logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jello  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2024 2:04:15 PM(UTC)
jello

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I need a method for either accessing the zoomchat data directly... or to add functionality allowing someone to call the last X rows.

I am trying to create a giant running chat window (a vertical 80" display) that our faculty can see while they are teaching... the last 10 or so chats, newest on top.

Currently, Zoomchat is just presented as a datasource. We can access the chats one row at a time, but we can't do anything more because there is no file or accessible source to manipulate by script... as there would be for other datasources xml, google sheets, etc.

For my purposes, I just need a way to get at the data... I can figure something out from there.

But it would be nicer if there were some multi-line data display options in vMix like "display Last X rows" or other filters, sql command or whatever.

(If this is sounding familiar, we talked about it at NAB.)

Thank you!
spinfold  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2024 4:15:18 PM(UTC)
spinfold

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jello Go to Quoted Post
I need a method for either accessing the zoomchat data directly... or to add functionality allowing someone to call the last X rows.

I am trying to create a giant running chat window (a vertical 80" display) that our faculty can see while they are teaching... the last 10 or so chats, newest on top.

Currently, Zoomchat is just presented as a datasource. We can access the chats one row at a time, but we can't do anything more because there is no file or accessible source to manipulate by script... as there would be for other datasources xml, google sheets, etc.

For my purposes, I just need a way to get at the data... I can figure something out from there.

But it would be nicer if there were some multi-line data display options in vMix like "display Last X rows" or other filters, sql command or whatever.

Thank you!

I haven't used Zoom chat data as a datasource, but I have before used the same datasource to show multiple rows, by adding the datasource multiple times in the data manager. Is that something you can do with the Zoom chat data source?
Josemite  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2024 7:29:42 AM(UTC)
Josemite

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've been trying to figure out a way to pull this off too. If I could somehow sort where the last chat comment was instead the 1st line in the data source (instead of the last, as it is now) it would be simple. The problem that I can't work around is that the latest comment appends vs prepends, so it's always a different row number.

Of course I can get the latest one to show up with auto-next, but I can't get the latest 5 or 10 chats to stay up. As I'd need to lock in what rows they were, but that is always changing.

An option to prepend vs append would solve it, or some other kind of persistent sorting option for like time.

Originally Posted by: spinfold Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jello Go to Quoted Post

Thank you!

I haven't used Zoom chat data as a datasource, but I have before used the same datasource to show multiple rows, by adding the datasource multiple times in the data manager. Is that something you can do with the Zoom chat data source?