logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tcconway  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 11:53:21 AM(UTC)
tcconway

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I just started sending a program feed/output via a Blackmagic Quad 2 card.

When I hit the External button, I can see the video/audio coming into my external video recorder. All looks great.

THEN...60 minutes later, the audio cuts out. The meters within vMix show it is sending External audio. Even my Master and BusA are showing meters. But the external video recorder loses audio. I'm also sending NDI out, and that does not drop audio. During the 60 minutes, I don't touch the PC. Screensaver and power save is off.

I have swapped SDI cables and swapped external devices. The audio still cuts out after 60 minutes. I have to click External to turn off the output, wait a beat and click the External button for it to come back (for another 60 minutes)

Any suggestions?

Thanks
tcconway  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 12:30:16 AM(UTC)
tcconway

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Update: I'm testing it all day to figure out what's going on. It just cut out after 23 minutes, instead of the 60 minutes before.

GPU/CPU are both under 11%. Total averages 6%

Thanks!

ask  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 8:06:26 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Sounds like an issue with your BM card. Try connecting your recorder directly to your graphics card via HDMI.
GHdrumstick  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2020 1:29:29 PM(UTC)
GHdrumstick

United States

I had the same issue as tcconway on location for a multi-camera livestream. Running vMix 23.0.0.66 on i7 6-core | 32 GB RAM | Quadro P2200 graphics BMD Quad 2 - 8 port i/o card.
I experienced audio cut-out repeatedly on the external output after about 90 seconds. Project was set up for 1080P 29.97. wasn't streaming or recording when this happened. CPU at 10%.

Back at my studio I could not replicate the problem. The only difference during my studio test is that I did not have the three camera inputs engaged. I wonder if the capture card glitched because of the 3 camera inputs? Anyway, I thought I should post this for reference sake since at least one other person had the same issue.
Danny.H706  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 1:49:13 AM(UTC)
Danny.H706

United States

Hey I have been doing this for about 2 years now. we have 11 Active vmix machines, some with decklink duo and some decklink quad cards. the issue seems to vary across all my builds. 5 of the 11 are the SAME exact builds. RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 16 gb ram AND 1 tb m.2 dRIVES.

After lots of testing, 3 out of 5 of my identical machines didn't drop audio after outputting on external for 1 week. 1 machine drops roughly at the 10 hour mark and another one dropped after about 55 minutes (sometimes More). I tested outputting on OBS via the Decklink quad cards from these same machines and Audio did not drop after a week of running. My next test would be to try a different SDI capture card like AJA Corvid or something. Anybody have any new ideas about this?
sinc747  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 1:11:05 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Sounds like a bug. Report it to vMix HQ.

Best wishes.

- Tom
Salvatore  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2023 4:36:09 PM(UTC)
Salvatore

Italy

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
We have nearly the same issue. We have to start external output twice or even three times, because otherwise the sound is disturbed.

Check also this post:

https://forums.vmix.com/...fline-after-vMIX-restart
cchhita  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2023 11:49:25 PM(UTC)
cchhita

United States

Originally Posted by: Danny.H706 Go to Quoted Post
Hey I have been doing this for about 2 years now. we have 11 Active vmix machines, some with decklink duo and some decklink quad cards. the issue seems to vary across all my builds. 5 of the 11 are the SAME exact builds. RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 16 gb ram AND 1 tb m.2 dRIVES.

After lots of testing, 3 out of 5 of my identical machines didn't drop audio after outputting on external for 1 week. 1 machine drops roughly at the 10 hour mark and another one dropped after about 55 minutes (sometimes More). I tested outputting on OBS via the Decklink quad cards from these same machines and Audio did not drop after a week of running. My next test would be to try a different SDI capture card like AJA Corvid or something. Anybody have any new ideas about this?

Same issue here.
Decklink card with VMIX fails, but with OBS there are no issues, even if running over multiple days.
We were asked to do a test using VMIX with a clean profile, and it still the same issue.

Is anyone else having the same issue where the audio just completely dies when sending over the Decklink cards? All is fine going out via NDI, Dante etc but fails over SDI on the Decklink, and Only in VMIX, not OBS.
dswerd  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2023 2:36:13 PM(UTC)
dswerd

Yep, having the same issue here on two separate machines. Vmix is showing levels on the external output in the mixer, but after a variable amount of time (sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes after a few hours) the audio will cut out.