logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dundurs  
#41 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:33:13 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
maximronkin wrote:
Just bought vMix and loving it. Using it with ATEM1 for all my graphics needs. Great software, Martin!

One question though - Is there a possibility to make video inputs play from the beginning (restart) every time I cut to them?

Warmest regards,
Max

We would also very much appreciate this feature (see post 19 on this thread).
thanks 1 user thanked dundurs for this useful post.
maximronkin on 2/27/2012(UTC)
maximronkin  
#42 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 2:32:11 PM(UTC)
maximronkin

Yes please. It would be a helpful addition.
dundurs  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:52:40 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Small, but important fix:
"8. Input Self-render check-box is currently not saved in profile. So every time user has to remember to go and uncheck it via I. This is important for HD source internet streaming as they provide 50fps, but reasonable output for internet is 25fps"

Please make it to be saved in profile.

Thanks,
Dundurs
topbunk  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:30:50 PM(UTC)
topbunk

Greetings,

After almost two months of trying vMix, I am even more convinced that it's the best video switching software!

Two things I would love to see added:

1. The ability to have two rows of input monitors instead of one so you don't have to scroll back and forth when you have many inputs.
2. The ability to add borders to Multi View overlays - a choice between black and white should be quite sufficient.

It would also be cool to use a Multi View shot as an overlay.

Keep up the good work!

Topbunk
dundurs  
#45 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 10:31:48 AM(UTC)
dundurs

I have catched blue screen a few times after someone turned off the tv which is attached to the computer via hdmi and displays vMix output (first fps drop to ~10fps, virtual device video output freezes, after trying to close vMix I get a bluescreen).
Perhaps there is a way Martin could prevent this from happening in the next version.

Thanks,
Dundurs
admin  
#46 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 10:44:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Dundurs,

Due to the lack of drivers in vMix it is actually impossible for vMix itself to cause blue screens.
These usually occur due to buggy drivers, so if your TV is causing blue screen issues I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
IceStream  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:10:03 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Not sure if it is a bug or not but I could not use the shortcut keys I set-up if the input screen was not visible in the program window, which kind of defeats the purpose of the shortcuts, so I would like to either have smaller or resizable input screens or at least have all the shortcut keys active to use like a hardware switcher. Is this possible?
IceStream  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:08:54 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Ok, my bad! Seems to work after a restart and all my inputs are now set to smallest size (200x150) which is a little better for screen real estate. I am so excited!
IceStream  
#49 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:02:29 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Looking forward to the increased features of the VideoDelay in v3, the biggest issue I had while using the current version was forgetting to restart the buffer each time and found the delay decreased with each subsequent use, similar to a video input not automatically rewinding, so my 12 second delay became a 5 or 6 second delay the next time I went to it and subsequently missed the lead up to the event. Are you looking at doing an auto reset here as well?
Also, is it possible to select another input (camera) for the delay and/or possibly have multiple videodelay instances for replay from different angles (cameras)?

Thanks,

Ice
admin  
#50 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 8:37:30 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 2012 v3 has now gone into testing so new features are now locked.
Many of the features requested have already been added so keep a look out for the final release with a complete feature list.

topbunk  
#51 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 6:32:32 PM(UTC)
topbunk

Hi Martin,

I think it would be a really good idea to have a Photoshop plug-in, even if at an additional cost.

Carlton
Famous Pictures  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:40:13 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If it's not too late to add, would it be possible to change the color and text of the active record button to RED with the word RECORDING instead of green and STOP? Quite a few times I thought I was recording but wasn't.

Thanks!
RVtv Video  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:07:02 AM(UTC)
RVtv Video

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your great work and your energy to make something different iam still testing vmix with minimal expensivehardware i build a "switcher" from an old datavideo videomixer .. i only use the casing :) .. and some usb video recorder sticks superb quality. In about 2 weeks i go commercial with vmix so i will buy a licence for that time for shure. I thougt of some features in vmix maybe it is posible to ad some chapter point on the recording file or at least a list triggerd wih one button so you can find quickly the highlights for quick editing afterwards, i been asked to make soccer game pilot video i think about doing this with vmix alone 2 cams one rigid and one moving by myself with some needed keys in reach to switch cams and recording realtime, ik think its pissible to make a high quality program on my own :) in notime.

Further

Not to much transitions i think they wont be used onlo cut disolve zoom maybe clock, backgroud color picking would be great and border color.

Thanks again

Your a friend to all of us

Regards Rijk

videojo  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:50:54 AM(UTC)
videojo

admin wrote:
vMix 2012 v3 is coming soon and while it is a smaller release there are a couple of notable new features it will include:

* Shortcut Interface for iPad, Galaxy Tab and any other touch screen mobile/tablet device.
The interface lists all the shortcuts configured in vMix as a simple grid for easy access.

* Additional Transition Effects
So far, Fly, CrossZoom and FlyRotate effects have been added, please post descriptions of the transitions you would like to see here.

The following bugs will also be fixed:

* Fixed image quality issue when recordings are scaled down on nVidia graphics cards (ATI is unaffected)
* Settings for overlay buttons 3 and 4 were lost when closing vMix.

Suggestions for small additional features not already covered elsewhere can also be posted here.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix

Hi Martin,
Regarding Station Id's you helped me by mentioning that you can create a png file with opacity set to a percentage of desired value and it works a treat.
I was wondering if at all possible if in the info of an input could you put in an opacity level 0 -100% for that input as a generic feature, that way we wouldn't have to do a lot of mucking about in Photoshop and also add opacity to other assets like video etc. and add that to program built up on the overlay inputs maybe a good spot would be the General Tab or in the positioning Tab area as this would be a great facility for Vmixers as it allows us to calibrate an opacity level for particular events outdoor as opposed to indoor, also output devices to which you know each projector in same manufacturer brand can look different as do TV sets dependent on variety of factors.
If this was added I would rate it above other things needed in program updates as it is very standard in mixers such as GV mixers etc.
Apart from this feature you have produced a great Aussie product and cant wait for V3 if you can work in this feature there's a slab in it for ya. ;) No offense intended.

Cheers
admin  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:36:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Videojo,

Customisable transparency will be in the v3 release.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
vedcom  
#56 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:11:00 AM(UTC)
vedcom

Martin,

Began testing yesterday and I'm having a "ball"! Great product.

I searched the forum and found a post about having a "Start all input button". This would be usefull; I have to video files (synced from 2 cameras) and would like to have them start at the same time so I can cut from one to the other.

Best regards
Francois
ykhwong  
#57 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:32:50 PM(UTC)
ykhwong

Hi, if you are going to build a new version of vMix with MS Visual Studio 11 (currently beta but will be officially released soon) then the following link should help.
http://tedwvc.wordpress....ns-to-run-on-windows-xp/
admin  
#58 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 9:53:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

As an update, a few additional features will be in v3 which is why it has taken a bit longer than usual.
Some of these features include:

* Fade To Black Button
* Automatic Restart on Transition option (also for overlays)
* Reload menu item for Capture and Flash
* Desktop Capture uses cursor from Windows theme
* Alpha transparency control added to Input Settings
* Mirror image toggle added to Input Settings
* Greater control over Ticker including adjustable Duration
* PowerPoint/Photos "SlideShow Setup" window including thumbnail previews
* RTMP auto reconnects to live streams
* Better performance, reliability and memory usage.

I'm heading to the NAB conference in Vegas in a few weeks so I will try to get a test version released there before then.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
melody  
#59 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 10:08:12 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

woooooow... thats great, so good luck in NAB conference.

have they some live stream available to watch?

regards and great job martin.
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
dundurs  
#60 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 2:29:38 PM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:

I'm heading to the NAB conference in Vegas in a few weeks so I will try to get a test version released there before then.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Congrats, it was about time :)