logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mauro Cesar  
#21 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2012 11:43:09 PM(UTC)
Mauro Cesar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I installed 10-inch touch screen monitor in Vmix. the diagram was well on the laptop: Projector in "VGA" LCD touch screen on the HDMI output. The laptop only choose a secondary monitor. I wanted to have the secondary monitor the output of Vmix and third monitor (touch screen) shortcuts Vmix. The tip of the Famous Picture may resolve this.

Mauro Cesar
admin  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:12:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4159 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
With regards to multiple monitors.

Hardware limitations prevent three monitors at this stage. Only the very high end AMD graphics cards support more than two outputs simultaneously and laptops only support two at a time regardless of software configuration.

Perhaps when three monitor devices become more mainstream I will look into this again.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#23 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 2:52:56 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hi,

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get RTMP audio output to render via BlackMagic Decklink Studio. I set up the input in vMix and tried different options (44,1 and 48khz) directly to Blackmagic Audio, via vMix Virtual Audio Device, via Virtual Audio cable, however in all cases the final sound level/volume (after playing the blackmagic output) keeps changing. I also tried to output the RTMP sound to a non-Blackmagic speaker and everything works perfectly. I honestly dont see what else I can try.

Here is a test stream: rtmp://live.tiesraides.lv/live/vtv_2

Dundurs
admin  
#24 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 6:30:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Can you describe further what is happening when you say the audio is changing?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#25 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 6:47:10 AM(UTC)
dundurs

The audio level/volume (as played by BM speakers) automatically goes up and down every second.
admin  
#26 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 7:21:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sounds like a possible audio cable connection issue (to the speakers) or a faulty blackmagic device.
Does it happen with any audio inputs in vMix?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#27 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 7:32:15 AM(UTC)
dundurs

I will check if it happens with any inputs.
The following conenction works fine: Playbox Airbox (automated tv playout software that plays video files) to Blackmagic Decklink output.
Famous Pictures  
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:23:31 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just wanted to say the current version of vMix is working great! No sync issues. No audio issues. No recording issues. With the addition of some of the suggestions for the next version, this program will beat all the other hands down!

Here are a few of the shows we've produced in the past few weeks in case you are interested:

http://www.cicadaclub.co...t-archive-TELEVISION.asp

Thanks!
MrFreeze  
#29 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:37:08 AM(UTC)
MrFreeze

Hay

just like to say great software, but is there any chance of custom transitions.

i don't know if this can be coded in but this could be done by having 2 colours, ie green and blue and have the different feeds placed in those colour, (or keying them in) to their respected colours.

for me that is the only thing that i am looking for other then that and this is perfect for what i do
mironhtu  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:11:55 AM(UTC)
mironhtu

Man

Is it possible to show remaining time on video playback, as I may manually transition to a different input? Thanks.
a.basso  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:39:21 AM(UTC)
a.basso

I've recently discovered vMix and I'm trying to figure out which one is best suited for my needs, vMix or Vidblaster.

I think that vMix is more flexible when it comes to create DVEs, because it allows to resize and position the inputs while Vidblaster offers only a series of predefined effects.

I see room for easy and immediate improvement in 2 aspects:

1) Include the possibility to rotate an input on the X & Y axis and not only on the Z axis.

2) Regarding the video input, it will be great to be able to change file without having to create a new video input. Let's say I have 5 commercials to insert during the show. Right now I have to create 5 different inputs. It will be a lot simpler (and it will keep the inputs line shorter) to have only one input where I can change the file to play every time. And yes, I agree that having a display with the remaining time on the clip will be awesome.

OK, I've just discovered the VIDEO LIST input type. I'm quite an idiot...
melody  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:46:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi a.basso, welcome to vmix forum...

as an ex-vidblaster user i can tell you that vmix is definitly better than vidblaster. comparing vmix and vidblaster performance settings, vmix simply allow you to make a great production with a great final result and you dont need a very high end machine like vidblaster does.

however, for ethic resons, is not good idea to talk about another software... let this work for a company or entity that is empowered and willing to bring us a diagnostic test between Vmix and similar software... would be interessant see results :)

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
watchfulone  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:47:38 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
watchfulone wrote:
a.basso wrote:
I've recently discovered vMix and I'm trying to figure out which one is best suited for my needs, vMix or Vidblaster.

I think that vMix is more flexible when it comes to create DVEs, because it allows to resize and position the inputs while Vidblaster offers only a series of predefined effects.

I see room for easy and immediate improvement in 2 aspects:

1) Include the possibility to rotate an input on the X & Y axis and not only on the Z axis.

2) Regarding the video input, it will be great to be able to change file without having to create a new video input. Let's say I have 5 commercials to insert during the show. Right now I have to create 5 different inputs. It will be a lot simpler (and it will keep the inputs line shorter) to have only one input where I can change the file to play every time. And yes, I agree that having a display with the remaining time on the clip will be awesome.

OK, I've just discovered the VIDEO LIST input type. I'm quite an idiot...

Please don`t even mention such a software, and worst to compare it with vMix, vMix is the a far better software to use.
dundurs  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:57:32 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Hello, Martin,

I wanted to report a strange activity with dropped frames:
After an hour of working with two usb sticks (hauppauge live2) the active (live) usb capture device tends to drop some frames, which is also clearly visible. When I change it to preview, there are no drops I could notice visually, whenever I change it back to live, there are a few drops and it can also be noticed visually. Also this is true only for one of the two usb capture devices.
Any ideas what could be causing this?

Dundurs
dundurs  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:48:04 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Also is there any way you can make the vMix virtual audio devie work with FMLECMD in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode? VAC is the source of changing audio delay and Im hoping vMix virtual audio device would solve this problem (Stereo Mix also solves, however when using Stereo Mix, we cannot mute computer sound + all computer sounds are used)
admin  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:37:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Dundurs,

In response to the USB issue, do you have the Virtual GenLock enabled for both inputs?
If so click the i button on the device that is dropping frames and look at the numbers in brackets next to the Virtual GenLock tick box.
If the first number is high it means the capture device itself is dropping frames, maybe due to the limited bandwidth on the USB bus.
(Make sure both devices are on separate USB cards)

As for the vMix Virtual Audio Device, it will support the XP compatibility mode in Windows 7 in the next release.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
melody  
#37 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:00:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

well, with so many changes in this new v3 i think we hopping a great release from martin. keep working, we apreciate your dedication and your hard job, you are an example for us.

thank you martin to make our lifes better with vmix.

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
dundurs  
#38 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 3:59:41 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Hi Dundurs,

In response to the USB issue, do you have the Virtual GenLock enabled for both inputs?
If so click the i button on the device that is dropping frames and look at the numbers in brackets next to the Virtual GenLock tick box.
If the first number is high it means the capture device itself is dropping frames, maybe due to the limited bandwidth on the USB bus.
(Make sure both devices are on separate USB cards)

As for the vMix Virtual Audio Device, it will support the XP compatibility mode in Windows 7 in the next release.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

No, I dont have virtual genlock enabled.
Im also leaning towards the PCI bus issue, however the strange issue was that preview window looks fine, while live window drops frames. Do you know any software I can use to measure pci bus speed/available capacity in real time?
maximronkin  
#39 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 9:13:31 AM(UTC)
maximronkin

Just bought vMix and loving it. Using it with ATEM1 for all my graphics needs. Great software, Martin!

One question though - Is there a possibility to make video inputs play from the beginning (restart) every time I cut to them?

Warmest regards,
Max
admin  
#40 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 11:42:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Max,

That feature is not in the current version but can be added for the next release.

Regards,

Martin
vMix