logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluesgeek  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 3:28:21 AM(UTC)
bluesgeek

Groups: Registered

I have four HDMI captures. In creating camera inputs I am selecting audio from camera 1 as Audio Device for all cameras. I can configure 3 cams this way, but trying to save the 4th input fails with: "No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection."

I am able to configure 4 cameras using Line-in as the Audio Device without issue.

Is there a limit to the number of inputs that can use the same HDMI embedded audio?

Thank you.
boris9831  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 9:13:31 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
r u opening a separate audio input for the audio coming from your HDMI input card?
thanks 1 user thanked boris9831 for this useful post.
bluesgeek on 8/5/2017(UTC)
bluesgeek  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 1:45:15 AM(UTC)
bluesgeek

boris9831 wrote:
r u opening a separate audio input for the audio coming from your HDMI input card?

Thank you, Boris. I'm not sure what you mean.

Here is the workflow.

1) Create new Camera Input from cam 1 and select it as the Audio Device
2) Create a new Camera Input from cam 2 and select Cam1 as the Audio Device
3) Create a new Camera Input from cam 3 and select Cam1 as the Audio Device
4) Create a new Camera Input from cam 4 and select Cam1 as the Audio Device, and receive the not enough filters error.

I tried first creating an Audio Input from Cam1, but that doesn't then appear in the list when selecting Audio Device when creating the Camera Inputs (because it is not a device just an input created from an existing device, Cam1). So the result is the same. I can create 3 Camera Inputs successfully, and error on creating the 4th.

Perhaps you are asking me something else, and I'm not understanding.

Thanks for your help.
boris9831  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 2:37:23 AM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
bluesgeek wrote:
boris9831 wrote:

Here is the workflow.

4) Create a new Camera Input from cam 4 and select Cam1 as the Audio Device, and receive the not enough filters error.

I tried first creating an Audio Input from Cam1, but that doesn't then appear in the list when selecting Audio Device when creating the Camera Inputs (because it is not a device just an input created from an existing device, Cam1). So the result is the same. I can create 3 Camera Inputs successfully, and error on creating the 4th.

Thanks for your help.

I guess I don't understand what you want to accomplish. I have a vPrime 4 port HDMI (Magewell chipset?) and it works fine with your scenario. Based on your description you are capturing the same audio for each camera input - why not just add one audio input that uses the audio from cam1? Perhaps the capture card you are using doesn't show the audio inputs separately - see attached.
boris9831 attached the following image(s):
Image4.jpg (100kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
bluesgeek  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 3:21:17 AM(UTC)
bluesgeek

boris9831 wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:
boris9831 wrote:

Here is the workflow.

Thanks for your help.

I guess I don't understand what you want to accomplish. I have a vPrime 4 port HDMI (Magewell chipset?) and it works fine with your scenario. Based on your description you are capturing the same audio for each camera input - why not just add one audio input that uses the audio from cam1? Perhaps the capture card you are using doesn't show the audio inputs separately - see attached.

Boris, from the looks of my audio input devices, I don't believe I have that option. Can you tell from this screen shot?

Thanks again.
bluesgeek attached the following image(s):
screenshot audio input.PNG (25kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
bluesgeek  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 10:27:24 PM(UTC)
bluesgeek

I think I figured out my problem. I already had some camera inputs configured and stored in a category. I believe the error was the result of trying to have more than one cam input configured the same. Is that possible? All I know is that I deleted the other cam inputs and I was able to configure 4 cams with the same audio device (cam 1). Thanks again for helping. I guess we can file this one under operator error.