logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpeg2RAW  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:37:03 AM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Been testing vMix for over a week now and have been loving it. About a dozen test streams, tons of local recordings and not a single issue, until last night right before a live show.

Like I always do, I reboot the computers that are part of the broadcast about an hour before the show. Everything was working fine before then, but when I pulled up vMix64 this is what I get:

UserPostedImage

Tried rebooting again and again, but still getting the same results, vmix64 will not load. Strange thing is, vMix32 loads and runs just fine.
ask  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:25:59 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Try an uninstall and re-install. There may be something else on your machine that has caused this. You will see similar behaviors with other programs at times. Re-installation is usually successful.
jpeg2RAW  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:52:14 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I tried one more thing before un-installing and re-installing. While I had done many reboots, none of them fixing the problem, I had not shut down the system and turned off the power. Just did that and it's all back up and running great again. I guess reboots don't clear everything and sometimes you just need to totally shut off the computer. Before you ask, yes I leave my computers running 24/7, although I do let them go into sleep mode eventually.

Just wanted to post an update to my issue in case someone reads this later and wonders how I solved it.