logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
plizon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:32:57 AM(UTC)
plizon

Groups: Registered
France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hello,
i created an animated title using gt titler and created a shortcup to display this title as an overlay. Now i try to have this title transition out automatically after a delay, but i don’t know how to this ?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:12:08 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ plizon

You can set a "Duration" in milliseconds or Frames in the Overlay's Settings.
Overlay button (at lower right) ===> Overlay dropdown menu (select channel of choice) ===> Duration field
(default is 0 which is no limit or indefinite, but 8000 milliseconds will be 8 seconds, which is a common length for lower thirds)

Ice
doggy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:46:06 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
One can also use a trigger on the title itself. On OverlayIn do a OverlayOut with a delay if it has to be for a specific title
plizon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:28:40 AM(UTC)
plizon

France

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ice, Doggy,

thanks a lot for these tips. it was finally easy to perform ! As i’m a beginner in vmix, i still have a lot small details and settings to explore.
NiBTour  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:54:55 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
One can also use a trigger on the title itself. On OverlayIn do a OverlayOut with a delay if it has to be for a specific title

It must be one of those days but for the first time i'm creating a setup for someone else and i simply wanted to have one of my titles trigger OverlayOut but can't find it?? I can see a trigger for all overlays or a specific one but what if they brought it in on X overlay? Seems od to not be able to just execute itself out after so many seconds. I've used this software for years and for the first time i've run into this. i must be missing something. or is it that in order to have it auto out you must know what overlay it is coming in on? Basically its for an operator that might just bring the title in on any of the available overlay channels so i wanted to have it auto out after X seconds. Doesn't seem to exist unless i'm missing something :)

thanks
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:40:01 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ NiBTour

Yeah, it is kind of tough to design something to cover all situations without it becoming extra complicated...
Your options basically are to use the "OverlayInputAllOff" (which is not pretty) OR apply a Trigger for each Overlay channel (which will accomplish the goal, but will also remove all overlays on screen, and might not be desired) OR apply a duration to a particular channel that should only be used for that and similar Title Inputs OR make sure they only use a particular channel for that Title so that you can Trigger appropriately.

Ice
dmwkr  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 3:43:39 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
@ NiBTour, in addition to Ice:

... OR you can trigger a script OnOverlayIn. Just a little tweaking of this one of doggy's scripts is necessary: https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post71167