logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VideoProduttore  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 12:01:33 AM(UTC)
VideoProduttore

Groups: Registered
Italy

Ciao a Tutti,
vorrei usare Vmix per un programma televisivo tipo talent show. Ci sono 3 Giudici che esprimono giudizi numerici. Qualcuno di voi sa se è possibile, usando i dati in TXT, CSV o altro formato dinamico, far creare a VMIX dei grafici a Barre?? Grazie.

--

Hi everyone,
I would like to use Vmix for a talent show TV program. There are 3 Judges who express numerical judgments. Some of you know it is possible, using the data in TXT, CSV or other dynamic format, to create a VMIX of the Bar chart?? Thank you.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:47:20 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
you could create a xaml title with some codebehind to achieve this

google "bar chart wpf"
doggy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:28:55 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

here is a very basic one without codebehind
just enter values in the text fields (or link to Datasource)

Quote:
<UserControl x:Class="BAR"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
mc:Ignorable="d" Width="1920" Height="1080" xmlns:my="clr-namespace:vMixTitleLibrary;assembly=vMixTitleLibrary">
<Grid>

<Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="192.311" Margin="182.621,0,0,182.864" Stroke="Black" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Height="{Binding Text, ElementName=bar1}"/>
<TextBlock x:Name="bar1" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="55.621" Margin="240.598,841.515,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="150" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="86.333" Foreground="#FFA0E242" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36"/>

<Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="192.311" Margin="485.621,0,0,182.864" Stroke="Black" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Height="{Binding Text, ElementName=bar2}"/>
<TextBlock x:Name="bar2" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="55.621" Margin="555.598,841.515,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="450" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="86.333" Foreground="#FFA0E242" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36"/>

<Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Width="192.311" Margin="806.621,0,0,182.864" Stroke="Black" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Height="{Binding Text, ElementName=bar3}"/>
<TextBlock x:Name="bar3" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="55.621" Margin="870.598,841.515,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="220" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="86.333" Foreground="#FFA0E242" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36"/>

</Grid>
</UserControl>

vMix Capture 26 January 2019.jpg (15kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
thanks 3 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
VideoProduttore on 1/30/2019(UTC), jelutalica on 7/3/2019(UTC), davidcallahan on 1/27/2020(UTC)
VideoProduttore  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:17:43 AM(UTC)
VideoProduttore

Italy

Thank You, great solution.
davidcallahan  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 6:32:35 PM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
here is a very basic one without codebehind
just enter values in the text fields (or link to Datasource)

vMix Capture 26 January 2019.jpg (15kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

Hi Doggy,
Thanks for that !
You said that there is no code behind, does it means we can add code that is called outside from the XAML file ? For data calls/triggers for example ?
Thanks a lot
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 7:27:06 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
You said that there is no code behind, does it means we can add code that is called outside from the XAML file ? For data calls/triggers for example ?

can you be more specific ?
is data calls what you mean like when a datasource updates the result is shown i the title ?
Trigger what based on what ?
davidcallahan  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 10:12:02 PM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Thanks a lot for your consideration !

Here's what I'd like to do :

I'll have to show up to 10 people's name on screen from top to bottom, with a bar graph on the right of it representing the votes they got from public, and on the right the vote written. like this :

City A

Name 1 / Bar 1 (size changing depending on votes' result) / Votes 1 (x position changing according to bar size)
Name 2 / Bar 2 / Votes 2
Name 3 / Bar 3 / Votes 3
Name 4 / Bar 4 / Votes 4
Name 5 / Bar 5 / Votes 5
etc.

Names, votes and order (from biggest to smallest votes) are updated from a GSheet. I already got the Data from built-in VMIX data manager, but I wondered if I could get it from the XAML file, so that I don't have to spend time setting up every titles to each corresponding cells in the title editor.
Considering that, I'd like to trigger a chart update with a midi device, because I'll have up to 30 cities, with 2 to 8 persons to get votes from. So for now the GSheet works fine choosing which city to show, I can get it (with some quota issues, so my update rate is 10 seconds). And i'd like to prepare my selection on GSheet, and then only update my data on the Vmix title when a button is pressed.
Would that be possible with XAML ? (And what would be your XAML soft recommended btw ?)

Thanks a lot :)
doggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 10:48:10 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
I wondered if I could get it from the XAML file, so that I don't have to spend time setting up every titles to each corresponding cells in the title editor.

if the XAML textbox names and datacolumn names are the same you can let them link automatically

to be able to show this in a form like you present you will have to convert rows to columns in your data source ( in the xaml example this would mean the numbers in the datasource would not be in different rows but all in one row next to eachother )

Quote:
Considering that, I'd like to trigger a chart update with a midi device, because I'll have up to 30 cities, with 2 to 8 persons to get votes from. So for now the GSheet works fine choosing which city to show, I can get it (with some quota issues, so my update rate is 10 seconds). And i'd like to prepare my selection on GSheet, and then only update my data on the Vmix title when a button is pressed.

Sounds confusing . Why need to choose a city , i would think the goal would be to show all of them in your title and also update all of them (like a sports ranking) , even reordered if the data source is updated/reordered. Mind you a title will only be updated if the source of your datasource is saved after an update.

There is no way currently to trigger a datasource update in vMix except for the time specified in the data source editor. From the description i fail to see why the need for a trigger as the source update itself could be the trigger ( i dont work with Gsheets so i dont know if they send update as you are entering data or also after when you save your changes )

if you really want it the way you described you could code it in the XAML title with some codebehind (Blend for visual studio) but you need to learn to code it then but personally i dont see a need for it , just another strategy
davidcallahan  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 11:34:22 PM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

if the XAML textbox names and datacolumn names are the same you can let them link automatically

Great solution I'll test that !

to be able to show this in a form like you present you will have to convert rows to columns in your data source ( in the xaml example this would mean the numbers in the datasource would not be in different rows but all in one row next to eachother )

I'm not sure to get how to do that, but yes I read somewhere else that it's all on one row !

Sounds confusing . Why need to choose a city ,

-> I automated a sheet that when you choose the city you want to see the results from, you get them ordered by the biggest votes. I don't need to show them at the same time.

i would think the goal would be to show all of them in your title and also update all of them (like a sports ranking) , even reordered if the data source is updated/reordered. Mind you a title will only be updated if the source of your datasource is saved after an update.

You mean that I should create 1 title per city ? It would mean 30 inputs in the VMIX, updating each 10 seconds ?

From the description i fail to see why the need for a trigger as the source update itself could be the trigger

The main issue i that my (30*up-to-8 candidates) votes are updated on real time by many people on GSheet. That's why decided using GSheet and not excel/CSV/XML.

Thanks again Doggy ! :)

doggy  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 11:45:47 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
I automated a sheet that when you choose the city you want to see the results from, you get them ordered by the biggest votes. I don't need to show them at the same time.

Guess i am misunderstanding how you want it displayed and ow the voting structure is

The point is to find a way to show all you want with just 1 title but changing the content

voting.png (6kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
davidcallahan on 1/28/2020(UTC)
davidcallahan  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:04:18 AM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Thanks a lot for your time !

It's almost that :

UserPostedImage

I've added one info that will change according to the city
doggy  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:32:53 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I see

so your sheet is city, candidate1, votes1, candidate2, votes2, and so on per row (note the numbers of the headers)
select a row to display the cities result = 1 title. update by selecting other row in data source

as there is no stopping the data Source update (yet) as someone suggested once in the forum is take a screenshot of it and display that and you can change the city to check as you please , switch to live title for an updated version , that process can be made easier with a script (your button ;-) ) , overal much easier than designing a fully coded xaml title

but as basic xaml does not allow having formulas you might put the percentage indicator before or on the bars ;-) ( unless you go full coding)
davidcallahan  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:55:22 AM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

select a row to display the cities result = 1 title. update by selecting other row in data source

-> So I can "call" the data table updated in VMIX with XAML ? How to do that ? I'm not sur to understand because I actually get a proper table working. Would it mean that calling the table returns a 1-row table ?

that process can be made easier with a script (your button ;-) ) , overal much easier than designing a fully coded xaml title

Yes I did code one in javascript to update it on GSheet, making a screenshot would be a downloadable file that would overwrite the last one.

doggy  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:22:32 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Check out videos about working with datasources.

By screenshot i mean an image of the title with the data displayed !
davidcallahan  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:43:04 AM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Thanks again Doggy,
but sorry, I might not use the right keywords but I can't find what I'm looking for on that subject.
I've been watching Datasources videos on VMIx's channel but didn't see anything about XAML, and on the USER GUIDe it's only 1 page long. -> https://www.vmix.com/hel...utFunctionReference.html

What I understand from my need is :

Get datas from GSheet -> Done, I have it on my Data Manager.
Create XAML Bar Graph on a variable base -> To Do, might use Blend and the vMixTitleLibrary.dll
Set those variables to the Datas previously stored -> my issue so far
Update datas -> Scripted on GSheet.

I'm I right ?
I'm really trying hard to get to that, but I can't find the proper documentation about how to do that, is there one ?
doggy  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 4:11:06 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
I've been watching Datasources videos on VMIx's channel but didn't see anything about XAML

it's the same as with GT titles , you link your datasource items to the textboxes in your title

Say you have
votes.JPG (34kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

link the data from the column header with the same name ( in this case) in the title (first row is column names setting )
click on another row in the datasource to see the data in the title change for another city
Change data in the original source and you will also see the data update in the datasource table ( which you can keep visible) , if there is a change in the city that is currently displayed in the title you will see it update there also

here is an example with the same naming in the textblocks

Code:
<UserControl Width="1920" Height="1080" Panel.ZIndex="500" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:mtl="clr-namespace:vMixTitleLibrary;assembly=vMixTitleLibrary">
  <Grid InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True">
    <Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" Stroke="#FF000000" Width="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes1}" Height="50" Margin="320,350,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="500" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFA0E242" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Votes1" Width="86.333" Height="55.621" Margin="1195,344.379,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" Stroke="#FF000000" Width="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes2}" Height="50" Margin="320,430,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="300" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFA0E242" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Votes2" Width="86.333" Height="55.621" Margin="1195,424.379,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <Rectangle Fill="#FF1414CF" Stroke="#FF000000" Width="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes3}" Height="50" Margin="320,510,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="250" FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFA0E242" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Votes3" Width="86.333" Height="55.621" Margin="1195,504.379,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" RenderTransformOrigin="-4.931,4.462" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="Candidate1" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFF9EE03" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Candidate1" Width="275" Height="50" Margin="40,350,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="Candidate3" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFF9EE03" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Candidate2" Width="275" Height="50" Margin="40,430,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <TextBlock Text="Candidate3" FontSize="36" Foreground="#FFF9EE03" TextWrapping="Wrap" Name="Candidate3" Width="275" Height="50" Margin="40,510,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <Image Stretch="Fill" Width="1920" Height="1080" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Panel.ZIndex="0" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />
    <mtl:TextBlockDesign FontWeight="Bold" Fill="#FFFFFF00" FontSize="72" TextAlignment="Center" Text="City" Name="City" Width="480.595399188092" Height="82.7933349609375" Margin="690.703653585927,150.297699594046,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" InputMethod.IsInputMethodEnabled="True" />

</Grid>
</UserControl>

save this as a .xaml file and load into vMix and link to data source

you can do small edits with the 'legacy Title designer'

note that the textblock names are the same as used in the sheet headers ( not needed but makes linking easier (auto) )

mind you the color bars are rectangles which you can not design there but you can copy them with a regular text editor and move their position or rename them with the designer

The key to the bar changing according the value of the votes is '{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes1}' which you will have to edit in manually if you add lines

start with that

davidcallahan  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:43:32 PM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

it's the same as with GT titles , you link your datasource items to the textboxes in your title

I thought it would have been something different, like an XML table embedded in my XAML file that I could get datas from.
So ok for that !

Say you have
votes.JPG (34kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

That's a great idea, I didn't think of it like that. I planned to have it like this :
UserPostedImage
Where I can choose the city displayed from another sheet.
With your idea I'd need to re-order everything when updated, which might be a bit complex.

link the data from the column header with the same name ( in this case) in the title (first row is column names setting )
click on another row in the datasource to see the data in the title change for another city

Sounds like the easiest way to do it. I might try to do it from the VMIX web interface.

here is an example with the same naming in the textblocks

Thanks a lot for that !

mind you the color bars are rectangles which you can not design there but you can copy them with a regular text editor and move their position or rename them with the designer

I didn't understand your statement here : you mean I can't change the shape of it in the VMIX ?
Position of the bars will still be the same, but the votes will have to move on the right accordingly, which I can do by changing the margin value (which will have to be set in the data sheet I suppose, because XAMLdoesn't support variables and functions isn't it ? Like Margin="40,"+{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes2}+",0,0")
doggy  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:59:41 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
hat's a great idea, I didn't think of it like that. I planned to have it like this :

Good luck with that ! but its your choice

Quote:
Sounds like the easiest way to do it. I might try to do it from the VMIX web interface.

What are you talking about ? why would you need the web interface ? Please use titles and datasource properly

We work with lots of different big datasources regularly. Believe me KISS, during production you wont have time to mess around

Quote:
I didn't understand your statement here : you mean I can't change the shape of it in the VMIX ?
Position of the bars will still be the same, but the votes will have to move on the right accordingly, which I can do by changing the margin value (which will have to be set in the data sheet I suppose, because XAMLdoesn't support variables and functions isn't it ? Like Margin="40,"+{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=Votes2}+",0,0")

What i am saying it that the legacy title designer is limited in functions , for example you can not draw a rectangle with it , you can code manually or design it with Blend for visual studio , precisely in regards to the margin part , you can if you do code behind in the xaml title design but thats a different ballgame.
davidcallahan  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:29:16 PM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

What are you talking about ? why would you need the web interface ? Please use titles and datasource properly
We work with lots of different big datasources regularly. Believe me KISS, during production you wont have time to mess around

I want to have everything on my IPADs to be more efficient than with a mouse, cause I'll have to deal with that, but with many other titles to manage : names, city names, etc. and I'll send a lot of signals over the VMIX as well, to an ATEM based solution.
But I get that I'm not using it the right way. Once my setup is functional, if I can make it, I'll post everything and share that experience.

What i am saying it that the legacy title designer is limited in functions , for example you can not draw a rectangle with it , you can code manually or design it with Blend for visual studio , precisely in regards to the margin part , you can if you do code behind in the xaml title design but thats a different ballgame.

Yes that's precisely what I'm going to do, I'm starting using Blend to do that. I have some experience in software dev so I might be able to make it.

Thanks again for all your advices !!
davidcallahan  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:35:46 AM(UTC)
davidcallahan

France

Hi Doggy !
I've been working on Blend for Visual Studio, and so far I reached to get this so far:
UserPostedImage

Here is the code for 1 line :
Code:

<TextBlock x:Name="Votes6" HorizontalAlignment="Left" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" Margin="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=ValMargin6}" FontSize="48" Width="592" Height="99"><Run Text="600"/><LineBreak/><Run/><LineBreak/><Run/></TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="ValMargin6" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="633,374,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" FontSize="72" Height="68" Width="382" Opacity="0"><Run Text="8"/><Run Text="0"/><Run Text="0"/><Run Text=","/><Run Text="2"/><Run Text="45"/><Run Text=",0,0"/></TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="ValBar6" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="875,374,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" FontSize="72" Height="68" Width="131" Opacity="0"><Run Text="600"/><LineBreak/><Run/></TextBlock>
        <TextBlock x:Name="Candidats6" HorizontalAlignment="Right" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" Margin="0,590,1325,0" FontSize="48"><Run Text="Candidat"/><Run Text="e "/><Run Text="2"/></TextBlock>
        <ProgressBar HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="55" Margin="620,598,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="{Binding Path=Text , ElementName=ValBar6}" Background="#FFEA4545"/>
        <TextBlock x:Name="ColBar6" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="875,374,0,0" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" FontSize="72" Height="68" Width="131" Opacity="0" Text="{Binding Path=Text, ElementName=ColBar6}"/>

You understand that I'm getting the values from texts stored in TextBoxes (I use them as variables, opacity 0%) to get my margin right.
The margin is created in GSheet using basic functions.
Color is set from GSheet as well.

I understand all that is really DIY, I'd love to do all of that in code behind, but I haven't been able to run 1 simple line (like setting my margin values) and my time is limited.

The biggest issue I see here is that it takes a while binding each textbox to the data manager (even if I used your solution : 1 line = 1 city) I still have to click Data Source and select the sheet.
Is there a way to do that in the XAML code ? So that I only have to import my text and everything is already set ?

Thanks !