logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michaelgeorge  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:00:42 PM(UTC)
michaelgeorge

Groups: Registered

The VU meters next to the input windows will be handy, however they will also have the effect of taking up more screen space, which for me, running live events off a touring laptop, is a problem. I can't display as many inputs as I would like now on the available screen space.

Each input module is already much bigger than it needs to be but there is no option to make them smaller below 280 x 156. I guess this is limited by the button layout. I'd happily lose all the space between the buttons, make the buttons smaller and reduce the height of the title bar in order to get a smaller input module overall. That way I could get more of them to fit on the screen without scrolling which would be so much more efficient on a laptop. Ditto for the docked audio mixer. There is so much wasted space in the width of each module. Can they be made thinner please?

Anyway, I've digressed. My original point about the VU meters next to the input window - I would prefer them superimposed over the input picture, perhaps along the bottom of it just above the lower edge. That way we could have the benefit of audio monitoring tied directly to the input without the negative of losing more screen space.

So the above points could be considered part of my wish list for v6 and beyond :)

Thanks Martin
Luc Henrion  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 4:25:27 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1 for smaller VU meters, and superimposed is also a good idea
admin  
#23 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 4:31:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
I will try and keep the new VU meters as small as possible and offer an option to disable them completely for those with small screens.
doyousee.me  
#24 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 4:39:41 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
great news all around.

is audio in the saved delay a big ask (or am i simply doing something wrong?) , if easier camera audio would be ok , or output audio.

M@ik
isaia  
#25 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:44:46 AM(UTC)
isaia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
One improvmet i might add is:

Ability to setup the EXTERNAL OUTPUT - would be good to have a place where to be able to setup a run program right after we start EXTERNAL, and reason for this is;

I stream with FMLE via DOS client to the RTMP server but every time i start the EXTERNAL i have to manualy run the batch file for FMLE to start pushing video steraming to the www server.

Also this functionality could be used in case we decide to record with FMLE so instead of missing part of the video from the time we engadge EXTERNAL untill we engadge the recording client, this could be avoided by setting it up and when we PRESS EXTERNAL on vMix, the other client should be started automaticaly by vMix.

I know I ask vMix to do some job for me and I would prefere to have FMLE functionality integrated in vMix, at least recording part as i am interested to record x264 and AAC audio but for now vMix does not allow that so i have to use 2 programs to get what i need.

I hope this feauture will gain interest, and will be implemented as i consider it a + for vMix software.
Famous Pictures  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 12:07:35 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
isaia wrote:

Ability to setup the EXTERNAL OUTPUT - would be good to have a place where to be able to setup a run program right after we start EXTERNAL, and reason for this is;

I stream with FMLE via DOS client to the RTMP server but every time i start the EXTERNAL i have to manualy run the batch file for FMLE to start pushing video steraming to the www server.

Also this functionality could be used in case we decide to record with FMLE so instead of missing part of the video from the time we engadge EXTERNAL untill we engadge the recording client, this could be avoided by setting it up and when we PRESS EXTERNAL on vMix, the other client should be started automaticaly by vMix.

I know I ask vMix to do some job for me and I would prefere to have FMLE functionality integrated in vMix, at least recording part as i am interested to record x264 and AAC audio but for now vMix does not allow that so i have to use 2 programs to get what i need.

I hope this feauture will gain interest, and will be implemented as i consider it a + for vMix software.

+1
ClementN  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 1:15:20 PM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
isaia wrote:

+1 from me ...

Or maybe the ability to add any shortcut to the external output and have that ability to run program in the shortcuts set-up ..

melody  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 3:34:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

isaia wrote:

+1
ber142  
#29 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 5:04:10 PM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mauro Cesar wrote:
Hi Martin,
I have a suggestion for variations of effects.

Objective:
1-Set up the side of the screen where the transition is performed.
2-reverse the order of the transition (A-B / B-A)

Suggestion:

1-Create a controller input position effect.
2-Create a button to reverse direction.
3-In the overlay, create output effect.

Mauro.

UserPostedImage

+1
donnyyeo  
#30 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:41:50 AM(UTC)
donnyyeo

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Re-request.

To improve the usability of the GUI interface, clicking on the Preview Window is a shortcut to Quick Play.

With this feature added, using a touch screen monitor will be a better experience. [the Quick Play button is too small for quick switching work]

Thanks.
admin  
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:20:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

This has already been implemented, look through the settings for the "Activate QuickPlay by clicking preview window" option.
Allan  
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:30:25 AM(UTC)
Allan

I like the shortcut buttons but would like to suggest some extension to the shortcuts. We intend to set up automatic sequences of inputs and will often need to switch quickly from one sequence to another. The shortcuts in conjunction with playlists would be useful for this with a couple of extensions.

Typically, our whole sequence is an initial sequence of timed inputs, followed by a looped sequence which repeats until manually interrupted. This, at present, can be done only by sequentially opening and starting two playlists and often there is not time to do this. If it were possible that the last item on a playlist could be the opening and starting of another playlist, it would create much more flexibility. If this were coupled with a shortcut key able to start any specified playlist (after stopping any active playlist), quick changes would be possible.

Here is another suggestion. Whenever we start vMix we need to reposition and resize to use the full width of the screen but leave enough room along the bottom for a row Windows shortcut icons for starting other programs. For some reason with Vista the vMix window always starts the same size and position. If this could be set by the user, it would be useful. Even more useful would be the ability to launch and kill an external program by shortcut keys.

Thanks.

Allan
admin  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:31:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

v6 has now gone into testing!

Some audio sync improvements have also been added. These will fix situations where the sound card was providing
audio too quickly to the recorder and creating a noticeable delay after around 2 hours.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:46:36 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hello,

Some comments, suggestions and questions from our broadcasting teams:

1. Deinterlace for Color input does not work on multiview inputs. For example, when I add two interlaced capture sources to create a PIP view, the deinterlacing on multiview inputs does not work.

2. Add crop possibilities for multiview inputs. This would be very helpful when preparing a PIP view and capture inputs natively have black borders (often when using composite video input). Also the new overlay border feature could be introduced for multiview inputs. The next step would be border shadows, which would look really good in PIP views.

3. Set independent output resolution for BMD renderer and External output. This is useful when local projection is done in 1080i via BMD renderer, while FMLE streaming only requires 576i. Lots of CPU resources are saved when passing 576i or 720i to FMLE instead of 1080i.

4. Is there any way to save recording as mov file?

5. Can you make ticker to loop and therefore repeat itself?

6. Seperate 32bit and 64bit version. If we want to use 64bit only, the default profile file association is always with 32bit version and after updating vMix it might also roll back to 32bit vMix, therefore creating some confusion and might lead to using the wrong version in some cases.

7. When loading photo folder input in a widescreen project, the default size of photo input is set as 1024x576 even though the images are actually 4:3. This creates problems when using the photo folder as overlay with borders in a PIP view. The borders go around 16:9 image and not the actual 4:3 image.

8. If on capture input in multiview there is another video selected, then, when input starts (cut), video, thats is selceted in multiview, starts with a delay of few frames and not simultaneously with input video.

9. Add shortcut that removes all/one specific overlay not dependant on active input. This would be helpful if there are three cameras and 20 subtitles to quickly hide active subtitle with one press of a button.

10. Add possibility to use more than one output monitor (we often have cases when we want to take the advantage of DVI and HDMI output simultaneously - use a couple of monitors)

11. Add possibility to deinterlace on output monitor. we have cases when we stream interlaced signal to tv, but local monitor (Fullscreen) would require progressive.

12. Since introducing “built in audio” feature, when using two or three blackmagic intensity pro, the audio channels get mixed up. i think before this feature was introduced, everything worked fine when leaving audio drop down blank.

13. When using 4 BMD Intensity Pro (not WDM driver), often audio does not work in vMix (composite input pal, 2 channel or 1 channel audio), while in Media Express audiuo shows up ok.

14. Add possibility to use two or more vMix instances simultaneously. this is useful for projects when we have one video input and we have to deliver two streams each with a different visualisation (for example, logotype). this however would involve at least three vMix since one would be used for “multiplying” the source video input for using eith other vMix instances

Regards,
Dundurs
admin  
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:46:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Regarding point number 12, can you explain this in more detail?
If you select say "DeckLink Video Capture" and set the audio to "Built in Audio" or "None" there will be no audio at all, so which audio chanels are getting mixed up?

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:55:45 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Regarding point number 12, can you explain this in more detail?
If you select say "DeckLink Video Capture" and set the audio to "Built in Audio" or "None" there will be no audio at all, so which audio chanels are getting mixed up?

Thanks,

Martin
vMix

I meant that when using "Built in audio" feature, sometimes I get no audio, sometimes I get correct audio, sometimes I think get the audio of the wrong BMD card. I think before introducing this feature the default value was empty and it worked fine, but I might be wrong.
admin  
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:03:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

The "Built In Audio" is only for capture devices that do not have a separate audio device listed in the audio dropdown box.
For DeckLink Video Capture you need to also select DeckLink Audio Capture as the audio device for it to work correctly.

dundurs  
#38 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 6:20:33 AM(UTC)
dundurs

15. We are using video transition when switching from capture input to video delay input, which allow to create great sports broadcasts. At this point we have attached the video transition (2sec video) via multiview and chroma key to the video delay input, which means transition starts at the same time as video delay. However we want half of the transition to go over capture input and only the other half over the video delay input. One way to introduce this feature would be to set ms of delay for video delay input allowing the multiview chroma keyed video transition to start for example 1sec earlier than the video delay input itself. "Delayed cut" so to speak.
dundurs  
#39 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:11:03 AM(UTC)
dundurs

16. When recording video delay in widescreen PAL 720x576 SD mode, mediainfo displays "Display aspect ratio: 4:3", which is not correct. For native video recording the aspect ratio information is correct.
guztavo  
#40 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 8:10:40 AM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin!

I think you can add a big red indicator of dropped frames when recording.... (i.e., next to the "rec" label)...

Thanks!