logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cho123  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 6:18:12 AM(UTC)
cho123

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

I use NDI Studio monitor in a live production where it casts vMix outputs. Recently it had been difficult for me to remotely switch sources (there are 4 display and only me running, you can imagine). I found this thread (https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/160975-NDI-Tools-4-Studio-Monitor-Switch-Source-via-HTTP-Request?highlight=studio+monitor) where he uses tricaster macro to remotely switch studio monitor with a single shortcut. Does anyone think we can do this using vMix too? or am I just to hopeful?
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 6:56:22 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Another possible solution for changing the displays on the NDI Studio Monitor(s) might be to use an NDI Router/Matrix Switcher
thanks 2 users thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
cho123 on 3/3/2020(UTC), mjgraves on 11/16/2022(UTC)
cho123  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:01:12 AM(UTC)
cho123

United States

Originally Posted by: zenvideo Go to Quoted Post
Another possible solution for changing the displays on the NDI Studio Monitor(s) might be to use an NDI Router/Matrix Switcher

I looked into this option, but couldn't get it working.
mavik  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 3:16:52 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Please look into the Studio Monitor settings - Application - and enable webcontrol. Then you can call that url from any connected device and change settings.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
cho123 on 3/3/2020(UTC)
cho123  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 3:57:05 AM(UTC)
cho123

United States

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Please look into the Studio Monitor settings - Application - and enable webcontrol. Then you can call that url from any connected device and change settings.

Thank you for your insight. Currently I am doing this, but opening up a webpage takes quite a bit of my monitor realestate. I as a single operator, I would love to have all options ready for me on vMix.
zenvideo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4:52:04 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cho123 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: zenvideo Go to Quoted Post

I looked into this option, but couldn't get it working.

What was the problem? It works fine when I try it.
raugert  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:34:31 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Are all your NDI sources only coming from vMix ? If so, you can just change the NDI output source directly from vMix (cog wheel on the External button) and not have to use the web interface. You could also use a 3rd party app like Panel Builder to create a small switcher panel to switch the NDI Outputs. Not sure if that’s what your looking for ? ... or do you need to control from the devices running the NDI Monitor app ?
mjgraves  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 3:49:55 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I feed the NDI studio monitor app one of the AUX outputs from vMix.

Then I have some buttons on a StreamDeck setup to control those outputs. That way I can give a non-techie helper the ability to changes what's on the Studio Monitor app.
MattyG  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:53:55 AM(UTC)
MattyG

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you haven't figured this out here is what I was able to get working:

I was able to control the settings of NDI Studio Monitor by sending POST/json commands. The computer that will be firing the commands will need CURL installed. Windows 1803 and later has it installed by default.

I make a .bat file with the CURL command which can then be added to a button on the StreamDeck. Here is a command that does the following:

• Sends command to 192.168.20.206
  • Switches input to computer/input: KI10 (Test Pattern)
  • Sets display to full screen on a single monitor system
  • Sets to always on top

Code:
curl "http://192.168.20.206/v1/configuration" -X POST -d "{\"version\":1,\"NDI_source\":\"KI10 (Test Pattern)\",\"window\":{\"display_device\":\"Full Screen\",\"always_on_top\":true}}" -H "Content-Type: application/json"

The easiest way to get the specific setting you need is to setup Studio Monitor the way you want it then from a browser send: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/v1/configuration This will return all the current settings. You must have the version:1 and you must reformat to match what CURL needs, but you can use this to see how settings are referenced. I use Advanced REST Client app to help format the commands. Here is also some into for using CURL. It references a format changed that needs to happen from Advanced REST Client to CURL on Windows.

I hope this helps!
thanks 1 user thanked MattyG for this useful post.
danielesub on 11/12/2022(UTC)
danielesub  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2022 10:58:39 PM(UTC)
danielesub

Italy

good morning, thanks for the guide. I wanted to ask you what command should I use instead to send a full screen to the second monitor? thank you

Originally Posted by: MattyG Go to Quoted Post
If you haven't figured this out here is what I was able to get working:

I was able to control the settings of NDI Studio Monitor by sending POST/json commands. The computer that will be firing the commands will need CURL installed. Windows 1803 and later has it installed by default.

I make a .bat file with the CURL command which can then be added to a button on the StreamDeck. Here is a command that does the following:

• Sends command to 192.168.20.206
  • Switches input to computer/input: KI10 (Test Pattern)
  • Sets display to full screen on a single monitor system
  • Sets to always on top

Code:
curl "http://192.168.20.206/v1/configuration" -X POST -d "{\"version\":1,\"NDI_source\":\"KI10 (Test Pattern)\",\"window\":{\"display_device\":\"Full Screen\",\"always_on_top\":true}}" -H "Content-Type: application/json"

The easiest way to get the specific setting you need is to setup Studio Monitor the way you want it then from a browser send: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/v1/configuration This will return all the current settings. You must have the version:1 and you must reformat to match what CURL needs, but you can use this to see how settings are referenced. I use Advanced REST Client app to help format the commands. Here is also some into for using CURL. It references a format changed that needs to happen from Advanced REST Client to CURL on Windows.

I hope this helps!