logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
afonia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 2:04:45 AM(UTC)
afonia

Groups: Registered

Friends, need help.

Soccer live. When referee adds additional time (injury time) I want just to press 3 on NumPad and +3 text appears in the box (or +5 and 5 appears etc). I don't want to create 9 shortcuts for aech minute. Is it possible?

Currently I "Edit Title" manually to 3 and then show this element (visible text + visible image) with A shortcut. I want to set text+show entere element with just one shortcut on NumPad (or at least set text with one shorcut and then show element with my current A shortcut)

UserPostedImage
avsoundguy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 2:41:51 AM(UTC)
avsoundguy

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Just use Set Text and use +=1 to increment the number by 1, each time you use the shortcut it will count up by 1, I always use another key with -=1 in case I accidentally enter the wrong number
afonia  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 3:02:23 AM(UTC)
afonia

Originally Posted by: avsoundguy Go to Quoted Post
Just use Set Text and use +=1 to increment the number by 1, each time you use the shortcut it will count up by 1, I always use another key with -=1 in case I accidentally enter the wrong number

I use it already for Score_home and score_away. If there are no other suggestions I will use this method but would like my option to be implemented. Thanks you.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 3:32:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Afaik you will have to use 9 shortcuts. (how else would you create the 1-9 choice)
Could of course use 2 shortcuts to add/subtract till you reach the desired number (displayed in a unused title for reference) and then one shortcut to display it (using dynamic value)
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
afonia on 1/24/2023(UTC)
afonia  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 7:23:15 PM(UTC)
afonia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Could of course use 2 shortcuts to add/subtract till you reach the desired number (displayed in a unused title for reference) and then one shortcut to display it (using dynamic value)

Seems this is the only way so far. It's still good for me. Thanks you!

My text is: +3'
I need to add/subtract only number, and + and ' should always remain. Is it possible somehow?
doggy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 8:07:24 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: afonia Go to Quoted Post

Seems this is the only way so far. It's still good for me. Thanks you!

My text is: +3'
I need to add/subtract only number, and + and ' should always remain. Is it possible somehow?

Calling a small script to do this formatting using the same source of the "variable"

as an example where Headline.Text is holding the variable you adjusted

Code:
API.Function("SetText", Input:="Title.gtzip", SelectedName:="Description.Text", value:="+" & Input.Find("Title.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") & "'")

either you call it or put it within a loop to automate the updating when time is changed
Is up to you to figure out how to manipulate the process to suit you best (and do some research in this forum ;-) )
afonia  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 8:35:58 PM(UTC)
afonia

Calling a small script to do this formatting using the same source of the "variable"

as an example where Headline.Text is holding the variable you adjusted

Code:
API.Function("SetText", Input:="Title.gtzip", SelectedName:="Description.Text", value:="+" & Input.Find("Title.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") & "'")

either you call it or put it within a loop to automate the updating when time is changed
Is up to you to figure out how to manipulate the process to suit you best (and do some research in this forum ;-) )

Almost done.

Code:
API.Function("SetText", Input:="Scoreboard MF red.gtzip", SelectedName:="Injury time.Text", value:="+" & Input.Find("Scoreboard MF red.gtzip.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") & "'")

Also I have shortcut for Injury time.Text SetText +=1

But can't understand how to link this shortcut to this script. What is "Headline.Text"? Now I have just +' in scoreboard.

Sorry, I am just 2 weeks in vMix (but already learned a lot and made my 1st futsal live full of automated graphics).

mavik  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 8:59:07 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I would do a simple csv file with what you want to display

text,on/off
+1,1
+2,1
+3,1

For each 1-9 shortcut you jump to the according row in the file.
doggy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 9:02:45 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Almost done.

Code:
API.Function("SetText", Input:="Scoreboard MF red.gtzip", SelectedName:="Injury time.Text", value:="+" & Input.Find("Scoreboard MF red.gtzip.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") & "'")

Also I have shortcut for Injury time.Text SetText +=1

But can't understand how to link this shortcut to this script. What is "Headline.Text"? Now I have just +' in scoreboard.

Sorry, I am just 2 weeks in vMix (but already learned a lot and made my 1st futsal live full of automated graphics).

Headline.Text is just the name reference of one of the basic vMix titles text fields i used as example that is holding the basic value/number. you can make your own title with your own names etc

As i said ,research in this forum a bit , follow the vMix video torials, documentation etc , best way to learn and understand and make your own solutions
afonia  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2023 11:52:27 PM(UTC)
afonia

Made simplier.
Drew this red box with + ' already. So just insert number between with SetText +=1.
Thank you all.

P.S. Anyway, learning how to make it with script for other cases.
doggy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 3:17:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Made simplier.
Drew this red box with + ' already. So just insert number between with SetText +=1.
Thank you all.

P.S. Anyway, learning how to make it with script for other cases.

is an option as long as you have single digit and alignment is perfect ;-)