logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tluttrell  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 5:40:27 AM(UTC)
tluttrell

Groups: Registered
United States

I have inserted 3 camera inputs for cameras connected to a PTZ camera controller system. They are listed in the vMix camera list as Decklink Duo 1, Decklink Duo 2 and Decklink Mini Recorder 5. I don't know why these labels are the way they are as I didn't do the initial set up of the cameras, controller or their connectivity in vMix. I am noticing the camera views in vMix as I move the joystick on the camera controller. The Decklink Duo 2 camera is also adjusting when I select the Decklink Mini Recorder 5 and manipulate it with the joystick so they move and are zooming in and out together. Is this likely an issue with the controller instead of the way the cameras have been set up in vMix?

Also, is the way these cameras are setup/labeled in vMix a potential problem?
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 10:19:49 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tluttrell Go to Quoted Post
I have inserted 3 camera inputs for cameras connected to a PTZ camera controller system. They are listed in the vMix camera list as Decklink Duo 1, Decklink Duo 2 and Decklink Mini Recorder 5. I don't know why these labels are the way they are as I didn't do the initial set up of the cameras, controller or their connectivity in vMix.

What you are seeing in vMix is the device names of the various (Decklink) video capture card inputs. As to what video appears on those inputs depends on what is physically connected to the input sockets.

I am noticing the camera views in vMix as I move the joystick on the camera controller. The Decklink Duo 2 camera is also adjusting when I select the Decklink Mini Recorder 5 and manipulate it with the joystick so they move and are zooming in and out together. Is this likely an issue with the controller instead of the way the cameras have been set up in vMix?

Yes, it is likely to be an issue with the controller. What happens with the cameras when you do the same thing but without vMix running? (Obviously you'll have to look to see if the actual cameras move unless you can monitor the outputs some other way outside of vMix.)

Also, is the way these cameras are setup/labeled in vMix a potential problem?

Not really - you're seeing the name that's allocated by default but you can edit it in the Configuration settings for each of those inputs. (Gear-wheel icon)
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
tluttrell on 7/12/2022(UTC)
tluttrell  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 12:31:27 PM(UTC)
tluttrell

United States

Thank you very much for your response. It is very helpful. When the installation technicians arrive tomorrow I will be bringing the camera control problem to their attention.