logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sim  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 1:20:42 AM(UTC)
sim

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

Our vmix setup has become quite elaborate over the years and we have a server that vmix interacts with through a browser input and visiting a variety of endpoints through browserNavigate or browserReload. This system worked well until recently when it seems like the browser inputs are backgrounded or put to sleep if they aren't interacted with for a while.

My suspicion is that 22.0.0.66 was the version that it broke with the following two notes being the most likely culprits

* Reduced GPU Mem usage of Web Browser input by over 50%.
* Small performance improvements across the board!

If anyone could shed some light on this that'd be great. I'm aware too that using a whole browser input to just visit a api endpoint is quite greedy so if anyone can suggest a better way of doing this that'd be great too.

Sim

mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:09:13 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Agreed. There was a change in Chrome itself some time ago. It would suspend tabs that were not visible.This was a long way back, but it could be that the captive instance of Chrome in vMix only just received this update.

According to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ vMix 22.0.69 embeds Chrome 62.

UserPostedImage

admin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:31:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

The Web Browser input has not changed in some time. V62 was the most recent change and that was all the way back in vMix 20. (early 2018)

The changelog points noted above were inside the vMix rendering engine itself, which is completely separate from the web browser, and would not impact
refreshing of pages or anything like that, so you will have to see if anything else in your setup has recently changed unfortunately.

For what it's worth, we plan on upgrading the browser to V77 in vMix 23, with the beta hopefully out in a few weeks time.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
sim  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:20:31 AM(UTC)
sim

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

The Web Browser input has not changed in some time. V62 was the most recent change and that was all the way back in vMix 20. (early 2018)

The changelog points noted above were inside the vMix rendering engine itself, which is completely separate from the web browser, and would not impact
refreshing of pages or anything like that, so you will have to see if anything else in your setup has recently changed unfortunately.

For what it's worth, we plan on upgrading the browser to V77 in vMix 23, with the beta hopefully out in a few weeks time.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi, thanks for getting back, interesting that nothing there has changed as we see a definite difference when a page hasn't been interacted with for a while. On the same input if it is left alone for 5 mins or more the response time on reload is around 5 secs whereas on a page that has been interacted with more recently than that it's milliseconds.

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
So you will have to see if anything else in your setup has recently changed unfortunately.

Nothing changed here for about a year.

Upgrading to V77 is great news for me and i'm really appreciative that you are keeping the browser current as that's a big part of my workflow.

Any ideas on how else a external API call could be achieved through a vmix trigger?

Thanks!

Sim.
sim  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:28:28 AM(UTC)
sim

Originally Posted by: mjgraves Go to Quoted Post

According to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ vMix 22.0.69 embeds Chrome 62.

Other people might find this useful, I use 62001 for windows as i'm not totally sure which build is in vMixx - link to old builds of chrome if you are developing for a old version - Previous builds of chrome