logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reinaldo  
#21 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:46:28 AM(UTC)
Reinaldo

Groups: Registered
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Please, please, please.
We need this!!!!
+1 for this function.
rollfocus  
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 9:23:42 AM(UTC)
rollfocus

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Chiming in to add a +1 from our end - many of our shows are going completely remote in the midst of the COVID pandemic and we need a simple way for vMix Call speakers (with no live stream experience) to share their slide presentations.
tvpRich  
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
tvpRich

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Desktop sharing with guest control of their slides remotely (such as PowerPoint Share Online) is SO desperately needed, especially in today's atmosphere with Covid-19. I would be willing to even pay $$$ for this feature, as all other work-a-rounds are way too difficult for the average user to understand and perform.

I work on a weekly Doctor/Patient Livestream for LACNETS, UCLA & City of Hope. These Online programs HAVE to be better quality that what Zoom Rooms has to offer, and up until now, it's been produced on-site where I can tie into the program's Laptop for PowerPoint presentations.
Now, with no Live-Guest meetings, I have to train 2-3 doctors 4-times a month on how to perform all of the work-a-rounds. And forget about the one's who work on Mac. It's a difficult task that fails way too often because it requires a mentality that only us Producers carry.

So, especially now WE really really need this option to be integrated into vMix. Trust me when I say that if you can accomplish this, vMix will be the ONLY one in the world with this and excel exponentially.
spino  
#24 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 6:38:49 PM(UTC)
spino

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
+1
In old version of NDI it was possible to do that. Scan converter was the solution but in new release scan converter is still there but without desktop capture. There is a plugin for OBS to capture the desktop via NDI, I thing that something similar could be done for Vmix.
pba  
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 7:26:30 PM(UTC)
pba

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Silence from Vmix Team... it can be really useful for us, if we know what is the plan... Is this function planned, or not at all...
IceStream  
#26 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 3:45:43 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ pba

AFAIK, the guys at vMix have looked into this but have not yet found a way to make it work.
Tim mentioned this in a recent "Petrol Friday" Facebook stream:
https://www.facebook.com...videos/1530937200406204/

Ice
Paul_WCP  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 12:56:41 AM(UTC)
Paul_WCP

Germany

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Maybe vMix can look into the code of jitsi.

Jitsi uses webRTC too and has screen sharing option built in.
jaialai  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 1:46:15 AM(UTC)
jaialai

I have the VMIX pro version and with the COVID19 problem I see it essential that Vmix Call has the Share Screen option. See if the VMIX team is encouraged to include it in the Pro version.
Murchik  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2020 8:04:58 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
+1 In vMix calls, screen capture is very necessary without any special difficulties, so that any user can do this.

2. It is very necessary to increase the number of simultaneous vMix calls. Personally, I now need at least 12 simultaneous sources. (I use the pro version)

3. Recently, the stability (stability) of vMix calls has greatly decreased - is it possible to improve the quality of work? At the moment, subscribers who regularly connected with high quality with difficulty and terrible quality are connected.

4. Last update disappointed! In the header of the vMix window of calls, the names of the channels connecting on the same channel were dynamically changed before. Now, the name of the first connected user remains in the header - it’s not very convenient for dynamic work.

5. Is it possible to correctly integrate Skype into vMix? To many it is easier to connect via Skype.
Tom75  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 3:00:11 AM(UTC)
Tom75

Switzerland

+1

Native or if not feasible a Chrome Plugin (maybe for PiP view?)
Paul_WCP  
#31 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 7:18:02 PM(UTC)
Paul_WCP

Germany

To add to this - screen sharing of a Powerpoint with animations and videos will always be lossy.

So another idea would be to allow a vmixcaller to control a specific input. So I have a powerpoint input and I can assign control of that input to a specific (or multiple) caller(s). That would be really neat and is probably easier implemented than screen sharing.
pba  
#32 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 8:20:50 AM(UTC)
pba

Still missing the screen sharing function... its a really big pain, especially in this covid situation. So this is "the time" for this feature...
DoyleTX  
#33 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 11:33:51 AM(UTC)
DoyleTX

+1 on this. Currently looking at other solutions because of it. I'm also a little disappointed in the delay among guests. Not sure if there's anything I can do to make that better (I have 40Mbps up/1Gbit down). But I was watching this broadcast the other day and thought their call-ins and the ability to have the guest control and show their presentations was great.

-BD
pba  
#34 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 10:21:13 PM(UTC)
pba

I think this broadcast made by StreamYard. Sadly in StreamYard system the remote online connections works much better than with VMIX call. The video and audio quality and stability also much better. And hey, Its really cheap. Okay, different platform, different story. But again: we are talking about the remote video connection, and from this viewpoint vmix call is not shining at all.

The new enhanced replay system sounds good, but with actual COVID situation, its not really usefull for _us_. We won't upgrade because of the new replay functions. With ACTUAL SITUATION an enhanced and improved VMIX CALL is the reason for the upgrade.

And not in VMIX 25 or 26. THIS IS THE TIME.
thanks 1 user thanked pba for this useful post.
pingu2k on 5/17/2020(UTC)
doggy  
#35 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 10:44:44 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
with actual COVID situation, its not really usefull for _us_. We won't upgrade because of the new replay functions. With ACTUAL SITUATION an enhanced and improved VMIX CALL is the reason for the upgrade.

Please STOP using the COVID excuse to complain about features you like and don't like and what you personally want

Please STOP using the COVID excuse to tel the vMix team what to do

thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
elvis55 on 5/1/2020(UTC), stigaard on 5/2/2020(UTC)
pba  
#36 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 3:34:08 AM(UTC)
pba

Hm, interesting viewpoint - if you live in this planet, you can't ignore the actual situation. I'm just describing the actual problems, and missing things. I hope, it's not a sin. Its just the real situation.

The most of the production things (in our side) are virtual/online events right now, and all presenter, moderator, etc connecting via remote connection for the show. The desktop sharing is a missing piece for this. And if you compare VMIX CALL to the other webRTC based solutions (Jitsi, etc.) VMIX CALL is not shining.

I think Martin and the team can decide, what is the way to go. If you check this topic, you will see I'm not the only one with this problem.

VMIX Team will decide about the developments, and the user will decide to buy verison upgrade or not, or buy another solution, etc, its a simple thing.
DoyleTX  
#37 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 5:39:28 AM(UTC)
DoyleTX

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
with actual COVID situation, its not really usefull for _us_. We won't upgrade because of the new replay functions. With ACTUAL SITUATION an enhanced and improved VMIX CALL is the reason for the upgrade.

Please STOP using the COVID excuse to complain about features you like and don't like and what you personally want

Please STOP using the COVID excuse to tel the vMix team what to do

Yeah, stop suggesting timely and useful features that would make your jobs easier! I'LL USE ALL CAPS AND BOLD FONTS NOW TO EMPHASIZE MY POINT.

Back on planet earth, we have a situation that could be made better with some (relatively simple) upgrades. No one is telling anyone what to do. If I'm out there looking at Livestream Studio 6 and StreamYard as possible ways to move beyond vMix, then it's probably in vMix's interest to hear my point of view.

Anyway, in the meantime I'm considering a multifaceted approach to having people share their screens on professional live streams, while still being able to use the vMix platform. Like perhaps having all the guests log into a zoom and share their screens that way, then I just capture the zoom window over desktop capture. Has anyone successfully done something like that?
thanks 1 user thanked DoyleTX for this useful post.
pba on 5/2/2020(UTC)
ClaudiuCiprian  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:07:36 AM(UTC)
ClaudiuCiprian

Hi Guys,

We used to do tens of sports live streams per month but now we have to look to different markets and the live streaming of video conferences is one of them. For these kind of events we are also missing the vMix video call "share screen" functionality; we are currently running the presentations from vMix during the live events but a lot of clients want to have the control of presentations and this is almost impossible when using vMix. We tried to make a mix between vMix and Zoom but it is both more complicate and it does not allow us to show 3 or 4 people in parallel.

So yes, the vMix video call share screen would be a very good addition for us as well.

Cheers,
Claudiu

thanks 1 user thanked ClaudiuCiprian for this useful post.
pba on 5/5/2020(UTC)
KnKproductions  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 11:48:05 AM(UTC)
KnKproductions

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You can share a screen... use OBS w/NDI kit as a desktop capture and then set the web browser source as the NDI feed. vMix call will then send the desktop and whatever else the client puts in OBS including their low quality camera and mic. This will let clients with Macs work too, and it's the only reason I didn't say to use vMix HD on the caller's computer (doesn't operate on mac).
Yes you'll have to do a lot more prep and probably remote-in to their computer to set it up and train them on what to do.
I figure if it's really worth it, everyone here complaining and using caps to convey their version of reality would have found this "relatively simple" solution by now and implemented it.
It's unfortunate that the mob starts to actually demand features and expecting the dev team to have it ready at the snap of their fingers.
Looking at vMix Call, it was added as a solution to do one thing: add video calls to the mix. If you want desktop sharing, go the extra mile for now and set up your callers with a trial version of vMix on pc or OBS w/NDI tools if on a mac.
vMix dev team doesn't owe you anything, please stop with the silly internet forum demands. It's ugly.
thanks 3 users thanked KnKproductions for this useful post.
elvis55 on 5/5/2020(UTC), xaver on 5/5/2020(UTC), doggy on 5/5/2020(UTC)
xaver  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:44:19 PM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KnKproductions Go to Quoted Post

vMix dev team doesn't owe you anything, please stop with the silly internet forum demands. It's ugly.

+1

thanks 3 users thanked xaver for this useful post.
doggy on 5/5/2020(UTC), elvis55 on 5/5/2020(UTC), pm on 5/5/2020(UTC)