logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gicnymedia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2024 9:04:57 AM(UTC)
gicnymedia

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello guys,
I thank you for the opportunity to come here and learn. I was here some time ago and I had some issues that are still lingering and I am still looking for help. Here goes. Please be patient, I'm just learning this as I go. vMix was recommended and it seemed like a good idea but I am still unable to get it to where I am satisfied.

Below is my system specs

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
OS is Windows 11 Pro.
with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 graphic card 4gbram
Blackmagic DeckLink Studio 4k capture card

I am using a Samsung 50 each for display

I am getting my video and embedded audio from an SDI coming directly from a Panasonic AG-HMX100 Switcher. Yes, I know it's old but until we change that this is what we have. So, I thought since we have this high-end computer according to my understanding, I could be wrong, I thought we should be getting better picture on the display, but we are not. I don't know if the issue is the display that we are using or what. Please take a look at the attached images. These were taken from the vMix program window. Although it doesn't look like that on YouTube, when I take a picture that's when you see more of it. Any ideas on how to resolve this imgref1
imgref2
imgref3

Any recommendation, monitor, graphics card. I will appreciate your help on this thank you all. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2024 10:20:16 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello. I have answered you about 2 months before but you didnt give more info https://forums.vmix.com/...eo-Pixelation-on-display
In this post i see that you mention about the panasonic mixer. I have the panasonic mx70 and sometimes if i need an analog camera i connect it to pc via my intensity bmd analog connectors and as i remember this mixer produces interlaced video at least from s-video/rca output connectors. I never had the extra sdi output connector so i assume that also sdi out will be interlaced
So if this is the scenario when you select the input in vmix in the bmd card select a 50i framerate. If you run vmix preset that is progressive for example 25p/30p/50p/60p (personally im running 50i vmix preset because my cameras are 50i so when i run progressive i dont like the way it de-interlaces) see if when you insert this input under the general tab you have an option that is called "de-interlace" and select it and see what happens.
gicnymedia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2024 2:32:29 AM(UTC)
gicnymedia

United States

Thank you Nikosman88,

I will look into the settings you talked about and then report back. I appreciate your help.