logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

26 Pages«<1920212223>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#401 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2023 1:57:15 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: quarantechno Go to Quoted Post
Hey, the last weeks i Looked for a Recording automation but im not realy good in scripting and found not the solution there i looked for. Maybe you could help me?

Step 1 Check a Input with 2 Text cherakters. Name.Text

The name of an input or retrieve from a title for example ?
Yes is possible, there are examples to adapt from in this thread !

Quote:

Step 2 Write this Characters down in my Recorder Pathfile with a Seperator between thes Names

one can not put Write this Characters down in my Recorder Pathfile from a script, will have to rename the recording after the recording stops

Quote:

Step 3 Start the Recording

one can start a recording. Check the shortcut reference list , thise are the same function usable within a script

Quote:

Step 4 if the datasource of the Character from Step 1 Changed and the Recording is Stoped Start by Step1

Yup can do that too, check like step 1 and compare if there is a difference to initiate a next step ( or not)

Quote:

Is this Possible?

Yes but need to change the process logic/order a bit
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
quarantechno on 5/5/2023(UTC)
quarantechno  
#402 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2023 2:29:13 AM(UTC)
quarantechno

Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Hey, the last weeks i Looked for a Recording automation but im not realy good in scripting and found not the solution there i looked for. Maybe you could help me?

Step 1 Check a Input with 2 Text cherakters. Name.Text

The name of an input or retrieve from a title for example ?
Yes is possible, there are examples to adapt from in this thread !

i got ah Title gtzip tehre are Team1.text and team2.text. These Information i need to get.

Quote:

Step 2 Write this Characters down in my Recorder Pathfile with a Seperator between thes Names

one can not put Write this Characters down in my Recorder Pathfile from a script, will have to rename the recording after the recording stops

did i understand it right, that i couldn automaticly past the Team Texts in the path? Thats the Mainfeature i'm looking for :P The other option did i found and i Think i could connect all together.

Quote:

Step 3 Start the Recording

one can start a recording. Check the shortcut reference list , thise are the same function usable within a script

Quote:

Step 4 if the datasource of the Character from Step 1 Changed and the Recording is Stoped Start by Step1

Yup can do that too, check like step 1 and compare if there is a difference to initiate a next step ( or not)

Quote:

Is this Possible?

Yes but need to change the process logic/order a bit

i got a little hope, that someone could script me this feature completle, because i don't understand the diffrent Function option in Vmix exactly.

doggy  
#403 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2023 3:08:01 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Hey, the last weeks i Looked for a Recording automation but im not realy good in scripting and found not the solution there i looked for. ?

How did you look and where ? if one googles "vmix renaming recordings" the result is multiple mentions to vMix forum post for this

Is why this thread was posted with lots of examples (amongst other posts) to try out in order to learn scripting . same for using shortcuts , try and learn to understand pls

Quote:

i got ah Title gtzip tehre are Team1.text and team2.text. These Information i need to get.

There are examples here that retrieve exactly the information one could need for use in a script

Quote:

did i understand it right, that i couldn automaticly past the Team Texts in the path? Thats the Mainfeature i'm looking for :P The other option did i found and i Think i could connect all together.

again no , can NOT name the recording file with a function
so same answer as before "will have to rename the recorded file AFTER the recording stops"

Quote:

i got a little hope, that someone could script me this feature completle,

Of course LOL. A custom script ;-)

the logic you are looking for:

stop the recording (or let the script check if recording has actually stopped before proceeding)
read the data needed (name from within a title)
search for the last recorded file ( example in the knowledge base)
rename or copy that found file named with the data retrieved before
Step 4 can be added (check change of name within the title) for extra functionality starting the renaming process
for extra safety build in a process to check if renamed file allready exists to add a number to the name for example to avoid erasing the previous exsisitng recording with the same name
quarantechno on 5/5/2023(UTC)
quarantechno  
#404 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2023 3:23:24 AM(UTC)
quarantechno

Germany

ah, nice thanks for your Help. Now i get the Logic i needed. Sometimes there are the Simple things :)

doggy  
#405 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2023 5:53:25 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

from a recent post

https://forums.vmix.com/...-2-sources-with-shortcut

adapting this script using overlays

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post71167

for use with layers instead

SwapLayer.jpg (75kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
dmwkr on 5/26/2023(UTC)
JasperHendrickx  
#406 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2023 6:30:06 PM(UTC)
JasperHendrickx

Belgium

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to scripting for vMix (and scripting in general).

I'm looking for a script that writes the current recordingtime to a text document (or logfile) whenever a certain text value changes. And it would be even better if it also writes the new text value next to the recordingtime.

I allready tried this:
Function=WriteDurationToRecordingLog&Input=brugge-agendapunten.gtzip&Value=&SelectedName=TextBlock1.Text&Index=0

But i don't know what the Value should be...

Many thanks in regards.
doggy  
#407 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2023 6:52:09 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: JasperHendrickx Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to scripting for vMix (and scripting in general).

I'm looking for a script that writes the current recordingtime to a text document (or logfile) whenever a certain text value changes. And it would be even better if it also writes the new text value next to the recordingtime.

I allready tried this:
Function=WriteDurationToRecordingLog&Input=brugge-agendapunten.gtzip&Value=&SelectedName=TextBlock1.Text&Index=0

But i don't know what the Value should be...

Many thanks in regards.

Don't mix function into one another and consider using vb.net as your scripting . have a browse through this entire post(subject)
The recording time itself can also be pulled from the API XML as can the text value
JasperHendrickx  
#408 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2023 7:27:02 PM(UTC)
JasperHendrickx

Belgium

I just found someone had the exact same question as me.

https://forums.vmix.com/...d-a-YouTube-TOC---SOLVED

This would do the trick if only the text value could change to, because now it would just print the same text value over and over again.
doggy  
#409 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2023 8:22:50 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

This would do the trick if only the text value could change to, because now it would just print the same text value over and over again.

The scripts need to poll on a regular basis (loop) the text value and if changed (no same s before as there is no trigger for this available) use tha new value for your WriteDurationToRecordingLog function
Overal it would be better to write the info to regular txt file to avoid having to extract the result from the log file
see bfore in this thread https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post81326 for writing to a custom file

fully automated logic ( continuos running script):

do while
check text value in title from api xml
if changed check recording time from API XML; write info to a file
loop
justinheatindex  
#410 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 6:57:30 AM(UTC)
justinheatindex

United States

Hello, 

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with a script I'm trying to troubleshoot. I've gotten this far with the help of this thread + ChatGPT but only have a baseline understanding of code (not a coder myself). 

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a Data Source feeding into a title input named "title" from a Google Sheet. This Data Source is essentially pulling a cell that is a sum / total counting up as things are added to my Google Sheets as a running total. I want my script to continually run / monitor this input until it reaches the value of 10,000. At 10,000 I want it to trigger an overlay with a video file, and then end once the value is over 10,050.

The Script currently saves okay, and runs but it never triggers the overlay, and it also does not end when the value gets above 10,050. I'm unsure if the issue is how I'm writing the Input.Find command, pulling in the title input and its subsequent Message.text text (which is where the data source is populating) or what. All I know is the issue seems to be in the script not recognizing when the value is updating. I also attempted this with a different title input that was not linked to a Data Source and that too did not work.

Here's my code. Any help is much appreciated! 

Do
    Dim value as String = Input.Find("title").text("Message.Text")

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(value) AndAlso CInt(value) = 10000 Then
        API.Function("OverlayInput1In", Input:="win")
        Exit Do  ' Exit the loop when the condition is met
    End If

' Sleep for a short duration to avoid excessive CPU usage
    Sleep(1000) ' Sleep for 1 second

Loop While True  ' Continue looping indefinitely

Thank you
Roy Sinclair  
#411 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 8:47:22 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: justinheatindex Go to Quoted Post
Hello, 

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with a script I'm trying to troubleshoot. I've gotten this far with the help of this thread + ChatGPT but only have a baseline understanding of code (not a coder myself). 

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a Data Source feeding into a title input named "title" from a Google Sheet. This Data Source is essentially pulling a cell that is a sum / total counting up as things are added to my Google Sheets as a running total. I want my script to continually run / monitor this input until it reaches the value of 10,000. At 10,000 I want it to trigger an overlay with a video file, and then end once the value is over 10,050.

The Script currently saves okay, and runs but it never triggers the overlay, and it also does not end when the value gets above 10,050. I'm unsure if the issue is how I'm writing the Input.Find command, pulling in the title input and its subsequent Message.text text (which is where the data source is populating) or what. All I know is the issue seems to be in the script not recognizing when the value is updating. I also attempted this with a different title input that was not linked to a Data Source and that too did not work.

Here's my code. Any help is much appreciated! 

Do
    Dim value as String = Input.Find("title").text("Message.Text")

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(value) AndAlso CInt(value) > 10050 Then
        API.Function("OverlayInput1In", Input:="win")
        Exit Do  ' Exit the loop when the condition is met
    End If

' Sleep for a short duration to avoid excessive CPU usage
    Sleep(1000) ' Sleep for 1 second

Loop While True  ' Continue looping indefinitely

Thank you

I changed the condition and the terminal value since you said you wanted greater than 10,050 and yet was checking for exactly equal to 10,000 which means the script would have to catch it at exactly equal to the terminal value otherwise it would continue to run long after the terminal value was reached.
thanks 2 users thanked Roy Sinclair for this useful post.
doggy on 6/10/2023(UTC), justinheatindex on 6/13/2023(UTC)
doggy  
#412 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2023 11:42:41 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

can be started before a recordng is initiated or in combination with startrecording shortcut (same for stopping)
RecLogData.jpg (128kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Mr.Shamil  
#413 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 9:53:45 PM(UTC)
Mr.Shamil

Azerbaijan

Hi, there.
I have tried numerous times to Send text Box content form vb.net to vMix , whereas I did not achieved what I want to.

I would like to SEND Text Box content(typed by operator) just by clicking on a Button to vMix (added Title, SelectedName)

Hope someone will help me with that

example.PNG (7kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
VB.net.PNG (5kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
doggy  
#414 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 10:05:18 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: Mr.Shamil Go to Quoted Post
Hi, there.
I have tried numerous times to Send text Box content form vb.net to vMix , whereas I did not achieved what I want to.

I would like to SEND Text Box content(typed by operator) just by clicking on a Button to vMix (added Title, SelectedName)

ANd how/what did you try? Did you tell the button what to do like sending a httprequest with a vMix function of the textbox content?
Mr.Shamil on 6/11/2023(UTC)
Mr.Shamil  
#415 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 10:11:02 PM(UTC)
Mr.Shamil

Azerbaijan

Hi, there.

ANd how/what did you try? Did you tell the button what to do like sending a httprequest with a vMix function of the textbox content?

Well, I tired to send HTTP request wwith GET method it was successful , was able to send static text , whereas I have searched for Text Box function but was not able , is it possible to carry out it ?
doggy  
#416 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 10:19:22 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

whereas I have searched for Text Box function but was not able , is it possible to carry out it ?

Assume you wan the text typed in the textbox to be send to a vMix title. reading the textbox content and put it in a variable or put the result into another operation (like sending it to vMix) is very basic vb.net stuff . One litterally gets hundreds of results when one googles "textbox vb.net" and many examlpes of what one can do with the textbox content . can not understand your searching didnt help you

While one can use the same language ( vb.net) this thread is about using it within vMix scripting, not visual studio form creations etc .One can not always do what the other can and vica versa
Mr.Shamil  
#417 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 10:55:37 PM(UTC)
Mr.Shamil

Azerbaijan

whereas I have searched for Text Box function but was not able , is it possible to carry out it ?

Assume you wan the text typed in the textbox to be send to a vMix title. reading the textbox content and put it in a variable or put the result into another operation (like sending it to vMix) is very basic vb.net stuff . One litterally gets hundreds of results when one googles "textbox vb.net" and many examlpes of what one can do with the textbox content . can not understand your searching didnt help you

While one can use the same language ( vb.net) this thread is about using it within vMix scripting, not visual studio form creations etc .One can not always do what the other can and vica versa

Thanks for your respond.

That is correct , as early mentioned I would like to accomplish integration vMix with VB.net so as to the text box which will be filled with texts by operator will be sent to a specific field of titile in vMix. Actually, I have found numerous videos and was able to test them , and one main thing is that I was not able to integrate vMix with VB.net to accomplish mentioned procedures.

Thanks for your time.
doggy  
#418 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 11:05:49 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Thanks for your respond.

That is correct , as early mentioned I would like to accomplish integration vMix with VB.net so as to the text box which will be filled with texts by operator will be sent to a specific field of titile in vMix. Actually, I have found numerous videos and was able to test them , and one main thing is that I was not able to integrate vMix with VB.net to accomplish mentioned procedures.

Thanks for your time.

There is an example of this on the first page of this thread !

Code:
 Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim client As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("http://127.0.0.1:8088/api/?Function=SetText&Input=Title.gtzip&SelectedName=Headline.Text&Value=" & TextBox1.Text)
        Dim response As WebResponse = client.GetResponse()
        response.Close()

End Sub
Mr.Shamil  
#419 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 11:09:40 PM(UTC)
Mr.Shamil

Azerbaijan

Thanks for your respond.

Thanks for your time.

Code:
 Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim client As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("http://127.0.0.1:8088/api/?Function=SetText&Input=Title.gtzip&SelectedName=Headline.Text&Value=" & TextBox1.Text)
        response.Close()

End Sub

oh, eventually, thank for your effort. It worked.

Mr.Shamil  
#420 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2023 1:35:41 AM(UTC)
Mr.Shamil

Azerbaijan

Thanks for your respond.

Thanks for your time.

Code:

response.Close()

End Sub

The code you have given worked , thanks. Sorry for taking your time. I was bewildered again , I would like to make Second Text Box (Text.Box2) and integrate it with Input=Title.gtzip.
For example, I have Title.gtzip and Breaking.gtzip both with Headline.Text , I would like to add Text.Box2 so when I type Breaking.gtzip on it will change to another title.

Dim client As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create("http://192.168.13.167:8088/api/?Function=SetText&Input=" & TextBox2 SelectedName=Headline.Text&Value=" & TextBox1.Text) it seemed I have done it incorrectly