logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pm  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 5:33:06 AM(UTC)
pm

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi

Version 17.0.0.112

If I add an instant replay input to my preset, one audio strip is added to the audio mixer (for channel A).

In audio strip of instant replay, if I press the speaker icon to mute/unmute audio, the audio buttons of both inputs channel A and B are changing from green to black and vice versa. Sounds logical to me.

In audio strip of instant replay, if I press the "Automatically Mix Audio" icon, only the "Automatically Mix Audio" setting of input channel A is changing. Input channel B is not changing. Sounds not logical to me. As I would expect, it should have the same behaviour like the mute/unmute button and change the setting on both channels.

Regards,
Patrick
stigaard  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 6:28:09 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
pm wrote:

In audio strip of instant replay, if I press the "Automatically Mix Audio" icon, only the "Automatically Mix Audio" setting of input channel A is changing. Input channel B is not changing. Sounds not logical to me. As I would expect, it should have the same behaviour like the mute/unmute button and change the setting on both channels.

As I have wrapped my head around understanding replay channel A and B, the case is, that whenever you want to send a replay to the output, it will always use channel A. The second channel is for previewing a secondary camera angle to your producer. Therefore, you should not worry about audio on channel B.

I hope that this made some sense :-)
pm  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:47:05 AM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
That was also my first intention.

But during playing around (testing new workflows) with instant replay, i suddenly had unexpected audio from instant replay on the master channel.

That's what I did:
- Playing replay event cam1 with channel A to output.
- Changing channel B to cam2 and set channel B to preview.
- Fade preview to output.
- Because "automatically mix audio" was set in input settings channel B, I suddenly had audio on the master output altough I disabled "automatically mix audio" before in replay audio strip.

So the settings in channel B are relevant in some cases...