logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Marvin  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:31:42 PM(UTC)
Marvin

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I try YouTube, but can not sing up, said page not found.
This page is no longer available. Please browse the menu items above to find the page you are looking for.
ask  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:24:59 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
admin wrote:
I've just found a potential issue with the certificate being recognised on some systems.
I am updating the download now.

EDIT: please try downloading again now

Executable now working OK on all systems. Cheers.
ask  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:39:21 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
admin wrote:
vMix Desktop Capture for NDI is included with the vMix 17 installer, so you can install it that way on any machine you need it on
without needing to register vMix.

Bandid62, internet access is required to activate vMix, after that internet is no longer needed to run it.

Might also be worth mentioning that to turn on Camera Inputs etc as NDI sources you need to go to the Settings menu, External Outputs and select the appropriate check boxes. Vmix will then need to restart.

Another tip. Right clicking over the NDI Destop capture gives you a drop down of all of available sources and you can switch shots from there. Great idea Martin!

Also the window you want to capture must be active not minimized. It can be hidden behind other windows.

Also. a question. If vMix is registered as BasicSD or SD will the new Desktop Capture app be restricted also to SD? Or will it transmit in HD?

corporatejames  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:39:10 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
I'm having issue that desktop capture for NDI is not able view the source eg application or screen from my laptop. Sound is perfect eg playing youtube video in chrome and ticking loop back for audio sounds great. But unable to see it on main machine. See all ndi sources and add them but have black or static image of the screen. NDI cameras work great with very little latency even via my wifi network.
admin  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:17:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
corporatejames wrote:
I'm having issue that desktop capture for NDI is not able view the source eg application or screen from my laptop. Sound is perfect eg playing youtube video in chrome and ticking loop back for audio sounds great. But unable to see it on main machine. See all ndi sources and add them but have black or static image of the screen. NDI cameras work great with very little latency even via my wifi network.

With vMix Desktop Capture for NDI running on the other PC, add "Display 1" to vMix, then wait a couple of seconds, if it is a black screen
then double clicking "Ready (0 Connections)" in the desktop capture app will show a log file with hopefully some kind of error as to why the screen is not being captured.
corporatejames  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:52:45 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

admin wrote:
corporatejames wrote:

With vMix Desktop Capture for NDI running on the other PC, add "Display 1" to vMix, then wait a couple of seconds, if it is a black screen
then double clicking "Ready (0 Connections)" in the desktop capture app will show a log file with hopefully some kind of error as to why the screen is not being captured.

Thanks Martin. Will check it out and let you know.

One thing I noticed and suggested change is regarding the naming of the category tabs. It saves it for all presets. It would better if it was saved part of preset so you could have different headings depending on the production otherwise new preset would be blank.
corporatejames  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:18:03 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Here is the error for Desktop Capture

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at vMixDesktopCaptureLibrary.Win32Utils.ClearDest(IntPtr dst, Int32 dstStride, Size sz)
at vMixDesktopCaptureLibrary.DesktopCaptureServer._CaptureThread()

from the log window as requested.
admin  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:38:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
That's odd, looks like a window or display on the system is reporting a negative size.
What are the specs of the system being captured, does it make use of virtual displays or USB display adapters or anything like that?
Maybe try closing as many open programs as possible on it to narrow down the culprit.
madness  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:26:39 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
madness wrote:
If "Titler Pro Live 2" includes NDI support, I will be giving it a trial tonight with vMix 17 preview.

I'll be very interested in it's outcome.

I guess it's not yet implemented, and from my research will only be in "Ultimate".

I can use it in desktop capture though, using the live output window resized to a reasonable resolution, and then cropped to remove the window border.

What I found out though about Titler pro Live 2, is that it only appears to exercise a single core on my setup, and runs at a snails pace.

I wonder if there is a way to make it utilize more than Core 1 @ 95% Core usage.

May have to look into using HTML5 and browser capabilities in 17 as an alternative to Titler Pro Live 2 express.
richardgatarski  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:22:39 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
corporatejames wrote:
One thing I noticed and suggested change is regarding the naming of the category tabs. It saves it for all presets. It would better if it was saved part of preset so you could have different headings depending on the production otherwise new preset would be blank.

+1

And might I add as a bump, being able to use more than one category at a time. For example implemented by right-clicking on a category toggles it on/off. And right-clicking on all (grey) brings up the name setting.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
madness on 3/24/2016(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:43:28 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

W.H.O.W.!

You vMix developers keep amazing us users :) A few early notes/issues/questions.

For some reason I started with the new audio features. LOVE the pre/post meters in the audio settings. Now it's very easy to adjust the compressor (and other audio parameters).

There is still a clicking noice when the EQ is enabled and adjusted.

It would probably reduce confusion if the Main audio meter was somehow visible even when there is no audio.

"Streaming settings and Output Format are now both saved in Presets"
This probably means issues with backwards compatibility. And, specifically which "Output Format"? Guess I will understand better after some tests. So far I found that when I imported a Settings and a Preset created in v16, the Streaming settings was not properly applied.
richardgatarski  
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:50:52 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
vMix Desktop Capture for NDI is included with the vMix 17 installer, so you can install it that way on any machine you need it on without needing to register vMix.

In the (close) future I would like to see a stand alone capture app for Windows. It is far from ideal to install the whole vMix package on for example a personal laptop used by a speaker at a conference.
ClementN  
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:17:53 PM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
admin wrote:
vMix Desktop Capture for NDI is included with the vMix 17 installer, so you can install it that way on any machine you need it on without needing to register vMix.

In the (close) future I would like to see a stand alone capture app for Windows. It is far from ideal to install the whole vMix package on for example a personal laptop used by a speaker at a conference.

+1
Len56  
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:28:08 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
admin wrote:

+2
agmedia  
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:14:11 PM(UTC)
agmedia

Martin Good afternoon, I'm excited about testing this new version of vMix, I have 1 questions.

What new entries can be managed from the API? you have a list of how to add? because the documentation still remain the same. I wonder if you can already add virtual in September through the API.

Thank you so much
LG  
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:04:55 PM(UTC)
LG

do we need to open firewall ports!

i have 2 vmix 17 beta running on same network with one blackmagic card but on the other pc the NDI screen does not show any other NDI inputs and the thing keeps turning but finds nothing.

corporatejames  
#37 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:25:37 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

admin wrote:
That's odd, looks like a window or display on the system is reporting a negative size.
What are the specs of the system being captured, does it make use of virtual displays or USB display adapters or anything like that?
Maybe try closing as many open programs as possible on it to narrow down the culprit.

Hi Martin. Only had chrome opened and also tried Edge. No other devices attached. Same thing occured with both. Laptop is Acer i5 with 8gb ram Win10. No issues with desktop capture. Works for about 10 secs then I open another website, stops working and get error in log window. No issue with NDI cameras from laptop.
LG  
#38 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:32:59 PM(UTC)
LG

ok found it!

you need to tick some boxes within settings of vmix its not on by default!

also for some reason the positions of the source NDI is not 0 bij default but vmix adds a small offset in the position settings screen! reset it and now your video is normal again without small black parts on the sides!

talking about SD ! not HD ( did not use HD )
GeorgeR  
#39 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:08:24 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hello Everyone,
Still playing around with NDI in vMix17. Here, everything is working very well.
Have 3 cameras imported into production i7 desktop.
Main camera directly into production desktop (XHG1s via thunderbolt).
2nd camera Logitech c920 from slave laptop #1 via NewTek NDI CONNECT application.
3rd camera Logitech c930e from slave laptop #2 via vMix17 NDI (FREE vMix package).
Even though the FREE vMix package is SD (4:3) both NDI cameras imported to the production desktop 16:9.

~George
VjMikey  
#40 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 5:18:58 AM(UTC)
VjMikey

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hello,

i have now worked with the ndi on a other macbook.
Screen looks perfect but the audio on that ndi source is the microfone.
But i need the speaker output on my vmix.

greets mike