logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ben1000  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 1:53:41 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy...

We are using 3 NDI-HX PTZ Optics cameras with vMix...

Everything can run great for hours and hours... But randomly, we'll see 1 of the cameras exhibit a very small freeze (for 1-3 frames only) and then come back, but now it's a few frames behind the other 2 cameras, and out of sync with our audio...

This happens randomly over time, and can be fine for hours before it happens. Also, we see it on all our cameras, regardless of the switch, or cables used... It doesn't happen on SDI...

To fix this, we used to turn off the offending camera and turn back on, which solved the issue, but we've also found that if we switch the Vmix input to another camera for a moment (by right-clicking on the input and choosing another NDI source) and then change back to the offending camera, the sync is back to normal and everything is good again for another hour or more. This fix is much faster than resetting the camera (taking only 2 or 3 seconds to switch and switch back) and doesn't require re-focusing the cam. It also leads me to believe that the issue is with vMix...

Any thoughts? This is really just a minor annoyance, but we'd love to find a solution...

Best,

Ben

mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 3:16:40 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I've seen this as well. I don't think it's vMix itself. I suspect the NDI|HX driver.
ben1000  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 1:58:00 AM(UTC)
ben1000

I ran NDI studio monitor this morning, and noticed that when 1 cam got delayed in vMix, this did NOT happen in studio monitor, so I believe this is a vMix issue.
ben1000  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:43:24 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Howdy...

I'm going to run similar tests with OBS to see if I can replicate the situation. If it is a PTZ optics problem or a driver issue, we should be able to replicate the tests there...

To others on this thread... could I ask you to do the same? Download OBS, setup a 2 or 3 camera shoot pointing the cams at a clock or something else that can used for delay testing, and let's see if we can replicate the issue in OBS...

Thanks!

Best,

Ben
joel.delamarre  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2021 12:12:56 AM(UTC)
joel.delamarre

Canada

This is an old thread, but we are experiencing the same issue.
We have two PTZ connected via NDI to vmix. After about 1 hour, one will have its images randomly get out of sync. As far as we know we have upgraded NDI tools to latest version. Do you still experience this issue?

raugert  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:43:32 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I have always had this issue, and to this day I have not been able to resolve it. I have 4 PTZOptics cameras. They don't go out of sync when using 4 instances of NDI Monitor, but for some reason they eventually go out of sync in vMix. I've tried firmware updates, settings in the network switch, etc.,but to no avail. For this reason, I always use SDI and not NDI.

Note: PTZOptics came out with a new firmware for their cameras a few weeks ago. I haven't yet updated, as I have a show this week. I will do the updates after that. Hopefully it will fix the issue but I'm not holding my breath...
cho123  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:59:58 AM(UTC)
cho123

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with 24.0.0.57 vmix and SOC v6.2.82. After about 1-2hrs of operation the camera will eventually have higher latency. This doesn't happen with studio monitor. The only way to resync is to restart the camera. I haven't tried the newest firmware. As far as I know there was an issue with HW acceleration with previous NDI|HX and PTZoptics. This issue was fixed with firmware update on PTZOptics so it might be resolved with the firmware update.