logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sphbecker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 4:37:23 AM(UTC)
sphbecker

Groups: Registered
United States

I am considering buying vMix to replace OBS for our quarterly company broadcast. I downloaded the trial and everything works as expected, however, I am unsure if I will need HD or 4K for my external output needs.
I wish there was a way to set the trial to simulate a specific edition for testing purposes.

I need 1 Fullscreen output and 1 External (NDI) output, which according to the doc, HD supports 1 of each, so at first glace that seems like it would work.
However, in the trail version, I see that External 1 is tied to the Program/broadcast output; I want something different for that output and I am using External 2 to send a specific input.

Should I assume that the HD version disables External 2 and that I only get External 1? If so, that doesn't work for me.
If it disabled External 1 and gave me the flexibility of External 2, then that would work, but I kind of doubt it works that way.

Other than this one question, all my other needs are met by HD.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I can get $350 approved, but would hate to spend that and then have to go back and ask for more.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2023 4:48:24 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sphbecker Go to Quoted Post
I am considering buying vMix to replace OBS for our quarterly company broadcast. I downloaded the trial and everything works as expected, however, I am unsure if I will need HR or 4K for my external output needs.
I wish there was a way to set the trial to simulate a specific edition for testing purposes.

I need 1 Fullscreen output and 1 External (NDI) output, which according to the doc, HD supports 1 of each, so at first glace that seems like it would work.
However, in the trail version, I see that External 1 is tied to the Program/broadcast output; I want something different for that output and I am using External 2 to send a specific input.

Should I assume that the HD version disables External 2 and that I only get External 1? If so, that doesn't work for me.
If it disabled External 1 and gave me the flexibility of External 2, then that would work, but I kind of doubt it works that way.

Other than this one question, all my other needs are met by HD.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I can get $350 approved, but would hate to spend that and then have to go back and ask for more.

Hello. Yes in HD version it is disabled the 2nd external output so you cant do what you need. Output1/external1 is tied to program/stream/external in all vmix versions. If you need to send something else in other location than your master program.you will need to use external 2-4 that are not availiable in HD version. Also from vmix 27 that is in beta release for now, we will have 4 external outputs as 2-4 outputs will do also hw external output but in HD version it will continue the 1 external
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
sphbecker on 12/27/2023(UTC)