logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pavel  
#101 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 6:55:49 PM(UTC)
Pavel

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone
I'm excited as it works great.
Thank you very very much.
I have one request. It would be great if it was in the web interface to change background colors and text.
mgrayeb  
#102 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2022 11:09:48 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi. I've gotten up to the point where the code is finished uploading but it seems to be stuck on "Hard resetting via RTS Pin" and the device does not reboot. Any suggestions? I've tried with three separate M5Stack ATOM Matrix units; all with the same result. Thank you.
mgrayeb  
#103 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 2:04:36 AM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Using the M5StickC, I've gotten it to work -- it's great!!! The only thing I'm experiencing is that when I close vMix and then re-open it (as the volunteers will be doing in the church each week) that the tally lights won't automatically reconnect. I need to log into the web interface for each M5StickC and click the "Reconnect to vMix" button at the bottom of the web interface.

Am I doing something wrong? Should the reconnect be happening automatically?

And is there a way to establish static IPs for the M5Stick5s or are they only DHCP?

Thanks.
Lennart  
#104 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 5:01:09 AM(UTC)
Lennart

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mgrayeb Go to Quoted Post
Using the M5StickC, I've gotten it to work -- it's great!!! The only thing I'm experiencing is that when I close vMix and then re-open it (as the volunteers will be doing in the church each week) that the tally lights won't automatically reconnect. I need to log into the web interface for each M5StickC and click the "Reconnect to vMix" button at the bottom of the web interface.

And is there a way to establish static IPs for the M5Stick5s or are they only DHCP?

Thanks.

I would suggest setting up reserved IPs for each M5 stick so that they always get the same IP. You should be able to do this in your router usually under LAN setup.

Then I'd save a bookmark for each M5 and tell your volunteers to press reconnect on each.

I hope that helps :)
thanks 1 user thanked Lennart for this useful post.
mgrayeb on 5/16/2022(UTC)
guidogast  
#105 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 6:20:39 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mgrayeb Go to Quoted Post

Thanks.

Both questions you ask are possible and are described in the readme file on the Github page under "Reconnect Interval" and "Static IP Address". Hope this helps.
thanks 1 user thanked guidogast for this useful post.
mgrayeb on 5/16/2022(UTC)
mgrayeb  
#106 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2022 7:38:26 PM(UTC)
mgrayeb

Thank you. I didn't realize I needed to change the time interval for reconnect attempts from zero to some other number. Much appreciated.
UzumyLemon  
#107 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2022 3:24:11 AM(UTC)
UzumyLemon

Brazil

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: guidogast Go to Quoted Post
Do you want an affordable tally light for your camera, without having to solder yourself? The M5Stick-C by M5Stack comes to the rescue!

For the last week I've been working on this, it is not completely finished yet, but I will not stop until it is really user friendly. Once the project is done, I will upload a comprehensive video tutorial on how to set it up if you've never worked with microcontrollers before. (Including a first time install of the Arduino IDE, since you will have to flash the code to the stick yourself)

You can find my project here: https://github.com/guido-visser/vMix-M5Stick-Tally-Light

An example in GIF form:
Tally Light Example

Please feel free to submit feature requests (please do so on the GitHub page (as an issue), so that everything is in one place). If I think the feature will be a valuable to the project, I will consider implementing it.

If you're having problems, please submit an issue on the GitHub page.

I've made an in-depth tutorial on how to flash the firmware onto the M5Stick-C

A huge thank you (Dankjewel! :D) goes out to Thomas Mout for creating his project a year ago, the core of my code is based on his!

Looking for a solution for M5Stack over M5Stick-C? User lpv has forked my repo and optimized it for the M5Stack. Check his fork on GitLab

Hi, Guido!

I've been using your tally light system for some time now. I just received 8 m5stick c and I can't thank you enough. Your solution is affordable and it gives everyone a chance to have a multi tally light system.

I bought you a coffee when I first used this, and I'll buy you more. You've done a lot for the vMix community. Thank you my friend.
thanks 1 user thanked UzumyLemon for this useful post.
guidogast on 6/7/2022(UTC)
guidogast  
#108 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 10:57:11 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UzumyLemon Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Guido!

I've been using your tally light system for some time now. I just received 8 m5stick c and I can't thank you enough. Your solution is affordable and it gives everyone a chance to have a multi tally light system.

I bought you a coffee when I first used this, and I'll buy you more. You've done a lot for the vMix community. Thank you my friend.

You're very welcome. I'm glad everything works well for you. Every coffee is much appreciated :)