logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:02:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi all,

A lot of reports here so far seem to be based on network issues rather than an SRT issue itself.
Some pointers to help if you run into issues:

1. SRT uses UDP, so make sure UDP is selected when opening a port in your firewall or router.
2. A public IP address can't be used when testing connections locally on your own network.
3. Rendezvous will only work across two different computers over the internet as it uses the same port on both ends, which won't work on the same PC.
4. Passphrase will only work if both SRT versions are relatively recent. Wowza Streaming Engine in particular appears to not be compatible and the passphrase should be left blank.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Quinton on 10/24/2019(UTC)
admin  
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 3:47:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: MycroBeat99 Go to Quoted Post
Another possible bug with Text. This time with Text Resizing animation.

test_lw_full.gtzip (41kb) downloaded 16 time(s). VMIX_LW_BUG.zip (985kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

Can you describe the problem on more detail?
If you are changing text in the middle of an animation then yes the animations are going to look a bit strange
as the animations are precalculated ahead of time, so suddenly shrinking or expanding the text won't affect the animation once it is already started.
MycroBeat99  
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:15:13 PM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Groups: Registered
Man
Romania

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post

Can you describe the problem on more detail?
If you are changing text in the middle of an animation then yes the animations are going to look a bit strange
as the animations are precalculated ahead of time, so suddenly shrinking or expanding the text won't affect the animation once it is already started.

What information do you need? When i tested that graphic with vMix 23.0.18, i saw the graphics from the video below did the same with "test_lw_full" from above. I updated the vmix to 23.0.19 and i see the graphic have correct animation, but the "test_lw_full" have the same error on animation (I will recreate it and I will post an update). Here is a video with 2 different duration. (in the archive is also the graphic).

Also, i have a problem with text animation when text are aligned to right. He align to left when animation is Width or Width&Height (i posted above about this problem).

lw_2.zip (372kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Rinsky  
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:18:46 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I know it says "Note: New features should not be submitted here, please use the Feature Requests forum instead." on the first page of this thread, but it makes more sense to post it here than to create a new feature request for it:

Regarding the "mixer input" layout, I think it would be better if those inputs would consist of two input windows (one for preview and one for output) with transition controls between them. Something like that:

Mix Input Layout

Those 3 fields preview, controls and output should not be seperatable from each other (unlike the Instant Replay input).

And the next thing is:

Please add the option for more multiview fullscreens and the option to use the mixes from mixer input 2 and 3 and so on for those multiview, so that another person can control a different mix with a midi device or something completely on their own.
thanks 1 user thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
AndrewRed on 11/5/2019(UTC)
admin  
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:42:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Originally Posted by: MycroBeat99 Go to Quoted Post

What information do you need?

Please describe what the problem is, or even better what you expect to happen?
I have looked at the videos you have posted and don't see anything out of the ordinary.
When setting text to auto width it is going to be as if it is left aligned, as the top left corner of the text field will always be fixed in vMix and will not move.

MycroBeat99  
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:48:38 PM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

Please describe what the problem is, or even better what you expect to happen?
I have looked at the videos you have posted and don't see anything out of the ordinary.
When setting text to auto width it is going to be as if it is left aligned, as the top left corner of the text field will always be fixed in vMix and will not move.

I expect or try to do an animation like this on the bottom orange bar. (Minute 7:59 to 8:20)
?t=479

So, when i align text to right, he move to left when Width is selected? Strange.
admin  
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:52:40 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix23preview.exe

* Bus solo now uses headphones volume.
* Additional validation on SRT settings in case of incorrect hostname
* Hostname field will now be hidden in SRT Listener mode to prevent confusion.
* Improvements and fixes to the SRT recent list. Old items may not work correctly and should be cleared.
* BusXSendToMaster and BusXSolo shortcuts added
* Fixed brightness on SRT H264 streams on some systems
* NDI and SRT output settings now correctly saved and recalled in presets.
admin  
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:55:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

MycroBeat99, still a bit confused, if you want an animation to move right to left, select it as such in the animation direction settings.
But any text field set to auto width is always going to work like a left aligned text due to top left anchoring in GT.
MycroBeat99  
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:14:16 PM(UTC)
MycroBeat99

Man
Romania

MycroBeat99, still a bit confused, if you want an animation to move right to left, select it as such in the animation direction settings.
But any text field set to auto width is always going to work like a left aligned text due to top left anchoring in GT.

No no, no about direction. Anyway, i made a last video about what i'm trying to explain about this. (I'm leaving her dead with this.) The top left fix can be an explanation, but is strange.

stevespaw  
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:48:05 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ovinas Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stevespaw Go to Quoted Post
How do I Assign inputs to the new C-G busses?...

Out of the v23 documentation (https://www.vmix.com/help23/Mixer.html): "To enable or disable mixes C-G right click the A or B buttons to display a selection menu."

Ouch,

It does work, but:

1. users will never "find" this. There is no indication of "right-clickableness".
2. no correct feedback.

I know this is some re-work, but it should be something like this:

AudioFader.png (6kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

The multiple Bus functionality is awesome, still trying to figure out the best way to configure and monitor multi-channel outputs and recording.

Thanks!!!

Steve
thanks 1 user thanked stevespaw for this useful post.
AndrewRed on 11/5/2019(UTC)
Brian D.  
#51 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 1:59:05 AM(UTC)
Brian D.

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:

* GT Text Bounding
Link rectangles, images and other GT elements to Text fields set to auto width and/or height.
This allows these elements to match the size of the text with an optional padding value on each side.

THANK YOU Martin!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

admin  
#52 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 2:06:30 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Audio buses C-G are designed to be set and forget, or if you wan't more control, set them up on a X-Keys or Midi controller.
If you need quick access, assign those tasks to A or B.
Quinton  
#53 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 2:33:42 AM(UTC)
Quinton

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
On this version (on occasions)when I go into SRT output settings and change something, it wont let me press the OK button, so I need to manually kill vmix.
Not all the time, but quite a bit.
Also just wondering, in SRT output settings, why would listener be in there, can a listener be an output?

Out of interest, say I am sending 10 Mbps feed to someone, would they only receive 10 Mbps or can they limit it to say 2 Mbps in the output settings?
(Why I ask should listener be in there) Other than that, SRT seems to be working very well!
admin  
#54 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 2:49:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

If a connection is in progress and you click ok after changing some settings, vMix needs to first disconnect the old SRT connection
and establish a new one.

On a congested network it can take quite a while for the connection to be closed, so will just need to wait a while, even up to a minute
or more in some cases.
sam602  
#55 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 3:28:03 AM(UTC)
sam602

Trinidad And Tobago

Hi all,

A lot of reports here so far seem to be based on network issues rather than an SRT issue itself.
Some pointers to help if you run into issues:

1. SRT uses UDP, so make sure UDP is selected when opening a port in your firewall or router.
2. A public IP address can't be used when testing connections locally on your own network.
3. Rendezvous will only work across two different computers over the internet as it uses the same port on both ends, which won't work on the same PC.
4. Passphrase will only work if both SRT versions are relatively recent. Wowza Streaming Engine in particular appears to not be compatible and the passphrase should be left blank.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin,
How do you stop the SRT streaming.. Is there a buttom that I missed?SOLVED
Re Line item 4. Would you all be speaking to Wowza support to suggest a possible solution to this bug. Can you suggest a time line.
This is SRT not RT :)
Thanks
Brian D.  
#56 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 3:51:35 AM(UTC)
Brian D.

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Brian D. Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

* GT Text Bounding
Link rectangles, images and other GT elements to Text fields set to auto width and/or height.
This allows these elements to match the size of the text with an optional padding value on each side.

THANK YOU Martin!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

So this is not what I was looking for, I want to shrink the text width with out changing the height of the text.
That is what I was hopping for, this feature is still good overall.
Yes I see there is a shrink function in the text settings, but this changes the height of the text.
There is a WidthandHeight setting as well, but this changes the text box to the width and height of the text, not the other way around, which is what I need.
Mathijs  
#57 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 6:37:27 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
I am unable to change the fullscreen output. It stays on program.
MartLeib  
#58 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 7:23:59 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Quinton Go to Quoted Post
On this version (on occasions)when I go into SRT output settings and change something, it wont let me press the OK button, so I need to manually kill vmix.
Not all the time, but quite a bit.
Also just wondering, in SRT output settings, why would listener be in there, can a listener be an output?

Out of interest, say I am sending 10 Mbps feed to someone, would they only receive 10 Mbps or can they limit it to say 2 Mbps in the output settings?
(Why I ask should listener be in there) Other than that, SRT seems to be working very well!

Don't think Listener and Caller as Receiver and Transmitter. They can be both, for example, when your encoder has open port and receiver does not, you can setup your encoder as Listener and decoder as caller.
ask  
#59 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 9:53:50 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I have an SRT stream running over my Lan. All is well for 5 mins, then the picture on the RX unit freezes but audio continues. I can re-establish the connection by disabling then enabling SRT on the TX vMix but the behaviour reoccurs after a few minutes. Thoughts? (vMix build .21)
natzakaria  
#60 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 11:58:35 AM(UTC)
natzakaria

Originally Posted by: ask Go to Quoted Post
I have an SRT stream running over my Lan. All is well for 5 mins, then the picture on the RX unit freezes but audio continues. I can re-establish the connection by disabling then enabling SRT on the TX vMix but the behaviour reoccurs after a few minutes. Thoughts? (vMix build .21)

+1

Face the same.