen sharing button will prompt
for what to capture again if you click stop sharing in Chrome.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
elvis55 on 5/26/2020(UTC)
nowski  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:35:44 PM(UTC)
nowski

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Ok done some testing and it does work in stereo (hooray), though I was getting some audio glitching - breaks in transmission, periodically every few seconds in both default (autogain, echo cancellation checked) and also unchecked and force stereo selected. I can confirm that the stereo was working (aside from the glitching).
Tried two different remote audio input devices so its not that. In the same session also tested zoom with stereo audio enabled, quality not as good, but no glitches.

Also noticed that the video quality was a little less than usual and we both have high bandwidth and we've connected regularly using Vmixcall before.

But if we can get rid of the glitching, then this will be great - and thanks for listening and acting on our requests. Much appreciated.

Happy to do more testing as I really want this to work!
Buenos Aires Streaming  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:33:42 AM(UTC)
Buenos Aires Streaming

Argentina

Originally Posted by: santa Go to Quoted Post
are the 2 sources (camera and desktop) available at the same time so the director can choose when to show the cam and when the desktop (like skype and ndi)?

It would be very important that you can work as Skype and allow us to see the camera and the presentation at the same time
lem120  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:40:56 PM(UTC)
lem120

Italy

Hi,
and thank you in advance for this new vmix call!

I'm tryig some screen tests and the only audio i can receive is from microphones instead the screen i'm sharing.

Is that right or is there something i'm missing for?

EDIT: for now i'm solving with Loopback, an app to virtually routing the audio from applications.