logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MSRENT  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 2:56:31 PM(UTC)
MSRENT

Groups: Registered
United States

I have 4 channels of audio coming in over SDI.

I want to use them all as mono channels and send two of them to the Master and Two to Bus A.

Setting the Channel setting to separate mono totally breaks output on the Buses. I don't understand why. I assume this is a bug?

Is there any way to customize the Audio mixer page?

Here's what I got but I'm trying to figure out a better solution. The best thing I can think of is assigning everything to both left and right of their respective buses. Then opening the video input and opening audio settings when I need to adjust something. However this isn't great in the middle of a production, and I would very much like to see the input levels of different channels. Instead of one mono meter.

I also can't get SetVolumeChannelMixer to work with a midi controller. It is setup like Value = Channel,Volume 0-100, Value,Input

But there doesn't seem to be a way to assign a midi slider to the input. You can assign a button to and a fixed value like 50% but that is it. This seems like a problem, is this not possible?

Input Mixer

Input Matrix

Problem
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:42:23 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
With the channel matrix you can select what audio is on what bus. You also can link ch3 to left and right and use another bus for just Ch4.

For the Midi controller you can use the "find" function in the shortcut settigns. If it's detected there you can use it for whatever function available in vmix.
MSRENT  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 12:24:10 AM(UTC)
MSRENT

United States

I understand how the matrix works that isn't the problem, it's how the application handles it. Let me know if I wasn't clear on the problem.

I also know how the find function works, that isn't the problem it's again that I can't assign a fader to value because the parameter wants a value for the first item which forces it to ignore the midi value.
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:49:57 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSRENT Go to Quoted Post
I also can't get SetVolumeChannelMixer to work with a midi controller. It is setup like Value = Channel,Volume 0-100, Value,Input

But there doesn't seem to be a way to assign a midi slider to the input. You can assign a button to and a fixed value like 50% but that is it. This seems like a problem, is this not possible?

Try +=1 or -=1 for Volume (or any increment you like instead of 1). Works with buttons, don't know about sliders.
MSRENT  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:31:58 PM(UTC)
MSRENT

United States

That doesn't work.
MSRENT  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 2:20:53 PM(UTC)
MSRENT

United States

Bump anyone?
dmwkr  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 2:06:13 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Afaik you need vMix activators to get feedback to your MIDI device, but there are no activators included for the volume levels of the channels (https://www.vmix.com/help23/index.htm?ActivatorsEdit.html). So you should be able to adjust the channel volume levels with shortcuts on sliders/buttons (I don't know what "doesn't work"), but the slider won't represent the current state of the channel's volume on your device.
nottooloud  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:17:59 AM(UTC)
nottooloud

United States

Originally Posted by: MSRENT Go to Quoted Post
the parameter wants a value for the first item which forces it to ignore the midi value.

Leave the value empty?