logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
isbenz  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 12:49:50 PM(UTC)
isbenz

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,
have been a long time reader of this forum as unregistered user. We use vMix in our company in so many different ways and we are always trying to do even more... and we encountered an issue today.

We are trying to record via vMix a multichannel file in .ts format: first of all is it possible?

Here's the setup and the idea behind it: we want to feed into vMix an SDI signal via Decklink 1 embedded with 4 separated audio channels, that needs to stay separated trough all the process; we then want to record a multichannel .ts file for a delayed playback in the same vMix instance, outputting that as multilayered SDI signal via Decklink 2. Essentially, vMix will serve as a delay on our brodcast. We then feed the external output to a different computer where different webstreams are made, one for every audio layer.

We already successfully tested the playback-while-recording thing on the video .ts files, but the issue is that vMix appear to "flatten" our 4 audio channels into a simple stereo video file, loosing the multichannel aspect of it.

Hope i've been clear enough and i thank you in advance for your attention and, hopefully, help.

Cheers! :)
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:32:30 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
That's not possible. There is a feature request for this though: https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=9458
isbenz  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:56:20 PM(UTC)
isbenz

Thank you! I'll +1 that.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:56:53 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi!

interesting question!

If you look at the FFMPEG commands that vMix uses to record, I think it is not possible by default. Multichannel audio requires the -map switch in FFMPEG commandline. So as you noticed vMix flattens everything to stereo by default.

I never checked if multichannel embedded streams are supported all the way thru vMix to the output, but if so, maybe is it possible to output the stream to an external script that would do the job?

This very first point has to be checked. I don't know.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Map

Guillaume