logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:18:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Looking good so far

Quote:
The biggest issue I see here is that it takes a while binding each textbox to the data manager (even if I used your solution : 1 line = 1 city) I still have to click Data Source and select the sheet.
Is there a way to do that in the XAML code ? So that I only have to import my text and everything is already set ?

If your Textbox names and Gsheet names are the same you only have to select the datasource and textblock once if you check the "Apply to all fields in this title "

You can save the settings as a preset (and your production setup ) and load the again at startup

Quote:
You understand that I'm getting the values from texts stored in TextBoxes (I use them as variables, opacity 0%) to get my margin right.
The margin is created in GSheet using basic functions.

Thats the way to do it

Quote:
I understand all that is really DIY, I'd love to do all of that in code behind, but I haven't been able to run 1 simple line (like setting my margin values) and my time is limited.

Than forget that for now focus on the current
If you create titles with code behind ( they will be saved as .dll) the problem is during the design , you can only test them in vMix not in Blend and will have to close vMix before continuing editing and debugging the title .

btw ;-) https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=3169
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
davidcallahan on 1/30/2020(UTC)
davidcallahan  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 2:58:42 AM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

If your Textbox names and Gsheet names are the same you only have to select the datasource and textblock once if you check the "Apply to all fields in this title "

Thanks a lot for that! I didn't see that option..

You can save the settings as a preset (and your production setup ) and load the again at startup

Yes once everything is ready I'll do that

If you create titles with code behind ( they will be saved as .dll) the problem is during the design , you can only test them in vMix not in Blend and will have to close vMix before continuing editing and debugging the title .

Yes I saw that about the .dll, the issue is still that I don't know the name of what I'm looking for (and I'm not aware enough of C# language) but I feel like it would be so much easier (and proper) to deal with those data behind. Despite what you say about Blend not being able to do so. Any link to a tutorial on how to do an hello world dll for vmix?

That's amazing! Exactly what I'm looking for!
How did you manage to get the code running?

Thanks again!
doggy  
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 3:03:22 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
How did you manage to get the code running?

for a vMix title one is creating a usercontrol (as such starting your project) , not a windows form , so you need to build it and then load the resulting .dll into vMix

also INotifyPropertyChanged is a thing to google for for binding processed data
davidcallahan on 1/30/2020(UTC)
jasalmer  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 2:37:03 AM(UTC)
jasalmer

Quote:

Code:
<UserControl Width="1920" Height="1080" Panel.ZIndex="500" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:mtl="clr-namespace:vMixTitleLibrary;assembly=vMixTitleLibrary">
  <Grid InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True">
    <Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" Stroke="#FF000000" Width="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes1}" Height="50" Margin="320,350,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="500" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFA0E242" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Votes1" Width="86.333" Height="55.621" Margin="1195,344.379,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" Stroke="#FF000000" Width="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes2}" Height="50" Margin="320,430,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="300" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFA0E242" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Votes2" Width="86.333" Height="55.621" Margin="1195,424.379,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" Stroke="#FF000000" Width="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes3}" Height="50" Margin="320,510,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="250" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFA0E242" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Votes3" Width="86.333" Height="55.621" Margin="1195,504.379,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="Candidate1" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFF9EE03" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Candidate1" Width="275" Height="50" Margin="40,350,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="Candidate3" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFF9EE03" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Candidate2" Width="275" Height="50" Margin="40,430,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="Candidate3" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFF9EE03" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Candidate3" Width="275" Height="50" Margin="40,510,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <Image Stretch="Fill" Width="1920" Height="1080" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Panel.ZIndex="0" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <mtl:TextBlockDesign FontWeight="Bold" Fill="#FFFFFF00" FontSize="72" TextAlignment="Center" Text="City" Name="City" Width="480.595399188092" Height="82.7933349609375" Margin="690.703653585927,150.297699594046,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />

</Grid>
</UserControl>

How can I get this code to have the bar go all the way across when it receives a max value of 20??? Right now it takes about 850 to get it all the way across, what am I not doing right?

davidcallahan  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 5:09:13 AM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For the first question you need to do it in the code behind section, I can't help with this I didn't manage to get it to work.
For the seconde one it makes sense because the value is in pixels not in %. You just need to know how many pixels wide is your comp, so that you can deduce how much 20% is
thanks 1 user thanked davidcallahan for this useful post.
jasalmer on 11/11/2020(UTC)
doggy  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 8:44:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: davidcallahan Go to Quoted Post
For the first question you need to do it in the code behind section,

This

Quote:

For the seconde one it makes sense because the value is in pixels not in %. You just need to know how many pixels wide is your comp, so that you can deduce how much 20% is

This, -> see first
jasalmer  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 1:53:33 PM(UTC)
jasalmer

This

Quote:

This, -> see first

1) I am confused as to what "This" means.
2) What do you mean the code behind section?
doggy  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 5:22:41 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: jasalmer Go to Quoted Post

This

Quote:

This, -> see first

1) I am confused as to what "This" means.
2) What do you mean the code behind section?

"This" means : confirming what davidcallahan wrote

code-behind : https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/code-behind

Quote:
"way across when it receives a max value of 20??? Right now it takes about 850 to get it all the way across"

Some code would have to be written that would transform your value in relation to the space you want it to occupy in your graphics depiction, your 20 (100%) transformed to the graphics 100% (850) and so on. XAML can not calculate values but the code behind can (taking info from the XAML and convert it to adapt graphical representation)
jasalmer on 11/11/2020(UTC)