logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Ratcliff  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 6:31:06 PM(UTC)
Mark Ratcliff

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As a video editor I am very aware of the aesthetic value of split edits. By this I means cuts or dissolves where the audio continues for a short time before or after the video transition point. There is no better way of making a seamless transition. Every time I watch the Vmix Fun Time Live episode I notice that the one aspect of the production that reduces the production quality is the fact that the audio on the VT inserts or stings can never extend or fade gradually into the live camera that follows it. This makes for abrupt and awkward transition that damage the flow of the production.
Whats needed is an option to manage audio and video transitions independently for the same video file and also that the video file continues to play until both transitions are complete. Once this is done Vmix will officially be perfect :)
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 8:48:23 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Mark Ratcliff

I agree wholeheartedly, in fact, I believe I've raised the issue, or something similar, before...
However, it should be noted that it's not always vMix's fault if the audio on a clip ends abruptly (not everyone is trained in these things). It becomes very noticeable and annoying to those who know better, but I'm always surprised that others tend to not even notice or at least don't get offended by it.

Ice
al4video  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:51:55 PM(UTC)
al4video

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1
Mark Ratcliff  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:43:39 PM(UTC)
Mark Ratcliff

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Ice. I make my own play in VTs with extra long audio 'handles' on the end but the sound just dissappears along with the video transition....a massive oversight. Almost every TV news show you watch manages to keep title VT music playing under the anchor's intro/headline. Need to improve the mix in Vmix.