logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sunkast  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:19:33 PM(UTC)
sunkast

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just installed the RC and started playing around with vMix call. However I've not been able to get mix minus to work correctly with our external audio network. We have an Axia Livewire network that we use with all of our in studio mics and Skype guests. In vMix we bring in the audio as it's own input, Livewire In 03, and is set to the Master bus. Normally when we playback a video from vMix, we set the virtual audio output to only Bus A, which is assigned to Livewire Out 03. Anyone on the Skype call can hear the video being played. This works great and has no audio loopback.

I tried doing the same thing for a vMix call, but did not get the same results. Even though I assigned the audio for the vMix call to only Bus A, the caller was still hearing themselves back.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can set up vMix to not loopback the caller's audio in a similar way to how we send audio back from videos played in vMix?
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:43:23 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Following this thread with interest...

- Tom

BTW... Welcome sunkast!
AndrewZarian  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:54:21 PM(UTC)
AndrewZarian

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hoping someone can guide us in the right direction with this one. Sunkast and I spent all morning trying to figure out how this is going to work for out setup.
mashynewie2  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:28:45 PM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
vMix Call has it's own mix minus so if the caller is hearing themself then that loop isn't happening inside vMix itself.

Your livewire mixer must be feeding the vMix audio back to the vMix machine.

So you have to configure your livewire mixer to send everything on your livewire network back to vMix EXCEPT for vMix itself.

So if you are using an Axia audio console there should be a dropdown box to automatically configure the vMix input as an automatic mix minus which is a feature of Axia, then you specify the return path of the mix-minused audio (could be a physical XLR output or a livewire output).

Every single fader on an Axia console has it's own independant mix Minus. I think you can select "Remote" or "Hybrid" or something similar from the dropdown.

Best way to check if there is a loop is to play a video on vMix and see if you can see the audio meters move on the input vMix takes from the livewire network.

The same principal works in the other direction. When sending audio from vMix to Livewire you must setup a mix minus. For example, the "Audio Outputs" in vMix settings you select the livewire network as "A" then select "A" on every single audio source except for livewire itself. Otherwise people with headphones on livewire might hear an echo due to the processing delay in vMix
patlaw  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:02:22 PM(UTC)
patlaw

mashynewie2 wrote:
Best way to check if there is a loop is to play a video on vMix and see if you can see the audio meters move on the input vMix takes from the livewire network.

You have to know what audio you're sending vMix. This technique is a good one.