logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Liberty Baptist Church  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:22:58 PM(UTC)
Liberty Baptist Church

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Would like to stream on Facebook Live along with Sunday Streams however we only want to stream the sermon on Facebook Live not the music and worship portion. Is there any way to delay the start of FB Live within vMix (16)?
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:13:36 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Don't think it can be done with vMix 16 since once streaming is started, you can't change or add destinations without stopping the stream.
Liberty Baptist Church  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:25:19 PM(UTC)
Liberty Baptist Church

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Can this be done with V17 or V18?
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:41:42 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi!

I think you can do it with a second encoder on external or external2 output (depending on your vmix licence) and if your pc is powerful enough.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:11:41 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@Liberty Baptist Church

Several vMix users would like independent control over the 3 streams/destination in vMix. Check out this feature request and add your vote. Maybe it will happen in an upcoming update.

https://forums.vmix.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6165
corporatejames  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:27:59 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
I use Switchboard.live to schedule the Facebook Live broadcast. While I'm already streaming to Youtube
you can then publish when ready while the stream is in preview at Switchboard.
You can have up to 3 destinations with the free account along with the 3 that are available in Vmix

So you have the 1st one going to YouTube and the second one to Switchboard

Use this currently to do Press Conferences so can push our teams Presser to Facebook when they come to
the room while I was already streaming to YouTube for both teams earlier.

I can also start the stream a hour before and knowing its working and then quickly run to room after game
and click publish with out having the worry the stream not starting etc.
jpeg2RAW  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 11:28:58 AM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I also use Switchboard to stream to Facebook and YouTube. You will need to use the custom RTMP setting for Facebook if you are streaming to any other platform and this feature is not included in the free version of Switchboard.
richardgatarski  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:24:14 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
You can setup the live stream in Facebook, start streaming from vMix (using the url and key provided by Facebook). Your stream on FB will not be shown there until you hit its "Go Live" button. (might be a catch here if FB reacts to copyrighted content during the Preview).
https://www.facebook.com/facebookmedia/get-started/live
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
stigaard on 2/27/2017(UTC)
Ittaidv  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:22:14 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
We often have a full day of streaming on festivals, where we want to push out multiple facebook lives on artist pages while keeping connection to youtube for the entire show. It now requires using fmle and vmix at the same time, if the internet connection is strong enough.

We use restream.io, but it requires to reconnect when we change a destination. Is this also the case with switchboard.live?
corporatejames  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 6:35:49 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Yes I believe so with Switchboard live as once you publish or start broadcast to Facebook, you would need to create a new stream for new other accounts
thus have to stop and restart the stream in Vmix. I believe having multiple streams separate with cause higher CPU where when its combined it uses less cpu and memory.
Martin would be able to answer that better as I asked him about this before.
SharifShahwan  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 6:56:38 PM(UTC)
SharifShahwan

Man

If you stream to Facebook as a custom RTMP destination rather than using the API, you can send the stream to Facebook from vMix without going live at the same time as streaming to your other destination(s), and choose when Facebook goes live by clicking 'Go Live' on the Facebook page.

If you have a hard start time, you can also schedule a live and, using the custom RTMP again, it will just start the live video as long as it is receiving a stream from you.
corporatejames  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:28:39 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

SharifShahwan wrote:
If you stream to Facebook as a custom RTMP destination rather than using the API, you can send the stream to Facebook from vMix without going live at the same time as streaming to your other destination(s), and choose when Facebook goes live by clicking 'Go Live' on the Facebook page.

If you have a hard start time, you can also schedule a live and, using the custom RTMP again, it will just start the live video as long as it is receiving a stream from you.

Yeap do that too, and was doing that before it was officially released using the developer account.
Ittaidv  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:07:13 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
SharifShahwan wrote:

This makes sense if you only need to start one Facebook live, we often do 1 continious show on Youtube, and during this show like 5 or 6 Facebook lives on different pages and at different times. Technically speaking you could schedule all Facebook lives on those pages, but it's often a last minute decision of an artist, where we get the acces to the page only a few minutes up front. Also it would require many streams to be running at the same time, so a higher cost in custom rtmp channels on either restream.io or another service.
SharifShahwan  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:46:59 PM(UTC)
SharifShahwan

Man

Ittaidv wrote:
This makes sense if you only need to start one Facebook live, we often do 1 continious show on Youtube, and during this show like 5 or 6 Facebook lives on different pages and at different times. Technically speaking you could schedule all Facebook lives on those pages, but it's often a last minute decision of an artist, where we get the acces to the page only a few minutes up front. Also it would require many streams to be running at the same time, so a higher cost in custom rtmp channels on either restream.io or another service.

Ideally, I would split these tasks across 2 computers or devices; one for the YouTube Stream, and one for the stop-start Facebook Streams. This is effectively what we do with long streams; we stream continuously to our own platform, but we start and stop FB / Periscope events at key moments for shorter periods of time. The continuous stream takes an external SDI and goes into a separate encoder, while we use vMix for social streaming, all of which start and stop at the same time.

If that is not feasible for you, another option might be to use OBS on the same computer, select the vMix output as an input, and stream to YouTube using OBS, and FB through vMix (or vice versa).

I haven't tried that, but it works in my head as long as you have the bandwidth and CPU horsepower.

I can't think of anything else until we have independent control of the vMix streaming destinations which I too would like to see (but appreciate that it's not necessarily that simple).