logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fordry  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:59:06 PM(UTC)
fordry

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I'd really like the ability to move inputs into the 2nd row without deleting and re-creating them. Would it be possible to just generate spaces that inputs can sit without having to be relative to the other inputs? Like just the ability to place them wherever without having to be lined up next to other inputs?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:49:34 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Inputs can already be arranged to your liking...
Simply drag and drop overtop of the input already occupying that spot.

Ice
fordry  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 2:26:25 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Well, I don't think you read what I said. Currently, if multiple inputs are added before you set the input rows to 2, it won't equally fill the 2 input rows, it leaves all the current inputs on the first row and adds any further inputs to the lower row and no amount of dragging and dropping will let you fill in more, even if you remove them, its like its already set to have to have however many you have in the first row. I'd like it to equally fill both rows...
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 6:52:59 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Sorry if I mis-understood your request, the inputs are linear and are not independently doc-able, as far as I know the sequence must be maintained, it can be lengthened or shortened but cannot be broken.
Inputs can be re-arranged anywhere in that sequence and you could add "dummy" inputs (color) to fill in as "spaces", but I'm not so sure that is what you want.
The number of inputs you have in a row is a function of their size and the size of your window. If you play around with those variables you may find a configuration that approximates what you are after, i.e. a smaller window for the vMix GUI or opening the audio mixer panel and sizing it such that your input panel is evenly distributed or selecting an input size that evens out your rows. But customizing the GUI and the location of it's "modules" is currently not possible.
Screen Estate can definitely become an issue the more inputs you have and it would be nice to be able to hide/minimize/move some components, but given the overall functionality and stability of vMix, I'm happy to work within the current limitations of the GUI.

Ice