logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thepelell  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:10:13 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
6h Rome endurance - 2 cameramen, 2 ptz cams, 2 fixed cams and 1 cameraman on pitlane:

Last leg of Giro Valle Aosta under 23 Cycling race: 1 cameraman, 2 fixed cams. Only had a 2Mb upload link.

nashenden  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:02:29 AM(UTC)
nashenden

Really professional production!
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 1:10:46 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ thepelell

Thanks for sharing, I thought the motorcar race did a nice job with the resources you had.
Obviously the Bike Race posed a lot more challenges for you as it was limited to the finish line only, which relies heavily on your commentator to fill a lot of time waiting for the cyclists to get to the finish line, in that respect, I thought he did a great job trying to keep everything flowing. Curious to know if you are planning how to improve coverage of future races? (I kind of wonder how vMixCall might work over a mobile device at different stages of the race, or if it fits your budget, a drone to get an aerial view, just some thoughts).
Keep up the great work!

Ice
thepelell  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:11:39 PM(UTC)
thepelell

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
thanks for kind words. Bike race was really a last week job, the organizers managed to squeeze the tight budget one week before the race.
For next year we are studying how to cover last km (or miles for you imperialists). There is a big technical obstacle, last year in 2 out of 3 locations of the arrival ther was no mobile data or mobile phone coverage at all. We had power generators and on demand satellite internet for the uplink..and if something happened to connection there was no way I could call help desk .....
I agree vmixcall or webrtc callwith a phone from motorbike following the lead could be a viable solution, if there is 3g/4g coverage. We will see this year.