logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HighViewSport  
#21 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 6:57:24 PM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the help. Hope this works :)
IceStream  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 7:29:32 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
doggy wrote:
Quote:
How do you do a post that shows those quote phrases with dotted lines around the text that user do?

copy the text you want to be quoted, start your reply post, click on the 4th icon form left on top ( the one that says quote when you hover over it ) and paste between quote and slash quote

@ doggy

You don't get that option if you use the 'quick reply' feature...
Using the 'Post Reply' button brings you to full featured reply window.
Also clicking on 'Quote' icon will bring you to the full feature reply window

Ice
jkmakela  
#23 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 7:33:39 PM(UTC)
jkmakela

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Angle and event selection make now sense to me and shortcuts/buttons to jump to next/previous angle or event as selected. Thank you. Fast action.

Would be great if other angle selections of the same event could be marked/ticked during the first angle replay to output. Now if I try to tick the camera 2 during camera 1 replay it starts the camera 1 replay again.

I'll be able to test more end of the week after ISE Amsterdam.
Rinsky  
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:14:34 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
admin wrote:

There are two ways to adjust times:

1. Click and drag left or right the In or Out numbers in the list
2. Create one or more shortcut keys to move the selected event In or Out points by a number of frames

I don't own a ShuttlePRO v2, but is it also possible to adjust the event time with it or is it only possible in these two ways?
IceStream  
#25 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:41:08 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Rinsky

I would assume that the ShuttlePro v2 takes advantage of the "shortcut keys" function to operate.
My ShuttlePro v2 should arrive in less than a week so I will let you know.

Ice
IceStream  
#26 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 11:01:03 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

My ShuttlePro v2 has arrived and I really like the functionality the jog wheels provide with vMix Replay.
I had initially tried to 'program' it without realizing that the jog wheels are already pre-configured to work with vMix 'right out of the box'.
Fantastic!
(Kinda weirded me out at first cuz it messed up the performance since I tried to tie it to the mouse wheel)

Note to everyone: don't mess with the jog wheel settings...
The way Martin has it configured is perfect!
Also, all the configuration is done within vMix 'Shortcuts' settings;

http://www.vmixhd.com/replayhelp/

The only suggestion at this point (I think it has already been requested) is to have a FastForward progression on 'Shuttle Right' 6 & 7.
So far I am very impressed with the support you have provided Martin!
Simply outstanding.

Ice
thanks 2 users thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Rinsky on 2/20/2015(UTC), Innomedia on 2/21/2015(UTC)
tdurhamjr  
#27 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:48:04 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Martin,
Can you add a shortcut called "ReplayPlayAllEvent" that would play all events in the current event view?

This can be done via the "Play Event drop down menu" on the screen but no shortcut is available. This way I can either move various clips to a particular event (1,2,3 or 4) if desired and I can do a quick filter based on tags and "play all" in a few clicks.

Lets say you have a player who is hot and hitting many 3 point shots. I have a tag for all of the main players. As I grab a 3 or 5 second clip of each 3 point I will add the tag "3PT PlayerX", 3PT PlayerY, etc. Now if it is a timeout and my commentators are talking about PlayerX I could very quickly with shortcut clicks bring up and play the whole list of clips of PlayerX while they are talking about him/her. But currently I would have to use mouse and keyboard to select all the clips after I run the filter and not enough time for that.

In basketball and other sports the action is so fast that replays were not too feasible using video delay but now it is very feasible with the instant replay module :)

Thanks, Tim
tdurhamjr  
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:53:30 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Ice,
Dito on jog wheel setup. Curious on your thoughts. The jog wheel and mouse wheel both adjust the playback speed :( I always use my mouse wheel all day for everything, it is just part of the mouse. But now the mouse wheel adjusts the playback speed as well as the jog wheel. I am finding myself constantly adjusting the playback speed because I am trying to use my mouse wheel. I am hoping that Martin could make the jog wheel adjust the playback speed but not the mouse wheel. Not sure if this is possible or if anyone else has any issue with it.

Tim
IceStream  
#29 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 5:50:36 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ tdurhamjr

There are two shortcuts: "ReplayPlaySelectedEvents" and "ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput" but you still need to highlight the clips with the mouse.

http://www.vmixhd.com/replayhelp/

Agreed that using the mouse for scrolling anywhere else in the GUI messes up the playback speed unintentionally, at least with jog wheel you are aware of it...
I would like a shortcut key to set a specific default speed (probably 50%) that could be used to trigger that speed every time the "replay" transitions to output and then override it as necessary once playing with the Shuttle and Jog wheels.

Ice

tdurhamjr  
#30 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:21:58 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

IceStream wrote:
@ tdurhamjr

There are two shortcuts: "ReplayPlaySelectedEvents" and "ReplayPlaySelectedEventToOutput" but you still need to highlight the clips with the mouse.

Ice

But I want to be able to play the whole list without manually selecting all of them. If during an event you are constantly tagging your clips with TAGS, then you could actually have a shortcut to filter the clips with a certain tag and then Play All of those clips (if the shortcut is there). So that is why I was asking Martin if he can add a shortcut for that. It is an option available by manually selecting it, we just need a shortcut for it :)

And hopefully he will be able to disable the mouse wheel from changing the playback speed too.

Tim
Bardos  
#31 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:07:35 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I have just downloaded and was testing the new preview, and all was going well, when it became very unstable, and even closing was proving difficult. I had to force close it through the task manager....but I like the idea of having the inputs numbered...now I have an option of names or just numbers, good for when using the ipad or other plugin control surfaces that only have numbered buttons.....just have to try to get it working ok again....don't know what I did wrong....

UPDATE: Just stopped loading my presets from previous setups, and am using a completely new one, and all seems to be working ok for now...will run some checks and see if I run into any bugs....so far, so good....

JUST A NOTE: I could be wrong, but in earlier versions of vMix, 9, 10, and I think 11, when I did adjustments to my inputs, they would show in the pop out and input windows before committing to output..now, I have to look at the preview or output window to see the adjustments ... like I said, I could be wrong...

Another thing, I noticed that since updating from ver 11., I get a lot of dropped frames, and can not seem to find the reason...
admin  
#32 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:31:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Bardos,

Please provide the full system specifications of the PC you are using, the number and type of inputs etc
and also what the Output Size and Frame Rate is set to in settings.

Also let me know where you are seeing the frame drops.

As I have mentioned before, setting 59.94i in settings is twice the frame as as 29.94p/59.94i is in vMix 11
so if you don't need interlaced output set this to 25p or 29.97p.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Bardos on 2/23/2015(UTC)
Bardos  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 7:21:54 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

I will reset to 29.97p, and see what happens........I am using a laptop for the recordings, unto an external usb2 hard drive.....do not have the specs at hand, but I know it is a duo core, 1.8g, 1g ram....I worked great with ver.10 and 11., just that 14 seems to be a bit heavier on the cpu usage, or the graphic card, since this program uses GPU more.....but I like the numbers on the inputs....Is there a way to make them larger...just asking, not that it is important...
Bardos  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:33:11 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

I did a recording at my church on Sunday, and the frame drop was terrible...in less than one hour, i had over 265 dropped frames, using 30p, and worse during 29.97p.....I think I will try to use 59.94i, and see what happens, as I am using SD NTSC.....I record to an external hard drive so as to avoid write issues....

I am using a Compaq laptop, and like I said earlier, never had this issue with ver. 9, 10., no5 11.....

Core2 Duo, 1 GB Ram
admin  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:43:23 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Could you please email us a copy of the recording log file.
The graphics performance has actually improved since vMix 11, so my guess is the settings are different and the log
file will provide some help.

Note that recording to an external drive can cause write issues, especially if connected via USB 2.0.
But again, send us the log file for further analysis.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Bardos on 2/24/2015(UTC)
Bardos  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:52:01 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

Her are two logs...The first was earlier, and the second was later in the afternoon...
Bardos  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:00:45 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

I have just sent an email, but one question, can setting too high a buffer cause frame drop?
admin  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:07:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes, that is a possibility.
Also, based on the log files it sounds like the GPU was not able to keep up with the frame rate.

Check to make sure the frame rate set for the capture device, the recording and in the main vMix settings all match (either 29.97p or 30p depending on camera)
And that the CPU is not over 60% while recording and the render time is under 20ms.

It might be best to reset the settings to default as well, as there are a number of settings that if changed from the default may cause
big problems especially on older systems. The defaults are tweaked for best performance.
Bardos on 2/24/2015(UTC)
Bardos  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:15:29 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

While I awaiting your reply, I did a test, about just over 11 mins., and I am using the internal drive....no dropped frames as yet......it is still running, so I will repost my results after 30 mins of recording.

Update:... I have just noticed that I am running a Render time of between 25 and 33
Bardos  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:38:16 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

Ok, I have just finished doing a 30 mins. recording directly to the internal HD, and i found that the program runs smoother, Render time:25-33, CPU:40-52. Settings:30p, but I noticed that it had a default in Record Settings of 29.97, so I am now doing another 30 mins. test at 29.97p for all ... will report back when finished......

Update: Did another recording for 37 mins. with only 2 dropped frames, with all settings at 29.97

UPDATE: Did the recording using 29.97, same results......2 dropped frames in over 40 mins....will have to do another test with 2 or 3 cameras, do some switching to see what will happen.....