logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 2:26:48 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
first of all - congrats to Martin and team for a very succesfull NAB - a stellar product from a stellar team based on stellar users support and feedback.

So it increasingly hard to find a 'problem' but maybe a got one ( small, non critical, insignificant, ... but still a problem )...

I am specialized in recording knowledge sessions where a speaker talks and uses a powerpoint. I prefer the speaker to use a 4by3 pp slide because this fits nicely in a 16by9 frame leaving space to include the speaker.

but frequently slides of 16:9 are used, so I have to sqeeze this in, making the resulting frame smaller and letterboxed if I keep the pp input 16:9.

But I thought of a sollution: I make a virtual input of the ndi pp desktopcapture input and set this input to normal. thisway the virtual input is made 4by 3 and I can use both. For basic pp slides woth text this is no problem, and I also prepare a 16:9 pp overlay.

but the normal setting is not retained in a preset. so in case I have to restart i have to reset the input setting of the virtual input.

further: using a merge transition the transition is not smooth and seems to jump from 16:9 to the 4:3 normal setting during the transition.

so again, nothing much but at least there is something to note on an otherwise perfect product!!

stefan