logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
liesports  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2024 2:59:48 PM(UTC)
liesports

Groups: Registered
United States

I finished adding shortcuts for all of our esports broadcast scenes. Everything worked beautifully. I shut down the computer and returned the next day. The stream deck is set to auto-start on computer startup and did so. I launched vMix and the stream deck thumb nails stayed checkerboard instead of showing our live preview. Pressing the stream deck buttons brings up a yellow triangle which is supposed to indicate no connection to the shortcut. In vMixl, when I click "find" while setting up a new shortcut, the button push changes nothing. It seems vMix is not recognizing the stream deck. I found a post somewhere that suggested reverting the stream deck back to version 5.3.3. This changed nothing. Any ideas?
congoblue  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2024 1:04:46 AM(UTC)
congoblue

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have had this happen too. Occasionally when the VMix computer is started up, the Streamdeck has no communication to VMix.

In my case, rebooting the computer fixes it, and it's always a rush to get the livestream running so I have not got to the bottom of what is the cause, because I cannot then reproduce it. I've gone over to using API commands from streamdeck because I have found the VMix plugin to be unreliable, also if you change the Streamdeck profile you have to recreate all the shortcuts which is not ideal.

It might be worth also adding an exception to your firewall for VMix and for Streamdeck as the communication uses websockets which could get blocked by firewall.

SDKUCSS  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 11:23:51 PM(UTC)
SDKUCSS

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Happens to me from time to time. No big deal, the vMix computer simply had a brain fart with the little ones and zeros getting confused. Simply close vMix and restart your computer and relaunch vMix. I’m in the habit of closing vMix and restarting my computer every so often. This way the computer memory gets refreshed. I do it first thing when I sit down way before the show starts. Of course I also backup and save all my vMix settings both as a bundle and as a preset file any time I make any changes. That way I’m opening the latest show settings.

Another thing I do way before show time is to do a little fax where I press a few Stream Deck buttons to make sure it’s communicating with vMix. If I see a yellow triangle, I still have plenty of time to restart.

Of course you can always stop the automatic shutdown and restart and just do it manually.
mgrayeb  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2024 12:32:17 PM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Have you opened the Stream Deck app before opening vMix? If I remember correctly, that order of operations is important.