logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thebiscuitjesus  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2022 3:56:04 AM(UTC)
thebiscuitjesus

Groups: Registered
United States

I've been using Vmix for our multiple daily live shows for about 18 months now, with little to no issues. Over the past month I have begun to loath doing livestreams with our 4 remote guests because of the beyond awful bitrate. I use to average 1500kbps and now im lucky to get above 50kbps per call.

Computer build
i7 12700k
Asus Z690 board
64GB 3200mhz RAM
NvME drives
Asus 3090 24GB

Resizable BAR active
high performance mode off ( as suggest by Vmix)

I have also had our IT guy follow all of the port forwarding that Vmix suggests to deal with any firewall issues on our end.
Vmix guests are all told to use Chrome and insure that VPN and virus protection like Norton are not installed.
I have tried changing bitrates, allow peer to peer connection only, and everything else I can think of.

I'm mainly just trying to see if anyone else is having constant issues with Vmix call. We have fiber at the office (over 300mb parallel) and the only thing I can think of is that our internal network is the issue. I have not been able to find any other widespread issues with WebRTC that others are having.

Thanks in advance!

mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2022 6:13:44 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
It would be nice to "see" where the issue is. If you have a guest that is low and willing to test a bit with you, you can ask the guest to use winmtr (a permanent traceroute) to your endpoint or the vmix call server and identify if the issue is closer to your end or the guests end.
Latency and packet loss have a significant influence on the net bandwidth.
If have been doing shows in Juli and did not have any issue so far.
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 12:29:34 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
You only mention your available resources. The experience using vMix Call is also very dependent upon the guests available resources.

You can have a fantastic setup. If they're on the equivalent of a dial-up ISP it simply won't matter.