logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kenk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:30:43 AM(UTC)
kenk

Groups: Registered
United States

I know that this topic has been discussed before, but I am hoping to find a solid solution for feeding ProPresenter lyrics to a lower third title overlay in vMix. I currently do have a way to do this using the ProPresenter2vMix program provided by thecloudmediagroup (forum user) and described in this thread ProPresenter2vMix [Alpha]. This would be a good solution except as far as I can tell, there is no way to save the settings. For us, it won't be acceptable to expect the operator to type in the ProPresenter computer IP address, password, and port each time the vMix computer is rebooted.

My question is, are there any other solutions for feeding the lyrics directly from ProPresentor to vMix titles? I am fine with an app that querries the ProPresenter network stage display API (which is how ProPresenter2vMix works). But is there a way to do this directly without the bridge app? Or is there another bridge app that will persist the configuration?
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 2:12:49 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 147 post(s)
I know nothing about pro presenter but sending it's output to NDI with alpha should solve your issues.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
kenk on 1/29/2020(UTC)
ktakyi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:19:51 AM(UTC)
ktakyi

I am still using ProPresenter2vMix [Alpha] for My Propresenter 6 which is a wonderful application.
I have upgraded Pro6 to Pro7 Since then I have been getting the following error.

Wrote file ProPresenter.xml
ERROR: Exception calling "WriteLine" with "1" argument(s): "Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."
ERROR: Exception calling "ReadLine" with "0" argument(s): "Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."
ERROR: Exception calling "ReadLine" with "0" argument(s): "Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."
ERROR: Exception calling "Peek" with "0" argument(s): "Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Can anybody help.

Thanks

Kwame

kenk  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:08:59 AM(UTC)
kenk

United States

Originally Posted by: ktakyi Go to Quoted Post
I am still using ProPresenter2vMix [Alpha] for My Propresenter 6 which is a wonderful application.
I have upgraded Pro6 to Pro7 Since then I have been getting the following error.

Wrote file ProPresenter.xml
ERROR: Exception calling "WriteLine" with "1" argument(s): "Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."
ERROR: Exception calling "Peek" with "0" argument(s): "Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Can anybody help.

Thanks

Kwame

Did you check your Propresenter Preference -> Network settings. When I installed ProPresenter 7 on my test machine, I noticed that the migration did not set the Preference -> Network to where they were in 6. Also, the Enable Stage Display App setting no longer has a port field. Clearly the other network settings need to be set back to where they were. For the missing port field, my guess is that they now use a fixed port value.
kenk  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:19:16 AM(UTC)
kenk

United States

To follow up on my last post, ProPresenter 7 appears to use the same port for all. So whatever port you have in the port field next to the Network Name is what you should use in ProPresenter2vMix. I think the default value is 51650.
kenk  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:21:24 PM(UTC)
kenk

United States

I think I have found a solution for the ProPresenter lyrics. There is a very nice opensource bridge program called ProPresenterVmixBridge . This was mentioned in the old thread that I referenced above. However, there are no instructions on how to use the program. At first, I could not get it to work. But once I looked at some other solutions, I was able to find the right configuration. I am going to add some instructions here, in case anyone else would like to use this solution.

1. In ProPresenter, go to Preferences -> Network. Check the Enable Network box and give it a meaningful name.

2. Check the Enable Stage Display box and enter a password.

3. On the vMix computer, go to the GitHub page. Select Releases and download the newest version of ProPresenterVmixBridgeSetup.msi.

4. Install Apple Bonjour on the vMix computer (the bridge program will crash without this!)

5. Install the ProPresenterVmixBridgeSetup program.

6. Run the ProPresenterVmixBridge configuration app as an administrator.

7. In the ProPresenter section, the ProPresenter should already be listed (found by Boujour).

8. Enter the stage display password.

9. In the vMix section, the IP should be 127.0.0.1 and the port should be 8088. These are the default values.

10. For the input number, this is the vMix input number. For example, if your lower third title will be input five, enter 5 here.

11. Click apply and close the configuration app.

12. In vMix add a title input for your lower third and configure it the way you want. Note, you do not need to add a data source to this title.

13. Make sure the title input number matches the one you set up in ProPresenterVmixBridge config.

14. Click a slide in ProPresenter. The lower third in vMix should now contain the slide text.

Note that ProPresenterVmixBridge runs as a service, so the config app does not need to remain running.

Note: Edited to add Bonjour install step
ktakyi  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 7:53:44 AM(UTC)
ktakyi

Originally Posted by: kenk Go to Quoted Post
To follow up on my last post, ProPresenter 7 appears to use the same port for all. So whatever port you have in the port field next to the Network Name is what you should use in ProPresenter2vMix. I think the default value is 51650.

Thanks for your quick responds.

I have already set the correct port but it is still not working, it works fine with pro6 but not with pro 7, I believe they have changed how the API works in Pro7. Has anybody check with Pro7

Kwame

kenk  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:02:27 PM(UTC)
kenk

United States

Kwame, I tested ProPresenter2vMix with ProPresenter 7 and had the same problem that you did. I also tested with ProPresenterVmixBridge and it didn't work either. It appears that the network API is broken in pro 7.

Edit: After further research I have found that the stage display API was changed in pro 7. This means that any programs that use it will need to be updated.
ktakyi  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 5:24:50 AM(UTC)
ktakyi

Thanks Kenk,
Do you know the changes to the network API?
I will the applications can be tuned to work the Propresenter 7

Kwame
kenk  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 5:42:17 AM(UTC)
kenk

United States

Kwame, someone has been kind enough to document the Pro 7 API on GitHub. I have forked the ProPresenterVmixBridge GitHub project and was hoping to be able to update this app if the original author does not. But that will take some time and the Java language is not really my strength. At this point, I am just trying to sort out the dependencies and build the original app.

I believe that ProPresenter2vMix is a closed source app. So only the original author can update that.

We have decided to stick with Pro 6 since there really aren't any new features that we need.
RevKev  
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:57:05 AM(UTC)
RevKev

United States

I think I have found a solution for the ProPresenter lyrics. There is a very nice opensource bridge program called ProPresenterVmixBridge . This was mentioned in the old thread that I referenced above. However, there are no instructions on how to use the program. At first, I could not get it to work. But once I looked at some other solutions, I was able to find the right configuration. I am going to add some instructions here, in case anyone else would like to use this solution.

1. In ProPresenter, go to Preferences -> Network. Check the Enable Network box and give it a meaningful name.

3. On the vMix computer, go to the GitHub page. Select Releases and download the newest version of ProPresenterVmixBridgeSetup.msi.

4. Install Apple Bonjour on the vMix computer (the bridge program will crash without this!)

7. In the ProPresenter section, the ProPresenter should already be listed (found by Boujour).

9. In the vMix section, the IP should be 127.0.0.1 and the port should be 8088. These are the default values.

10. For the input number, this is the vMix input number. For example, if your lower third title will be input five, enter 5 here.

12. In vMix add a title input for your lower third and configure it the way you want. Note, you do not need to add a data source to this title.

13. Make sure the title input number matches the one you set up in ProPresenterVmixBridge config.

14. Click a slide in ProPresenter. The lower third in vMix should now contain the slide text.

Note that ProPresenterVmixBridge runs as a service, so the config app does not need to remain running.

I'm attempting this with ProP6(Mac) on a windows7 PC(vmix) and everything installed, but I'm getting a message that Bridge Config has stopped working and closes the program. Any thots here? It's a church stream I'm working on to improve services.

RevKev  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 4:33:14 AM(UTC)
RevKev

United States

OK, BridgeConfig sees propresenter, however I’m getting no text in my vixen title input. Numbers match, no text....thots? Kevin.
kenk  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:10:18 PM(UTC)
kenk

United States

RevKev, here are some ideas:

Are you using ProPresenter 5 or 6? Keep in mind that ProPresenterVmixBridge doesn't work with ProPresenter 7 at this time.

Make sure that in step 10 you entered the correct number. We just keep our title input in the first slot in vMix. Then enter 1 in the ProPresenterVmixBridge config.

You can check to make sure that the ProPresenterVmixBridge is running. I think it probably is if you are getting the config screen. But open task manager and look for the TiagoViegas service.

Double-check the Prepresenter Network settings. Make sure that your passwords match and that bother requires boxes are checked.

Make sure that your Propresenter slides actually have text. Slides made as an image (with the text as part of the image) won't work.
RevKev  
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:47:11 PM(UTC)
RevKev

United States

RevKev, here are some ideas:

Are you using ProPresenter 5 or 6? Keep in mind that ProPresenterVmixBridge doesn't work with ProPresenter 7 at this time.

Make sure that in step 10 you entered the correct number. We just keep our title input in the first slot in vMix. Then enter 1 in the ProPresenterVmixBridge config.

You can check to make sure that the ProPresenterVmixBridge is running. I think it probably is if you are getting the config screen. But open task manager and look for the TiagoViegas service.

Double-check the Prepresenter Network settings. Make sure that your passwords match and that bother requires boxes are checked.

Make sure that your Propresenter slides actually have text. Slides made as an image (with the text as part of the image) won't work.

Thank you....all of those things were done. It did eventually work, maybe after I refreshed the
PP6 lyric. But right now it’s working. Important thing is I needed a second Mac because I’m using Stage display in my main room already...
copprtop97  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 1:26:47 PM(UTC)
copprtop97

United States

I'm a little late to this discussion, but if anyone can offer help, it would be greatly appreciated! I've got vMix Bridge installed on my PC and it's working very well with Propresenter 6 from my macbook. I've got 2 questions though:

#1 - Is there any way to send the CCLI info over as well? I can't figure out how to add it to Stage Display, so it may not be possible. I guess that's more of a Pro6 question than vMix, and I've also asked that on a Facebook group.

#2 - When clicking through a song in Pro6 with the mouse and moving to another song, everything works perfectly. If using the spacebar to advance through slides, that works fine within the song, but if I click the spacebar after the last slide in a song to advance to the next song, then click it again to fire the first slide of that next song, I'm not getting any lyrics in vMix and I have to restart the Pro to vMix Bridge service. Is there a fix for that, or do I just need to instruct my volunteers to NOT use the spacebar between songs?

Thanks for any help!