logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 8:48:48 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I noticed before but never dared to ask:

what is the make of the small sdi camera Tim is using in the livestreams.

I now use a GoPro as a wide view 170 degree camea at meetings. It will output 1080 / 720 p50 as standard and I will convert it from hdmi to sdi to input in vmix. But eliminating a conversion would be great, so a small camera that can be hidden and connected directly through sdi would be great.

alternatives welcome.

stefan
jip  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 2:42:50 AM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:04:54 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
jip is right, it's a Marshall CV500.
NiBTour  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 6:30:19 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Yeah the marshall POV line is awesome. changeable lenses, sharp and simultaneously can in some models output both sdi and hdmi. I use them for everything. the CV345 line is what i have 10 of and then a few CV502's. The real gem is the CV200's. So if you have any questions about them or want sample footage of a particular one i can post. There the only camera i have found to work in low light bar establishments where i don't have control of the lighting and I can use them for live feed with clean out. I need small cameras for eSport streaming and this does the trick at a very low price compared to other broadcast ready POV's.
thanks 1 user thanked NiBTour for this useful post.
SportsNetUSA.net on 3/12/2017(UTC)
h2video.nl  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 7:45:24 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
thanks for the info.

do you have a little bit more tech, like sensor size and type, framerates and sensitivity. like to compare with bmd micro camera, that should be compatible in price and performance, and with sdi out. and controlable.

oh and lenses. i understand c mount... does it auto focus or do you use it on infinity...

stefan
SportsNetUSA.net  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 12:43:58 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@NiBTour

Please post a sample of CV200 if you could. I never knew Marshall made POV! Just wasted money on some cheap action cams that don't consistently work for me.

Do you use interchangeable lenses on your CV502s?

Thanks to you and jip for pointing the way!
NiBTour  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 2:45:44 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
@NiBTour

Please post a sample of CV200 if you could. I never knew Marshall made POV! Just wasted money on some cheap action cams that don't consistently work for me.

Do you use interchangeable lenses on your CV502s?

Thanks to you and jip for pointing the way!

Yeah no problem. any special request?
NiBTour  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 3:04:41 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

h2video.nl wrote:
thanks for the info.

do you have a little bit more tech, like sensor size and type, framerates and sensitivity. like to compare with bmd micro camera, that should be compatible in price and performance, and with sdi out. and controlable.

oh and lenses. i understand c mount... does it auto focus or do you use it on infinity...

stefan

so their all lock and leave so manual focus and zoom (just talking about their POV's not their PTZ's). All their POV's use the 1/3 CMOS 2.5MB sensor and have a crazy good noise reduction algorithm which sets the cams at around 0.2 lux for color and .005 lux with DSS on. their SMPTE 424M and 292M and cover up to 1080p 59.94fps. they do have different models like the normal model and then a broadcasters model which includes genlock. i'm not sure why i;m trying to remember this off the top of my head :) here's the link haha

http://www.lcdracks.com/...Camera-Features-List.pdf

i hate the manual focus and zoom because those C/CS lenses can be little bastards locking them on perfect focus but once you do your good to go. i always use the FUJINON f-stop 1.3 on my CV345's and keep the included lenses on my CV502's. I started with them and spent a fortune buying every dam clean HDMI out POV cam i could find that works great in low light and i always find myself going back to these. their just reliable and work. the simultaneous HDMI and sdi out helps as well. i run the sdi but will set focus and zoom right at the camera with a field monitor using zebra and peek to nail my shot.

i do eSports type of events but darts, pool, and golden tee so i'm working in low light bars most of the time not million dollar production stages with perfect lighting :)

i'll start working on some test footage ive been meaning to do this anyway for some other clients.

-King
thanks 2 users thanked NiBTour for this useful post.
SportsNetUSA.net on 3/13/2017(UTC), stigaard on 3/13/2017(UTC)