logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter Berglund  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 2:02:27 AM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

I have been shooting video for many years now and in 99% of the cases it's been a "one-man-band". In short, I have taken care of everything even in multi-camera setups. Now I'm moving to vMix as we will do more live streaming. Running live productions is a bit stressful and you certainly have less room for mistakes.

During a three camera session today, I used an Akai APC40mk2 for the complete production. For a number of reasons I wasn't able to be positioned at the PC (keyboard, mouse and vMix interface), so I just had the APC40 in my hands standing in the studio where the interview was taking place. In the studio I have two 49" screens used for vMix Fullscreen outputs where I display Preview on one of them and Output on the other one. It was really handy to just swap between the three cameras (and PTZ-presets) just using these two large screens and the APC40.

Now to the feature request:
As sound is as important as the video signal, it would be really handy if the audio levels could be displayed as an overlay in the output window if and when needed. I guess it's enough to be able to show the Master audio levels, but I leave that to the development guys to decide which options that could be provided. Secondly if these bar-graphs should be semi-transparent or not, the size etc.

I respect if most of you think this an unnecessary feature as you can monitor whatever audio level in the normal vMix UI, but having this overlay possibility on a large monitor in the studio would be really great - especially when you run the show as a one-man-band. If possible, I would prefer if these bar-graphs could show continuous dynamic peaks with a line (like in Premiere), red headroom warning and also the dB levels in numbers below as you see them in vMix in the audio settings dialogues.

Well, that's a feature request from me anyway. I hope this makes sense.
:)
/Peter
rowby  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 4:10:11 AM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
+1
Peter Berglund  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 6:19:21 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just adding a simple pic of how it could like:

BarGraphOverlay.jpg (407kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

/Peter
cutter07  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 6:25:27 AM(UTC)
cutter07

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
+1
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 6:36:40 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
DYI, just replace progress bar with audio level in https://forums.vmix.com/...al-time-on-output-screen
BETech  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 2:41:14 PM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
It is amazing what you can create using the Multiview option for an Input.

For Audio Meters displayed on an Output, create a Camera Input using vMix Video as the source. Use ‘Show Legacy Devices’ to reveal the vMix Video output. Name the new Input “vMix Video Output & Meters” as an example.

Create another Input using NDI/Local Desktop Capture. Use ‘Local Desktop Capture’ as this uses less resources.

UserPostedImage

Open the Settings for the “vMix Video Output & Meters” Input and add the “Local Desktop Capture” into the MultiView option.

UserPostedImage

Select the Position option, and adjust the cropping, the size and the position for the Audio Level Meters.
You can also adjust the transparency of the Audio Level Meters by activating the Colour Key option on the ‘Local Desktop Capture’ and adjusting the key level (transparency) to your liking.

UserPostedImage

Now you can send the “vMix Video Output & Meters” to the Full Screen Output, or External Output or even the NDI Outputs. The choice is yours.
thanks 1 user thanked BETech for this useful post.
rowby on 3/31/2019(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2023 3:36:31 PM(UTC)
gpdipalmerahtimur

Indonesia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1