logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jakebradley2001  
#61 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:37:54 PM(UTC)
jakebradley2001

Groups: Registered

I have the HD version of Vmix and trying out 19 and keep getting an error at Vmix Call is not supported.

Any suggestions ?
jakebradley2001 attached the following image(s):
vmix.png (197kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
sinc747  
#62 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:40:19 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 161 post(s)
You are actually using the vMix Basic HD edition. That edition does not support vMix Call.

- Tom
thanks 1 user thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
jakebradley2001 on 2/25/2017(UTC)
DVSDirect  
#63 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:44:13 PM(UTC)
DVSDirect

I am running into a strange problem . I am just doing a test call between systems in the shop.

I can set up the call in vmix and call in from another computer in the shop.

Video shows up in vix but is a still image no motion.

On the call side I have a blue screen where the return video should be displayed .

both computers are on the same lan .

I expect I am missing something here if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Jim D.

thepelell  
#64 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:16:55 PM(UTC)
thepelell

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
you are running into the same wrong assumption I made, even if you are on the same lan, all traffic goes via web, so if you have slow internet connection you will get bad quality or nothing at all.
floz23  
#65 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:54:44 PM(UTC)
floz23

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Living on the edge! Used beta 19 in a real production today. Only a single caller.

I noticed that the caller's video was 640x480. This was strange since the caller's computer was a windows machine with a nice logitech webcam. The video looked very good, it was just not 1280x720. I'm pretty sure this was due to a misconfiguration or software issue on the caller's computer. Chrome browser btw.

TOTAL system cpu usage was around 50% during the whole broadcast. I was recording to mpeg2 32mibt, streaming to youtube live 1080p 30p 10mbit, with a single studio camera coming in through a blackmagic card, and finally a single caller.

specs:
i7 980
8gb ram
nvidia gtx1060
blackmagic decklink quad2

Again, I think a total of 50% cpu usage for the above load is pretty damn good.

ask  
#66 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:03:51 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
ask wrote:
ask wrote:
Playing on a system with only Integrated Graphics today the outgoing video was perfect but the incoming video was constantly unstable, flashing on and off. I am not certain whether it was network issues that were at fault, so tomorrow I will connect to a different network with more bandwidth to rule that out. In the meantime can someone run some tests with just the on-board graphics, not a Nvidia or AMD setup and report back. Thanks

Update: Have swapped onto another network with plenty of bandwidth. Still get instability in the signal with the host on a box without a separate graphics card.

http://www.mindittv.net/transfer/VIDEO0016.mov

Update: OK. I have reversed the test. This time making the integrated Graphics PC the guest and my normal production machine the host. The same instability with the input occurred no matter the resolution that was set at either end.

However, if I then used chrome as the container for the guest session, it was rock solid.

Is anyone able to replicate my issue with a PC with only integrated graphics?
admin  
#67 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:02:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
thepelell wrote:
you are running into the same wrong assumption I made, even if you are on the same lan, all traffic goes via web, so if you have slow internet connection you will get bad quality or nothing at all.

To clarify, vMix Call will try to connect directly across the LAN, but may go via the internet if that fails for some reason.
admin  
#68 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:06:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

ask wrote:

Haven't seen any other reports so far, it is quite strange.
Maybe check the vMix logs in Documents\vMixStorage\logs to see if any errors are coming up when it is flickering black.

Can also right click call go to Open Call Manager then click the bar graphic button to open up advanced statistics
to see a bunch of things including the frame rate per second that might determine if the black frame is part of the encoded stream
or if it is a decoding problem.
admin  
#69 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 11:05:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

We've created a new forum dedicated to everything vMix Call:

https://forums.vmix.com/...t.aspx?g=topics&f=11
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 2/28/2017(UTC), stigaard on 3/1/2017(UTC)
cnovy  
#70 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:12:01 PM(UTC)
cnovy

Sometime during version 17 my Vmix quit working properly under W10x64 on a Dell 990 Desktop. When I launched Vmix everything looked normal until I attempted to click on anything. As soon as I did I'd get a Windows "Not Responding" message and the program would hang. I upgraded to version 18 and it did the same thing. All this started after a series of Windows updates. Unfortunately I use Vmix infrequently and Windows did a lot of updating so I was never able to track down/remove which update (if any) resulted in the problem.

After some playing around I discovered that if I disabled my LAN connection the program worked normally --though it now because useless to me since I could no longer stream the output. Note, I did my testing by launching the program directly from the Program Files directory. Also, I tried this on two different PCs (same hardware in each) and had the same problem --worked before but not after the updates. Also, I had the same issue whether my LAN connection was via Ethernet or a USB Wi-Fi adapter. If any LAN connection was open Vmix would lock up right after launch.

I recently installed the Preview release of version 19 and am happy to say for the first time in a long time Vmix appears to be working again. I can even open the same scene I created in 17 and things look good. I haven't fully tested all the functionality of my original scene but at least the "Not Responding" problem is gone.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to report that the serious issue I was having in V17/V18 (and never found a resolution for) seems to have been fixed in version 19.

If anyone has seen this "not responding" right after launch issue before and can point me to a solution thread I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just wait for the official release of V19, download the trial, and see if the problem is still fixed.

Thanks.
ask  
#71 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:22:24 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

admin wrote:
ask wrote:

Maybe check the vMix logs in Documents\vMixStorage\logs to see if any errors are coming up when it is flickering black.

Can also right click call go to Open Call Manager then click the bar graphic button to open up advanced statistics
to see a bunch of things including the frame rate per second that might determine if the black frame is part of the encoded stream

No logs generated so I assume vMix doesn't see anything wrong.
File Attachment(s):
VIDEO0017[1].mov (2,480kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
VIDEO0018[1]~1.mov (1,286kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
VIDEO0019[1].mov (1,994kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#72 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 9:20:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

vMix 19 Preview Updated (19.0.0.30)

http://cdn.vmix.com/download/vmix19preview.exe

* Added support for 10 MultiView Overlays up from 5
* Each Overlay can be enabled/disabled for scenarios where you want audio from an input to be turned on
but you don't want it visible.
* Add ability to drag and drop the numbered boxes to move the orders of the overlays whilst preserving the overlay's position.
This is handy to change the render order (z-order) for things like the Merge transition effect.

* Added High1080 profile to Video Call bandwidth. Note that this requires a lot of CPU and a stable high speed broadband connection
(10mbps/10mbps) for good results.

* Fixed delay when sending chat message to multiple callers

* When adding a new call input, it will default the settings to the last added call.
thanks 6 users thanked admin for this useful post.
DWAM on 2/27/2017(UTC), stigaard on 2/27/2017(UTC), corporatejames on 2/27/2017(UTC), sinc747 on 2/28/2017(UTC), madness on 3/1/2017(UTC), vijay6672 on 3/1/2017(UTC)
IceStream  
#73 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 11:33:43 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ admin

This looks awesome Martin, I can't wait to try.
Are there corresponding "Shortcuts" to alter the "Overlay" order in "MultiView"?

Ice
madness  
#74 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:39:13 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I love the addition of the additional overlays in multiview, but it doesn't seem to remember your settings. I added 10 overlays to a transparent color input, and unchecked the 10th overlay, and used the Brady bunch overlay, but when I go back to settings for the input, it re activates the 10th overlay. I disabled a couple of the others as well, but when opening the input settings, they always revert to enabled. Seems to only do so when changing to the Multiview settings tab. As soon as you do click the Multiview tab, it seems to do a refresh, and changes from your setting to all enabled.

The addition of the drag & drop multiview positioning is also great!

I can also verify the Firefox chat issue is also fixed.
madness  
#75 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 5:51:25 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Ran into another issue with this build.

Tried to open a preset I'm creating for an event in April, and each time I do so, (twice now), it crashes windows, and reboots!

I'm going to try some other presets, and try to rebuild it to see if it has something to do with the new features.
ask  
#76 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 10:09:08 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

ask wrote:
admin wrote:
ask wrote:

No logs generated so I assume vMix doesn't see anything wrong.

Hi Martin, the .30 build seems to have stabilised the stream on the integrated graphics card machine. Did you make a change for this? If not I'll have to investigate more to nail root cause. Andrew
admin  
#77 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 11:11:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

madness wrote:
Ran into another issue with this build.

A crash means a driver problem or hardware fault somewhere, likely graphics.
The changes since 18 are not likely to contribute to this, especially of opening an older preset which won't be using any of the new features.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 2/28/2017(UTC)
admin  
#78 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 11:12:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

ask wrote:

Hi Martin, the .30 build seems to have stabilised the stream on the integrated graphics card machine. Did you make a change for this? If not I'll have to investigate more to nail root cause. Andrew

No, we haven't been able to replicate the problem so far. Unless you had .28 installed which had an intel graphics fix in .29
corporatejames  
#79 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 11:55:14 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Can you add a 1920x1080 with 3000mbs? (I know 4000mbs is recommended but I still get good quality at 3000mbs)
or similar to the 720p of 3 options.

Other then that I like the 10 overlay channels now on the input, been stuck a couple times when you just want a extra layer or two
had to combine 2 inputs.

ask  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:34:47 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

admin wrote:
ask wrote:

No, we haven't been able to replicate the problem so far. Unless you had .28 installed which had an intel graphics fix in .29

Hmm...had same behavior in .28 and .29. No matter. Have now had a stable connection for over two hours at high bandwidth. The only thing that has changed on the machine is the vMix build. Not even any M$ updates.