logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slb5146  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:45:41 PM(UTC)
slb5146

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I have been trying for days to do a vMix call with my HTC One M8 running Android 6.0 using Chrome 62.0.3202.84. When I join the call with my Android it seems to connect to vMix and I see my front camera but vMix output never shows up on my Android. The Android screen just shows a big blue area. Any suggestions?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:02:05 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ slb5146

Possibly a bandwidth issue, are you sending a "mobile" signal back from vMix or "default" (or other)?
I have seen similar "blue screen" for several minutes on android phones and tablets before finally connecting (even with mobile bandwidth).

Ice
slb5146  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:04:54 PM(UTC)
slb5146

Man
United States

I do have my bandwidth set for Mobile. I am using vMix HD. On vMix I see my webcam in the output window. I have vMix Call in the preview window but I cannot see my webcam output in the preview window. My video source is set for output but I never see my output in the vMix Call preview window or on my Android. I know my vMix Call is connected because chat works in both directions. I have watched the vMix Call tutorial twice. I would guess that I am overlooking something very simple.
slb5146  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:33:59 PM(UTC)
slb5146

Man
United States

I just noticed this error message on the Call Manager but I do not understand what to do about it.
Quote:
System.Exception: There is a mismatch between the number of local streams (2) and the number of media descriptions (1).
at FM.IceLink.Connection.ProcessAndSetDescription(SessionDescription description, Boolean isLocalDescription, Promise`1 promise)
at FM.IceLink.Connection.DoSetRemoteDescription(Promise`1 promise, SessionDescription remoteDescription)
slb5146  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:55:04 PM(UTC)
slb5146

Man
United States

I found where Martin previously posted the answer
Quote:
This error means the source is not sending both a camera and microphone.
If it is a PC, click the camera icon at the top right of chrome to make sure you have both a camera and microphone selected.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

On my Android I had to go into settings and turn on the microphone and allow Chrome to use it. Then everything on both ends popped up working.