logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JimJacobs  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:43:06 AM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I'll do my best to brief, but I have a laundry list of feature-sets I'd like to see become reality in vMix IR.

1. - A shortcut that allows the spring loaded outer wheel on such devices as the xKeys 68 Jog/Shuttle to play out selected/last events as follows:
Turn the wheel left, the clip plays in reverse...and the further you turn the clip, the faster the clip plays. Same when you turn it to the right - expect the clip plays forward, speeding up the further to the right you turn the wheel. At the center, the clip stops to a still frame.

2. The ability to name the Clip Tabs

3. This is a feature that would likely work system wide across imputs, but for Replay, the ability to incrementally zoom and pan. Now, it's to a fixed point based on your settings. Press a key and that's where the screen moves to. I think the ability to incrementally pan left / right / up / down (X/Y) and Zoom In/Out would allow you to focus in on whether a player's foot was in bounds or a knee was down.

4. More music control within IR. Maybe the ability to assign tracks to specific tabs

Hopefully many will +1 this so we can advance the ability of an already great piece of software. Feel free to add to my list!
thanks 2 users thanked JimJacobs for this useful post.
corporatejames on 9/13/2018(UTC), timbrian on 9/15/2018(UTC)
RichShumaker  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:01:42 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
+1
I don't use Replay as often as I should.
The incremental Zoom Pan is interesting to me the most.
timbrian  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 11:18:35 AM(UTC)
timbrian

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1
Can be a great aid in replay.
rnhturner  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:23:24 AM(UTC)
rnhturner

JimJacobs wrote:
I'll do my best to brief, but I have a laundry list of feature-sets I'd like to see become reality in vMix IR.

1. - A shortcut that allows the spring loaded outer wheel on such devices as the xKeys 68 Jog/Shuttle to play out selected/last events as follows:
Turn the wheel left, the clip plays in reverse...and the further you turn the clip, the faster the clip plays. Same when you turn it to the right - expect the clip plays forward, speeding up the further to the right you turn the wheel. At the center, the clip stops to a still frame.

2. The ability to name the Clip Tabs

3. This is a feature that would likely work system wide across imputs, but for Replay, the ability to incrementally zoom and pan. Now, it's to a fixed point based on your settings. Press a key and that's where the screen moves to. I think the ability to incrementally pan left / right / up / down (X/Y) and Zoom In/Out would allow you to focus in on whether a player's foot was in bounds or a knee was down.

4. More music control within IR. Maybe the ability to assign tracks to specific tabs

Hopefully many will +1 this so we can advance the ability of an already great piece of software. Feel free to add to my list!

+1 from me especially #3. It would be an awesome addition. You might even be able to set it up with xbox controllers. I have tried the blank multi set in inputs and then pre zoomed to different places but not quite what I want. I have thought about making 9 different inputs where I make overlay 1 be a zoomed in area of the screen but none of this works great.
Innomedia  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:13:02 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
+1
As always when somebody is praying for zoom function in IR. I brought it up many times but unfortunately it is not implemented yet.
mavik  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 8:54:29 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
+1
Barney Box Lane  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:36:08 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
faded audio with visual hardcut would be my last piece of awesomeness I'd like to see in the replays
StepBackInTime_TV  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:06:54 PM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JimJacobs Go to Quoted Post

Hi Jim,

Instead of specifying a value number for zoom, pan or tilt, if you put +=0.1 or -=0.1 as the value, it will increment/decrement the current value, which allows you to zoom, pan and tilt to any position, 1 step at a time.

Would this work for you?

All the best,
Giles.