logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChrisHogg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 11:55:57 AM(UTC)
ChrisHogg

Groups: Registered
United States

Okay so, I've made my title in GT Designer, but I can't figure out how to get the template back over into VMix... In the tutorial it looks like it was there automatically, but mine is not. I've tried saving it but it saves as a gtzip file, which apparently vmix doesn't open, and I can't figure out any way to export as a WMF.... What am I missing? Apparently this should be simple but I've been trying for quite a while. Supposed it was time to ask for help.

Thanks so much,
Chris
ChrisHogg  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:56:07 PM(UTC)
ChrisHogg

United States

If anyone has any insight, I was hoping to get this figured out to implement the scripture overlay for our Easter service tomorrow 😅
raugert  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:56:43 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
You should be able to create a "Title" input in vMIx and load your .gtzip file from wherever you saved it when you created it in GT Tile Designer. There's no reason to convert to WMF ?
ChrisHogg  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:46:35 PM(UTC)
ChrisHogg

United States

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
You should be able to create a "Title" input in vMIx and load your .gtzip file from wherever you saved it when you created it in GT Tile Designer. There's no reason to convert to WMF ?

Can you tell where I'm going wrong? I'm just trying to add the .gtzip, but I get an error every time: https://www.loom.com/sha...e30b4e2380910fe2d0221e60
raugert  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 3:31:07 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
It seems like your .gtzip file may be corrupt for some reason. But before redoing your .gtzip file, you should delete that particular "Title" input in vMix and create new one. Then load your .gtzip file into the new input. I have had instances in the past where just creating a new input fixed the problem..

Just taking a shot in the dark here.. or

If you are still having problems with the GT Designer, you might just use the Legacy .xaml title designer. Seeing as you don't have any animations, the GT features aren't quite as important. It would probably get you by for tomorrow and at least get your scriptures running..
admin  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 7:07:19 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
GT requires the 64bit version of Windows installed. It looks like you have Windows 8 32bit which is why it is not working unfortunately...
ChrisHogg  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 1:08:30 PM(UTC)
ChrisHogg

United States

Thanks everyone!

The problem ended up being that I was using the 32 bit version of vMix, rather than the 64 bit. My windows 8 was actually 64bit, but I went ahead and upgraded it to windows 10 for free too (based on this article). Didn't get it all figured out in time for Sunday morning, but I'm looking forward to using what I've learned for tomorrow's drive-in service recording/stream.

Thanks again,
Chris