logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mavik  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 6:16:15 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ClaudiuCiprian Go to Quoted Post
We used to do tens of sports live streams per month but now we have to look to different markets and the live streaming of video conferences is one of them. For these kind of events we arealso missing the vMix video call "share screen" functionality; we are currently running the presentations from vMix during the live events but a lot of clients want to have the control of presentations and this is almost impossible when using vMix. We tried to make a mix between vMix and Zoom but it is both more complicate and it does not allow us to show 3 or 4 people in parallel.

To give the clients control over PPTs they can present online and share the link with you. You just need to use the webpage input and you have their slides controlled by them in your vMix. I use the 3CX video conference forr meetings. The software is basically free at the beginning and can be run in the cloud. Their video conferencing is included and offers screen share, PDF share, Chat and the like. Tools that you would expect for a collaboration tool.
pba  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:00:52 AM(UTC)
pba

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
It's not a real solutions/option. In company enviroment, you can't install anything on the remote guests equipments. Its a security policy. Do you know what is the solution? Yes, the webRTC based screensharing, thats the point.

Originally Posted by: KnKproductions Go to Quoted Post
You can share a screen... use OBS w/NDI kit as a desktop capture and then set the web browser source as the NDI feed. vMix call will then send the desktop and whatever else the client puts in OBS including their low quality camera and mic. This will let clients with Macs work too, and it's the only reason I didn't say to use vMix HD on the caller's computer (doesn't operate on mac).
Yes you'll have to do a lot more prep and probably remote-in to their computer to set it up and train them on what to do.
I figure if it's really worth it, everyone here complaining and using caps to convey their version of reality would have found this "relatively simple" solution by now and implemented it.
It's unfortunate that the mob starts to actually demand features and expecting the dev team to have it ready at the snap of their fingers.
Looking at vMix Call, it was added as a solution to do one thing: add video calls to the mix. If you want desktop sharing, go the extra mile for now and set up your callers with a trial version of vMix on pc or OBS w/NDI tools if on a mac.
vMix dev team doesn't owe you anything, please stop with the silly internet forum demands. It's ugly.

anthonyRECOGNITY  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:57:53 AM(UTC)
anthonyRECOGNITY

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone,

As every company has got a full version of MS office, i use the "present online" option in powerpoint.
It generates a link you can input as a web browser in your VMIX production, add it some cropping to hide PPT's overlays and it's done.

But the feature would also be great :)
Regards
thanks 1 user thanked anthonyRECOGNITY for this useful post.
pingu2k on 5/17/2020(UTC)
mjgraves  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 6:26:50 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
My employer is a conference service that has long had a screen sharing function and "web phone" both of which leverage parts of WebRTC.

Initially, desktop sharing required the use of a browser extension in Chrome and Firefox. Quite recently this changed. Our dev team were able to rejig our desktop sharing so that no extension is required. Apparently Firefox lead the way and is a good place to seek examples.

This suggests that it's now possible to consider screen sharing in vMix Call.
elvis55  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 5:53:08 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Sometimes it would also be good if certain users took a little initiative and did not always criticize the vMix team. Martin and his team do a good job. But there are always people who are looking for the egg-laying wool milk sow.

SparkoCam

buy SparkoCam
SparkoCam
License includes all available SparkoCam features except of Canon / Nikon support (video from Canon or Nikon camera will be watermarked). Mac isn't supported.

I tested it. Switch from webcam to desktop recording.
pingu2k  
#46 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 3:29:19 AM(UTC)
pingu2k

Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'd vote +1 for either the remote-presentation-control or the desktop share option for the vMix caller.
richardgatarski  
#47 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:07:43 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
+1
tvpRich  
#48 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:20:00 AM(UTC)
tvpRich

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It seems to me that a (Share Desktop in vMix Call) is a natural progression add-on for a future feature.
This feature comes standard in other formats. Especially in today's virus atmosphere, its becoming a necessity to add a simple feature like this, as the work-a-rounds aren't easy for client-guest-callers, and the competition might just get a leg in on this action before vMix does.
thanks 1 user thanked tvpRich for this useful post.
pingu2k on 5/19/2020(UTC)
Reinaldo  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:06:44 AM(UTC)
Reinaldo

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Guys,
Did you see this? OMG
https://beta.vmixcall.com/

Introducing beta.vmixcall.com

We've been working on a few updates to the vMix Call web site based on user feedback which you can find at the beta web site above.
As this is a beta it is subject to change at any time!

System Requirements

This beta is for Chrome and FireFox on Mac and Windows PCs only.
It is not supported for use with mobile devices as they currently do not support screen sharing via a browser.

Features

* Settings (cog) button can be used to select camera and microphone and also disable some audio
features such as echo cancellation, automatic gain and force stereo, handy for users sending music to improve quality.

* Screen sharing button (monitor button) can be used to switch between the selected camera and screen sharing.

Known Limitations

* Screen sharing sends at the resolution set by Windows or OSX.
So if your display is set to a high resolution this will impact frame rate and/or quality.
Therefore we recommend reducing the resolution in Windows and or OSX display settings.

* Screen sharing will request the display and/or window to select only once per call.
This makes it easy to switch between camera and screen quickly when the call is running, but if you need
to change displays or windows, a reconnect to the call is required.

Feedback

Feel free to report bugs and suggest features here.
Please note we are not accepting requests for 1080p support at this time, as it does not provide a good experience in browsers
for the vast majority of webcams and computers.

Thanks Vmix.
You are the best!!!!!
thanks 3 users thanked Reinaldo for this useful post.
Tom75 on 5/19/2020(UTC), tvpRich on 5/19/2020(UTC), pingu2k on 5/19/2020(UTC)
tvpRich  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:06:09 AM(UTC)
tvpRich

Man
United States

I don't wanna sound like a Party Pooper, but...
There's One Caveat... (and This IS a Major One)
This Screen Share does not allow us to have both the Presenter's Video -AND- the Desktop/PowerPoint at the same time?

I know we keep asking for more, (and I know that each implementation of additional features is a major re-write of program code) but without having two independent screens (Talking head guest & PowerPoint) stream, we'll never be able to have a split screen?
KnKproductions  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:24:02 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tvpRich Go to Quoted Post
This Screen Share does not allow us to have both the Presenter's Video -AND- the Desktop/PowerPoint at the same time?

I know we keep asking for more, (and I know that each implementation of additional features is a major re-write of program code) but without having two independent screens (Talking head guest & PowerPoint) stream, we'll never be able to have a split screen?

Use a second monitor. boom
tvpRich  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 7:32:19 AM(UTC)
tvpRich

Man
United States

KnKProductions, That still doesn't allow for the Producer to have both PowerPoint and the talking-head independently to manipulate into a split screen?
[img=https://photos.app.goo.gl/z6mgLmWevPN8XJTn6]vMixCall Desktop Share Feature Example-A[/img]
Tom75  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 5:55:38 PM(UTC)
Tom75

Switzerland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tvpRich Go to Quoted Post

I agree this would be the goal, also would like to say that being able to share screen/app is a big step, so thumbs up!

While generating two inputs (presentation/video) out of one caller in vmix is probably not very straight forward, it would offer the best layouting options. There is an option in jitsi meet with their "presentation mode", you end up being able to share screen and video with the video in the lower right. Although very limiting in terms of layout, it does the trick and the code's available.

I know, you give them the little finger, right? ;-) Thanks for all the work so far!
pingu2k  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 11:23:57 PM(UTC)
pingu2k

Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This looks great! I'll test it out next the days. To overcome the one-stream-limitation, I try to create two "Caller" instances in vMix and open two browserwindows on the remote presenter site. Okay, that kills one Caller-Slot, but if it works...

Before that I was thinking on using Skype only for the presentations and vMix Callers for the video feeds. Well, need to try it out.
videokommando  
#55 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 8:56:11 PM(UTC)
videokommando

Man

A good option for powerpoint control.

https://internetclicker.com/

PowerPoint runs in the studio, controlled remotely by the presenter.

There is a wish list.
Vote for the Vmix API! :)

VMix Remote