logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jello  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2023 1:00:31 AM(UTC)
jello

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any chance of being able to tie into a Zoom Room account?

Any chance of having Gallery Mode as an option source? Or some form of automatic hollywood squares display...
robertskiba  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2023 9:36:15 PM(UTC)
robertskiba

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jello Go to Quoted Post

Any chance of having Gallery Mode as an option source? Or some form of automatic hollywood squares display...

If you use Zoom Room, which I think is still the best solution to use in combination with vMix, then please use a second PC and connect vmix via NDI. It works gread, reliable and you can control it with your tablet or browser.

jello  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 3:38:23 AM(UTC)
jello

Originally Posted by: robertskiba Go to Quoted Post

If you use Zoom Room, which I think is still the best solution to use in combination with vMix, then please use a second PC and connect vmix via NDI. It works gread, reliable and you can control it with your tablet or browser.

Thank you... but that is the workflow I want to end; it's cumbersome. Complete automation, or as close as possible, is always the goal. Having vMix handle the whole zoom-end of the pipeline would be an ideal state.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2023 6:26:43 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)

I don't understand what you mean. Pls explain.

WaltG12  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2023 3:35:03 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Complete automation, or as close as possible, is always the goal. Having vMix handle the whole zoom-end of the pipeline would be an ideal state.

I agree, hence my repeated requests for audopopulation of meeting guests--rather than the clunky right click, select, right click select option, as well as basic shortcuts like the ability to end the meeting.

The lack of support from the community should tell you how your overarching request is viewed. In fact, the official word from the vMix side is that, if you want to use Zoom shortcuts, such as to do basic things like end or leave the meeting, you need to run the full fledged Zoom program, with all its overhead, and they see no reason to implement any Zoom specific shortcuts.

So while I absolutely share your goal of letting vMix become Zoom and making the process as simple and automatic as possible (especially for folks like me who are running the entire program as a one man band), I think we'll be holding our breath for quite a while.

I get that Rooms is convoluted, but, honestly, it's not like this iteration of vMix is much better, with everything requiring manual selection from right click menus within the GUI. At least with Rooms, you can use a separate machine to assign NDI slots (another, last ditch suggestion I made for vMix that fell on deaf ears).

Can I ask, though, what you're looking to do with a Rooms account that can't be done with a personal account but that would be doable through vMix (keeping in mind vMix's priorities and where anything that isn't "use a mouse and our GUI to do everything manually" seems to be falling on it?
richardgatarski  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 1:28:00 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I would for sure love support for both a Gallery as well as the Active streams. And I understand that as long as vMix cannot get these via Zoom's SDK we can't get it. But, I am pretty sure Zoom read this, and other forums, so there is hope. Meanwhile in cases where I need to be able to keep an "open mike" I will use a Zoom room.

Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post
In fact, the official word from the vMix side is that, if you want to use Zoom shortcuts, such as to do basic things like end or leave the meeting, you need to run the full fledged Zoom program, with all its overhead, and they see no reason to implement any Zoom specific shortcuts.

Well, I have a different interpretation of admin's reply in another topic
Quote:
There are no plans for additional shortcuts for the Zoom input, as there are not many use cases we can find that make sense, people can certainly make requests for some in particular for a future release though. (In Feature Requests)
I do indeed have a few things that I will put up Feature requests for.
admin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2023 4:44:35 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
We've added some triggers for active speaker in the latest beta below:

https://forums.vmix.com/...view-Released#post111874

These along with the new SetLayerAnimated shortcut could be used to dynamically move around
Zoom inputs on screen based on who is speaking.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
greggibson on 1/24/2024(UTC)
jello  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2023 4:18:04 AM(UTC)
jello

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
We've added some triggers for active speaker in the latest beta below:

https://forums.vmix.com/...view-Released#post111874

These along with the new SetLayerAnimated shortcut could be used to dynamically move around
Zoom inputs on screen based on who is speaking.

Thank you!