logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hellokitty  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 2:30:43 PM(UTC)
hellokitty

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi i have 10gbe setup with a Dell N1524 network switch, NDI dont work so well between 2 computers on my switch, it took alot of reading just to get it to work, and it sucks, i rather just capture with my capture card. Also i Have a Ubiquiti UAP‑AC‑PRO conetected to my Comcast Modem and useing the Newtek Android App sucks also. I have changed all kinds of settings, turned firewalls on /off . I dont know? I think there is still issues with the Technology. Well let me know what you think, thank you!
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 2:56:02 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Dell N1524 is a Gigabit switch with a 10Gbit uplink capacity (which is useless for NDI). Unless you set it wrong, you should not have problems to transport up to 7/8 NDI streams. Manageable switches require network knowledge.

I have experimented with great success NDI over Wifi (5GHz) with multiple Android and iOS devices with Newtek and Sienna apps. I was surprised it worked smoothly with 4 simultaneous devices connected on a pretty basic AP (Asus RT-AC68U).

I find the technology very mature and reliable although it's pretty recent. I use NDI in my productions for more than 8 or 9 months, never had a problem.
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
hellokitty on 3/12/2017(UTC)
hellokitty  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:16:34 PM(UTC)
hellokitty

I mainly use the switch for large file transfers, and it works, real fast! I have been reading dells manual/cli and yes i am not a expert, but im dooing ok, i have figured it out on my own, i have upgraded firmware and such. Theres not much to mess with with the Unifi UAP‑AC‑PRO , maybe when the NDI comes into the DEll switch i need to change more settings? I dont totally hate it, i have had it setup with a Asus rt ac-66u and have had similar issues.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:27:35 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I think your AP should be connected to the switch (not to your modem).
You have very good equipments, you should not experience issues for NDI. But you don't give details about the issues you encounter so it's difficult to figure out what might be wrong.
kane  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:56:12 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Not familiar with that switch, but I use a Netgear ProSafe S3300-28X on my demo gear setup. I've got one of the 10Gb ports connected to the IP Series system and using the 24 1Gb ports for everything else. I've had about 25 to 30 NDI streams going thru the 10Gb port without issue and I see no reason it wouldn't handle the max for the switcher which is 44 NDI streams. As for the switch setup, I didn't change any default settings, just using it how it came out of the box.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
thanks 1 user thanked kane for this useful post.
hellokitty on 3/12/2017(UTC)
hellokitty  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 4:07:55 PM(UTC)
hellokitty

Hey thanks Kane, I read somewhere to turn off DHCP Snooping, that helped a lot, none of my NDI sources would show up in Vmix or the NDI toolkit at all. I think i got the switch working right now, i just did a test and it was not dropping to many frames at 1080p 59.94 over the 10gbe NDI. I just got to plug my Ubiquiti into the switch and check that.