logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thepelell  
#41 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:51:06 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I still haven't tried v19, but have a couple of questions about vmixcall:

1) is the protocol compatible with speed aggregators/bonding like speedify? in 4G third world countries like Italy it is not easy to always have 2Mb bandwidth with just one operator.
2) in case connection with caller is lost, can the vmix pc call back the caller with auto answer like it is possibile with skype on android?
DWAM  
#42 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:57:03 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

1. Speedify : yes
2. Vmix doesn't call, it allows the guest to. So yes if connection is lost the call is reconnected when connection comes back. Or the guest can call again or simply refresh its browser.
DWAM  
#43 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:12:14 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
The keys are only active whilst the host session is active. That is if you close the input you close the session. Found this out by accidently closing the input.

@ask Yes but you can re-create the input with the exact same key.
And as you have to communicate this key to your guest, normally you should keep track of it.
DWAM  
#44 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:17:56 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Here's what the doc says
Quote:
The input can also be closed in vMix, however it is possible to reuse the Password for subsequent calls in the future.
DWAM  
#45 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:30:03 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
I have a client that would like to give the password out so that people could call in and ask questions on a live show. If their was a message stating that the password (or call in number as I would call it) were busy (or if their was a cue setup) then the current person would not be kicked off and the next caller could be notified when the "line" was open.

You will see that it is not that easy to take unattended remote guests. It will not always work for everybody even if you give a lot of information about requirements and advices, most people won't read or won't mind. In a live event you cannot expect to use this without rehearsals where you can check if everything's ok. Most people will be in bad light conditions, will not use headphones, etc... Based on my experience, I can tell unless you don't mind spoiling your show and lose a lot of time, that this must be prepared.

I also think it is more interesting to give people different keys as you can put them in "queue" and take them on air quickly in a row.

Guillaume
ask  
#46 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 8:40:33 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
sinc747 wrote:
ask wrote:
Playing on a system with only Integrated Graphics today the outgoing video was perfect but the incoming video was constantly unstable, flashing on and off. I am not certain wether it was network issues that were at fault, so tomorrow I will connect to a different network with more bandwidth to rule that out. In the meantime can someone run some tests with just the onboard graphics, not a Nvidia or AMD setup and report back. Thanks

Had you already done this update to 19.0.0.28?

https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=35533#post35533

- Tom

Yep!
admin  
#47 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 11:14:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
For those reporting issues such as dark camera etc, could you provide a screenshot of what the decoded video looks like
and if possible a snapshot of how the camera looks in the android browser (where applicable) to compare.

http://www.greenbot.com/...-your-android-phone.html

With Android devices in general, it is up to the browser to correctly detect and use the camera and we have limited control over that as a result.
I have seen good results with the latest Opera for Android, so that is an option to try as well.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ask on 2/24/2017(UTC)
admin  
#48 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 11:39:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Another good test is to compare results with a site like appr.tc to see
if it is a browser/device bug or something we can fix in vMix Call.
PFBM  
#49 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 12:45:32 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
vmix Videocall.

testing on Samsung s6.

only opera browser works.....
chrome and firefox not working.....

Cheers,

PFBM
boris9831  
#50 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:33:01 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Quote:
I have a client that would like to give the password out so that people could call in and ask questions on a live show. If their was a message stating that the password (or call in number as I would call it) were busy (or if their was a cue setup) then the current person would not be kicked off and the next caller could be notified when the "line" was open.

You will see that it is not that easy to take unattended remote guests. It will not always work for everybody even if you give a lot of information about requirements and advices, most people won't read or won't mind. In a live event you cannot expect to use this without rehearsals where you can check if everything's ok. Most people will be in bad light conditions, will not use headphones, etc... Based on my experience, I can tell unless you don't mind spoiling your show and lose a lot of time, that this must be prepared.

I also think it is more interesting to give people different keys as you can put them in "queue" and take them on air quickly in a row.

Guillaume

Thanks - I agree that it would not be easy but may be worth the extra effort to set up a call in show. The different key is a good idea.
boris9831  
#51 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:42:57 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Quote:
The keys are only active whilst the host session is active. That is if you close the input you close the session. Found this out by accidently closing the input.

@ask Yes but you can re-create the input with the exact same key.
And as you have to communicate this key to your guest, normally you should keep track of it.

I tried to use the same "password" after closing a Video Call input and it will not let me enter it.
thepelell  
#52 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:14:29 PM(UTC)
thepelell

did some tests today and i am impressed, very low latency and good recovery when connection is lost. A couple of things to consider:
- i tried with a cheap Wiko brand android phone, installed chrome beta, and first tests had decent 16:9 video. When I tried again a couple of hours later (and vmix pc rebooted) I would only get a 4:3 image from the phone.
- keeping the input open in vmix, I finished a call from phone and connected with a windows laptop, I finally had a 16:9 image, but even if I am on same wifi network, it seems i'm not getting 100% picture quality. I haven't found any options for bitrate or size for the caller cam, is there a way to change it or at least view realtime bandwidth usage? this is usefull also for estimating 4g data traffic for long time connections; i mean with a 1280x720 vmix preset, what bandwidth is going to be used: 2Mb, 3Mb ..?
thanks
ask  
#53 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 9:18:28 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

ask wrote:
Playing on a system with only Integrated Graphics today the outgoing video was perfect but the incoming video was constantly unstable, flashing on and off. I am not certain whether it was network issues that were at fault, so tomorrow I will connect to a different network with more bandwidth to rule that out. In the meantime can someone run some tests with just the on-board graphics, not a Nvidia or AMD setup and report back. Thanks

Update: Have swapped onto another network with plenty of bandwidth. Still get instability in the signal with the host on a box without a separate graphics card.

http://www.mindittv.net/transfer/VIDEO0016.mov

admin  
#54 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:08:24 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

ask,

What type of system/device/camera is sending/encoding that source that vMix is receiving?
admin  
#55 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:08:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

For those wondering about password reuse, you can only reuse a password if you have the call input already saved in a preset previously.
If you close the input and didn't save it you will need to create a new input and password.
thanks 4 users thanked admin for this useful post.
ask on 2/24/2017(UTC), sinc747 on 2/24/2017(UTC), madness on 3/1/2017(UTC), ggaboriau on 3/7/2017(UTC)
sinc747  
#56 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 11:36:35 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 161 post(s)
thepelell wrote:
I haven't found any options for bitrate or size for the caller cam, is there a way to change it or at least view realtime bandwidth usage?

Check out the Call Manager window (rt click the vMix Call Input). You see more stats than you can shake a stick at.

- Tom
ask  
#57 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 11:36:44 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

admin wrote:
ask,

What type of system/device/camera is sending/encoding that source that vMix is receiving?

Another vmix install. The return video/audio is perfect. Had the same issue when using a phone as the input source.
thepelell  
#58 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:31:41 AM(UTC)
thepelell

sinc747 wrote:
thepelell wrote:
I haven't found any options for bitrate or size for the caller cam, is there a way to change it or at least view realtime bandwidth usage?

Check out the Call Manager window (rt click the vMix Call Input). You see more stats than you can shake a stick at.

- Tom

thanks, I somehow missed that. Interesting find, from my 2009 imac webcam on wifi network i am getting 1280x720 12fps 1000kbps 500ms with "Low" setting as return feed. It seems a bit low, I guess I need to check my network.
I also did a quick test with Opera beta on android and at least I had a chance to choose front or back camera.
thepelell  
#59 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:19:57 AM(UTC)
thepelell

ok I am an idiot, of course the call is via internet, so if you have crap internet speed you will have crap video quality...and i have 4Mb down and 1Mb up at home where I am testing so I cannot get any better...
JAIRODJ  
#60 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:12:34 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
They could add some control of the resolution you want to receive in vmix, this to optimize the bandwidth, currently the vmixcall input takes the default resolution of 1920x1080.